Here is an engine bay shot...

And here is the dyno sheet...

See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: kurazy kracka
#89 ·
#90 · (Edited)
Back half progress update...

Well finaly got the long awaited for, set of custom wheels my son made for my car and I'm happy, saved 22 lbs of weight in the process, gained much needed extra traction and accompleshed what i set out to, thats to get 11" wide wheels
inboard with out the use of coil overs or miny tubs, in fact have enught room to accomadate 325 mm wide tires, but no one makes 325/30/18 that i know of, but regardless, will need a wider wheel and thats not going to happen, I'm happy, the car looks great, imo and i think the wheels too, will post some pix of the new tire/wheel combo soon.

#91 · (Edited)
Update of....

Will be attending street car drags day, I'm headed for on the 9th...a special track rental day, the list keeps growing and I'm statatic....these cars are usually hard to find on the road when i look for em, but on that day ummm.... will bring back some bids. I'm 12.9 on the list. I believe to have the only natural aspirated car in the group, yet @ 4.8 lbs per crank HP going down the road, i hope to do well.

As for me, i will be trying to brake in to the 9 sec N-A on my street car.
It Is my first track day with this build.

Spectators: $5, paid at the gate.

Street cars only, no trailered race cars.

Current List of Cars Attending:
1.2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG BiTurbo RENNtech (SGC)
2.2013 Nissan GT-R (FikseGTS)
3.2010 Nissan GT-R (Church)
4.2005 Ford GT (FikseGTS)
5.2010 Nissan GT-R (Billy)
6.1965 Chevrolet Corvette (Tony)
7.2009 Nissan GT-R (DDRMotors)
8.2010 Nissan GT-R (SleepDoc)
9.2010 Nissan GT-R (Goonthree)
10.2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Bryan)
11.2006 Corvette Z06 (Redline)
12.2012 Camaro ZL1 (Redline)
13.2006 Pontiac GTO (David)
14.2009 Nissan GT-R (Bill@SiR)
15.2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Manny)
16.2008 Pontiac G8 GT (Julio)
17.1998 Ford Mustang Saleen (Sergio)
18.2010 Chevrolet Camaro (George)
19.1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Steve)
20.2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS (DoeBoi152)
21.2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (Michael)
22.2009 BMW 335i (Steve)
23.2011 Camaro SS (Thesnipper)
24.2010 Nissan GT-R (Sportswizz)
25.2009 Nissan GT-R (DMMD)
26.1985 Chevy ElCamino (Robert)
27.2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG RENNtech (ADV.1)
28.Porsche 997 Twin Turbo (ADV.1)
29.2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Camarovigoa)
30.2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (Paul)
31.2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS (Nick)
32.2012 Nissan GT-R (Jack)
33.2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (Rob)
34.2012 Cadillac CTS-V (James)
35.2013 Nissan GT-R (K-MAN)
36.2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (ADVFIRE)
37.2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 (Steve)
38.2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (Brad)
39.2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (Robert)
40.2006 Mitsubishi Evolution (RAM1320)
41.2006 Dodge Charger (Scott
42.2000 Pontiac Grand Prix (Walt)
43.2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 (DRP)
44.2013 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible (Jimmy)
45.2005 Dodge Magnum (Mike)
46.2007 Ford Mustang GT500 (TDS)
47.2005 Dodge Viper (Cem)
48.2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG (Adrian)
49.2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (Florin)
50.2011 Toyota Tundra (Eddy)
51.2010 Dodge Challenger (Tony)
52.2004 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG (JS Benz)
53.2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (JS Benz)
54.2005 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG (JS Benz)
55.2010 Nissan GT-R (Brad)
56.2008 BMW 335i Vishnu Single Turbo (GeorgiaTech335iCoupe)
57.2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG BiTurbo RENNtech (Karl)
58.2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grandsport (Kurt)
59.2011 BMW 335i RENNtech (Dimitri)
60.2006 Chevrolet Corvette C6 (Jeff)
61.2005 Chrysler Crossfire - (Jim)
62.2009 BMW 335i (Mark)
63.2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (Frank)
64.2008 Lamborghini Superleggera Twin Turbo (Giancarlo)
65.1986 Buick T-Type (JS)
66.Nissan GT-R CLSFOOD (ADV.1)
67.2013 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG (John B)
68.2013 Ford Mustang GT (Taylor)
69.1986 Buick T-Type (Manny)
70.1983 Ford Mustang (Willy)
71.2012 Ford Mustang GT (Matt)
72.2013 Nissan GT-R (GKennedy)
73.1999 Pontiac Firehawk (Andrew)
74.2009 Nissan GT-R (Kris)
75.2010 Dodge Viper (Viperbob)
Posted in Uncategorized

#93 ·
Will be attending street car drags day, I'm headed for on the 9th...a special track rental day, the list keeps growing and I'm statatic....these cars are usually hard to find on the road when i look for em, but on that day ummm.... will bring back some bids. I'm 12.9 on the list. I believe to have the only natural aspirated car in the group, yet @ 4.8 lbs per crank HP going down the road, i hope to do well.

