LS1GTO Forums banner

ZR1 Houston To Midland

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  tmiller 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife's son just bought an '09 ZR1 in Houston and drove it to his place in Midland. He's already got some stories about top speed where the roads are straight and a whole lot of nothing to worry about out on the ride back.

I don't want to crap up my own OP but the plot really thickens with a divorce a month ago and sudden assets appearing when there were none at the settlement.

Edit to add: His mom is really pissed right now but maybe when things calm down, I'll get to drive it.

#4 ·
This. You can make 100k a year easily, with little to no schooling. Hell my gf's brothers are all at 6 figures and all but one went straight into the fields from HS.

#5 ·
I need to be discreet so no more about his spending habits or family life.

The "details" about the drive to Midland (I wasn't there so ???) were something about messing around with a pair of 1100cc cycles, hanging as a group to 180mph and then walking away from 'em up to 210 indicated on the speedo. And later/after, all of them pulling in to a gas stop to talk and slap backs.

He isn't the type or known to make up stories so I can't call BS. But I wonder. It seems to me a few slight dips in the road would be a huge deal.

#9 · (Edited)
100k/yr can get you a ZR1? I guess you can but you''' probably live in shitty trailer/house and be broke all the time.

#16 ·
We're not talking about a trailer home for the main chracter in this story. He doesn't own the company yet, his father does. He just runs it. Between the two of them, they're nudging close to seven figures. They've had some lean years..... but this isn't one of them. "Lean" for them is in a different context than lean for me and maybe for you, too. They were able to play the ol' pea and the walnut shells pretty good before the divorce so he could buy toys like this after.

My wife is janked about all the hanky/panky, wheelin'/dealin' that went on and I'm just janked because he's always a dollar short and borrows money from her.

#22 ·
Haha, this so all reads of typical "oil field trash".

ZR1 in a trailer park? Hell yeah!!! Right beside my lifted H2 and a 500hp bass rig. House?shit on that noise when you live on a drill'n rig 20 days a month. Hehe

Actually, I loved for my service hands to have cool ass toys. They never bitch about catching jobs as they have HuGE bills to pay.

Although I am a bit jealous. This past boom has been VERY good if you caught it right.

#24 ·
Trailer park boys are always easily offended. It's hard not to talk shit about them when all they do is claim they are "oilfield trash" or an even better one "oilfield mafia" lmao. I've seen way too many rear window decals that say that shit. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.