LS1GTO Forums banner

"New" hood, moar pics, COME AT ME BRO

3K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  BBMonaro 
#1 ·
Finally was able to get my hands on an 05/06 hood. Came off a totaled 05, that was also Torrid red, which was nice. Structurally, the hood was great, however the paint was in pretty bad shape in my eyes. Aside from swirls, it had various large scuffs and abrasions. With the help of a friend, we took a couple hours Saturday to Polish it out. Didn't take any before pics, but it wasn't pretty.

Pics aren't the best, but I tried to get a few to show how nice it turned out from where we started.

:weak:

See less See more
#35 ·
Looks good. Definitely hard to find a good clean 05/06 hood.

#41 ·
Thank you! Elliot is pretty cool. He actually gave me a deal on mine. Tell him they are for a GTO when you order.

Paint the hood scoops black too
I may do that. Still deciding if it'll be too much for me.

Car looks awesome! I need to try and buff/polish out some imperfections in my hood that have been there since I bought it, but I'm afraid of thin clearcoat. How much did you have to cut into the finish and did you run into any problems with it being real thin?
Thank you. And no, everything went smoothly. Thankfully the scuffs on the hood, while they were large, weren't very deep at all.

I really like the wheels and your lucky to find a hood without a ton of rock chips. Looks good!
Thanks.

#45 ·
Congrats on finding a hood in great shape; like you said, they always have front end damage for some reason. I had to give up and buy a damaged hood then pay big money to get it repaired, but it's worth it to finish the CV8-Z look. The struggle is real for the 04 driver! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.