As for me, i will be trying to brake in to the 9 sec N-A on my street car.
It Is my first track day with this build.
Well...:dunno:

#94 · (Edited)
That day came and went...

And i had a great time, kicked some serious bud in spite an unseasonably hot day, even for us here in south Florida.
I had a 10.990 first pass @ 129.54 mph not even close to the 9.xx i was hoping for, but in the positive side i beat a supercharged 5.0 mustang GT in the process, i spooned 1st and second, still left the supercharged 4 valve double overhead cam new car to watch a goats rear all down the track, he ran a 12.403 @ 113.67 mph.

the next 3 passes where even slower, but i guess every one was having difficulties an 11.306 / 11.341 / 11.282.
For fifth last and best pass i put 200 lbs ballast in the trunk and my son put the timing down to 9 degrees and ramp up through first gear, the results a 10.687 et @ 128.59 mph still spinning, considering stock factory springs with only Koni shocks i guess is not that bad, sure i need 90/10 shocks, nose drops quickly.
The real satisfaction?, i won every one of all 5 passes and all those opponents had aether tween turbos or supercharger, those cars two are v12 bi turbo Benz, two mustangs both supercharged, a 5.0 and GT 500 - an F1 pro charged fire bird and a twin turbo Nissan GTR with all and it's launch control and all wheel drive.
The real surprise came at the scale 2,802 went took out the helmet and bang... 2,800 considering the cast iron LSX block in there i was in disbelieve, after asking around, the scale is rite my friend weigh his new .Grand Sport corvette and was at the correct weigh @ about 500 lbs more.
My reaction time was all over the place but never late, "no body" did not beat me off the hole, i red lighted twice but so did one of my opponents.
The one where only i red lighted i had better et and mph so he would have lost any how.
Haven't had this much fun in one day in a long time, other than not even coming close to the 9.xx mark and a very hot and humid day, all that didn't matter still was a perfect day for me and every one with me, and i had crowd.
After my perfect spelling and eloquent writing, I'm sure you all have no need of video.

#115 · (Edited)
The real surprise came at the scale 2,802 went took out the helmet and bang... 2,800 considering the cast iron LSX block in there i was in disbelieve
I think you have a great build going here, I really do. I am just questioning the authenticity of this statement. Not if it was an outright lie, but more an uneducated understanding of how significant of a weight loss to a GTO this would require. Consider this, the body shell in and of itself with hood, doors, trunklid, fenders, and both front and rear bumpers intact, weigh more than 2000lbs. This is 100% completely stripped of every nut or bolt that is not needed and NOTHING but the shell intact with the above items.

Read this thread to see how significant it is to get to even 3000lbs with nothing in the car. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455065
Yeah, a perfect example is my body work. Fenders are held on with 3 bolts. Bumper brackets are removed and held on with zipties. The zipties thing might sound kinda jank, but if you tap a wall your bumper just pops off instead of twisting fenders and braking more stuff. Dash is held in with 2 bolts and 2 jumbo zipties. Dosnt event rattle lol.
That is the type of weight loss I would expect for a 2800lb GTO, and he is STILL not there.

I feel this statement is more accurate:

Got tha goat on a diet, weight is now down below 3,400 lbs without the driver, so race weight should be 3,600 going down the track, that's down from 4,120 .
So I stand by my statement; be sure to zero the scales before you pull on.

#97 ·
Like every thing else the 60' times are all over the place, i will post the time slips later but they are 1.634 for my 10.990 first pass 1.896 for the 11.052 1.825 for the 11.341 et 1.688 for 11.306 et and my best and last pass 1.534 60' for 10.687 et.

#98 ·
Hey King thanks for visiting my threat, your post quickly brought to mind i should have taken a picture of the car on the scale with the scale numbers behind it, but i have a card for you, when i put my car back with the interiors and the rest of the stuff i want back in it, my car should be under 3200 lbs, hope that helps, at that time will go back to get a pix on the scale with it's numbers to match my word, you guys will be relieve to know our goats are not as heavy as we thought after all, will take pictures off the car before i return stuff in to it, the only difference will be the street wheel/tire set cause i changed from my drag PAC before returning home, will post those pix too, yeah drove my car there and back, 80 miles each way, it was as much joy as racing it.

