LS1GTO Forums banner

Drag Radials

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dyno junkie 
#1 ·
I don't drive the car much, so for the fun of it, what size drag radials do you run on the stock 18's?

#5 · (Edited)
I have a pair of MT ET 2s 245/40/18s on my car. I just finished and aligned my car on Sunday after overhauling the suspension. I haven't had any time to have any "fun" yet.

Curious if 18" Drag Radials will be worth a damn. Surely they will be better than my 420 treadwear touring tires previously.

#8 ·
#9 ·
They got 1.7 60' times with cammed LS1, but had to drop them down to 15lbs to get them to hook at all.

265/40/18's just broke into the 1.6 60' times with about 24lbs in them using the same converter and LS1.
Bigger converter went straight to low 1.6 60' times.

:aus_flag:

#10 ·
What size converter are you running and what are you launching at?

I have a 3800 in mine, hoping it'll launch 3,500 ish if the brakes can hold it and if the tires can actually hook! I'll probably need to invest in some bias plys

#11 · (Edited)
The 245/40/18's worked well with 3,500rpm convertor but not at all with 4,100 rpm.

1.52 60' times are with 5,000rpm convertor, 4.1:1 diff gears and cam only LS3.:aus_flag:

I only every sit on the line at idle and flash the convertor, when ever I have tried to foot stall the car has gone slower!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.