LS1GTO Forums banner

Iowa Area GTO Sightings

485K views 10K replies 159 participants last post by  mk9190 
#1 ·
Post all sightings from your area here.

#2 ·
2005 yellow heading west on I-80 just outside of the iowa city area.....

talk about breaking the dull ho hum, had been staring into nothingness until the GTO whipped past......

other than that it had been watching the corvette club drive by all day

#3 ·
if you are in iowa city goatkart i think i saw your 04 silver GTO a few weeks ago when i was there visiting a friend that goes to Univ of Iowa. i am sure you didnt notice me but i was driving down debuque in the opposite direction in my 71 GTO merging onto I80 driving back to chicago.

i was impressed only took me a full tank each way in the 71

for you guys in IC let me know if you are interested in meeting up in 2 weeks, i may be going down there with my (new as of tomorrow) 2004 black GTO

#4 ·
I TOTALLY SAW THAT GTO!!!

in fact it about gave me some serious whiplash.. im a huge fan of any of the older gto's... but yeah it was probally me, especially if you were able to notice arizona plates on it...

my schedual is normally pretty packed up as far as meeting up goes, but i might be able to clear it up if you gimme another heads up a little closer to when your coming....there is another person i see running around iowa city every now and again, with a black gto, with iirc, illinois tags on it... i always try and give him a thumbs up when ever i see him.....

but i have to admit, you have me embarassed as i know for a fact the car was dirty as sin that day....

aaron
:secret:

#5 ·
dont worry about it, i had sunglasses on (it was real hot and sunny that day) and you were pretty far away (funny how before i got into the new GTOs i had a hard time noticing them but now i can spot them from a mile away) so i didnt see how dirty your car was haha.

i am suprised you spotted me, you were probably far enough away so you couldnt see the hidious paint on it right now.

next time i go up might be a week from monday, but i will have the 04 up there not the 71 (because it gets about 11 mpg more than the 71) not to mention the much better CD player and sound system, along with A/C...leather seats....you get the idea...

#6 ·
Where are all the Iowa GTO's???

Where the hell is everyone? I see GTO's all the time but never any representation on this website....

#7 ·
I've been thinking the same as you LuxorMagic. I'm lurking here all the time I just don't post much. I love this site though lots of good info in here.

#8 ·
Cedar Rapids, IA new goat

Just got my 05 IBM/black M6 from Mike McGrath in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Any other GTOs in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area? I'm pretty sure I saw Iowa City represented the other day...

#9 ·
Saw a black/black 05 with chromed stock wheels in downtown Des Moines Friday night. Anybody on this site?

#11 ·
Welcome to the board 2kformula, you have some pretty nice rides. Did you by chance have that cyclone grey GTO in Ames sometime in May/June? I remember seeing a GTO in Ames with paper tags from Ramsey.

Either way welcome to the board, not to many locals on here but we are growing.

#12 ·
Yeah that was probably me going to Hickory park, to meet my corvette buddies. I did get it at Ramsey in late March Special ordered it from Omaha to get that color didnt want to wait till they got one in. Maybe I will see you around some time. We meet in Des Moines some times also.

#13 ·
Shoot me a PM if you and your buddies are planning on getting together somewhere. I've been out to Porky's a few times but that gets old real fast.

#15 ·
LuxorMagic said:
Shoot me a PM if you and your buddies are planning on getting together somewhere. I've been out to Porky's a few times but that gets old real fast.
I try and get them together soon then I wont be the only slow one down there. Just kidding but they are all modified. I did run one of them that has a 03 Z06 from a first gear roll about 15mph and we stayed dead even till about 90 then he slowly pulled away it was good fun anyway. I will PM when I hear some news.

#16 ·
I met a fellow board member (ScottK6204) at Porky's on Saturday night. He has a heads and cam 04 that puts down some serious power.

If you chime in here Scott, it was nice chattin with ya. I would have stuck around a little later into the evening but the gf was getting pretty bored listening to us.

#17 ·
Hello Iowa GTO owners. I am over in Davenport PM me we should get togather

#19 ·
I'm not "officially" an Iowa guy, but I'm only about 45 minutes from Davenport. If you guys have a get together, I'm there.

SeanFlynn

#21 ·
We will have to get together once the weather warms up.

I'm getting really anxious while waiting to install my headers and catback, I plan on taking the GTO to Speed Inc. for a dyno tune after all the new parts are on.

There will be a 3rd Annual AmesGto Meet in (where else) Ames sometime in June. It keeps growing every year.

I'm starting to have withdrawls from not driving her in so long.

Spring can not come soon enough!

#22 ·
Mid January in Iowa!

Just had my car out today enjoying the nice weather, man I can't wait til spring! Hey Luxormagic, when are you going to Speed Inc? I am going there this spring also probably in early May. I have done alot to it since you saw it last. I bought some 3.91 gears for it last month through a gp here and now I am going to buy a one piece driveshaft also, so thats why I am going to Speed Inc is to have them install them for me. I am always on this site but this is the first time I have ever checked out the midwest section, I will have to check in here more often!

#23 · (Edited)
Those guys @ SPEED INC. will take care of ya..they did my tune last may, the goat has worked flawlessly since then...great bunch of guys to work with... BTW , when you guy's go over there..make sure you have your stock MAF they won't tune with an aftermarket..PS. theres a $50.00 discount for out of staters... lol...

#24 ·
Drove through on Jan 1-2. Stayed overnight in Council Bluffs on the 1st.

Rob

#25 ·
Yellow Jacket in Davenport IA. Noon on Friday, corner of kimberly road by Panera. I was in my 2004 pulse red heading west, you were heading south.

SeanFlynn

#26 ·
Nope it wasnt me. I did get the car out late on Friday to go put the new midpipes on. However I didnt make it that far up the hill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.