#102 ·
The day was extra hot on sunday for some reason. I was logging the runs, and the ECT was 210-220. Mind you we had to change the 160 thermo for the OEM one cause it went bad.

We left some on the table besides the hot day taking away some performance. We were still working on the launch looking for traction and the et streets were being broken in that day. So theres a few different things that cost us a few tenths.

On the best run (10.6) the car shifted to 4th with only 8mph left. And when we went to correct that problem it started to rain -__- Theres still probably atleast .5 sec left on the table. I also had to kill timing on the initial launch to aid traction. So we werent leaving the line at full power.

It was a great day all in all. First time in this car at the track. First time with a car this fast on a track period. Great learning experience. We didnt expect the car to be so light, which is one of the reasons we had traction issues. We couldnt believe the weight. But if anynoe did half the stuff we did to lighten the car, ppl would shed atleast 300-400lbs.

We'll be back eventually to the track, with cooler weather for sure. It was to hot -__-

#111 ·
looking good David!

#112 ·
Word has it...

there will be another track rental street car drags day coming soon, will do a few things differently, hopefully will do better next time, some one's putting a video together for me will share it with you when i get it, you can't imagine how much fun is to kick some serious bud against super charger and turbo cars N-A...
I have a trick up my thoughts, I'm thinking to not put the weight back in the car yet and taking the trip to next test and tune day to weight the car with less fuel 2 b in the 2,7xx lbs range, it will likely be a first for a late model street goat, and i don't think i want to give up on this one. I will prove it this time.

#114 ·
lets talk...

Hey King howdy, you sure got some use for the lie detector, just wonder, do you have a truth spatter by any chance, maybe we can start using some new equipment this Christmas, or maybe even just for Holidays, Joyfully David.

#116 ·
Just maybe...

Hey king thanks for sharing that thread, i spatted a few points he missed which i didn't when removing weight from his car, jusssst maybe you miscalculated my determination, when i did what i call the back halve, lots of weight came out, i put a removable sheet alum partition behind the seat, removed the side panels, rear side and behind rear seat speakers, third light, with the custom tank more than i care to list came out, just for the track sense the ac had not been cooling the compressor evaporator and drier came out, horns shock tower brace.
I only had one seat at 15 lbs with brackets, no radio, fuse panel door, glove box or floor mats. did not removed the bumper supports carpet dash console air bags head liner. have very light set of wheels and tires, carbon fiver drive shaft, light weight gas tank, 19 lbs hood 14 lbs exhaust ( up to axles for the track) He weight his car with full tank mine was 5/8 and he was in his car, i was not, I'm hopeful after i put all the interior back in minus the driver seat, (will retain the light drivers seat) and the ac, horns, shock tower brace, radio, mats glove box, fuse panel door, seat belts, speakers, third light and side rear interior panels to still be below 3,200 if that is possible i will know, and if thats the case, will end up with a 4 passenger car which weights less than a corvette, and thats cool and more so considering the power in this goat.

#119 ·
I can attest to the heat in fla this time of year, last year I was working in St. Lucie which is 2 1/2 hrs north of him and I wore a t-shirt all but 3 days during december. While sweating the entire time.

#122 ·
all and all not to bad first time out. getting use to a big motor plus light car is going to be fun.

I'm waiting on the tracks around here to open back up next month.. looking for some 10.30@130+ out this tank

#124 ·
"I found the missing MPH". We where logging the runs and my son and i where moved to go take a look at the loggs and it revealed some very graphic losses; on the gear shift to second netted a spike in RPM and no mph gained, we should have increased 3 MPH on the shift along had it not been for wheel spin, the gear change did came just perfectly on time at around 6,800 rpm but on the gear change to third went in late at over 7,100 RPM this time it did net us instant 2 mph gain and lots of rpm drop which means no wheel spin but the torq converter may have locked, just at the same time of the gear change tho I'm not sure, so there we where outside of the correct gear change rpm by almost 400 rpms then another big screw up was recorded, in the early part of third gear power ban, the trannie changed to 4th gear which is overdrive, and picked up the last 6 to 8 mph in overdrive at around 5k rpm, car should have gone true the traps in 3rd converter locked at around 6,800 rpms, by the way this logg was on the best pass of 10.68 et. Will be back to the track at the end of January. Kudos to those who thought something was wrong, and for shearing your thoughts. Have a great Holidays time, David.

#127 ·
So are you going to be going?

#129 · (Edited)
Wont make it this week end...

As it turned out this week end seems to be the one we where waiting for in terms of cool weather, unfortunately i won't be racing.
As the goat won't jump off the jack stands in at least another week, so i will likely b spectator this event, but that's not all bad, i can get familiar with who's who on the area roads and see in action some of the best on the streets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.