LS1GTO Forums banner

Again. . . .But with 315/35/17's this time. . . .

7K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  quick05 
#1 ·
Coming Soon

I have another GTO here to get some descent sized tires under.

This car belongs to Quick05 here on the forum.

Ryan's car will be sitting on a set of Nitto Nt05 315/35/17's.
He has a set of factory 17's that have been widened to 11".
During this tub I will be installing a set of Gforce red powdercoated rear coilovers with 225lb springs.

I will post a few pictures along the way for everyones viewing pleasure.

Attachments

See less See more
#32 · (Edited)
I want it! awesome tub job

did you need to roll the fender lip?

#36 ·
no b/c i am using stock wheels

#33 ·
Man I really need to have that done to my car.For sure.

Josh shoot me a PM about the cost and time frame.I was talking about this before I went to BFE for a couple years and now I'm trying to get my BRW running good and I am tired of having a smoke queen.

Thanks,Ron

#37 ·
Sorry probably a noob question and I know I should search but I have searched before and read that with the stock suspension 265 is as big as we can go in the rear but I read that there are different like control arms or something we can buy to give clearance for bigger tires. I would like to get 275s on the rear can anyone elaborate on how I would do this I have a 2004 A4 GTO stock suspension and about to buy some coilovers.

#38 ·
If you run 275's on the stock wheels, they'll fit no issue. If you run 275's on a wider wheel, you'll have to roll the fenders, but that should be all you need to do to get them to fit.

#41 ·
Hey just wondering how long it took you to do this? I'm planning on taking leave and driving the car up to my dads house to do this and wondering how many days I should take off. I'm not a newbie to tubbing, I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it might take me to do this. I'm thinking if I don't waste time I can get it done in a full 12 hour day. Whatcha think?

#42 ·
To clear an 11" wheel with an offset of +86 and a tire 305+
You are going to need about 25-35 hours of hard work. Assuming you are doing this alone.
Most of the time is in fit and finish and triple checking clearances at all travel points.

#45 ·
I'll have another person to help me. Yeah my goal is to have between a 305 and a 315 with an 11" wheel. Anywhere in between there will be good for me.

#44 ·
It probably wont but if you clear enough that it wont hit even with max suspension compression then you know for a fact you'll never have anything to worry about.

#48 ·
I have done 11 Gto's to date and I can get an 11" wheel with +86 et to clear with no wheel spacers and no outer fender lip modification. However, it still takes me about 20-25 hours to do one of these jobs alone, even after soo many under my belt. It will be a fun project for you, well worth the labor.

#49 ·
Is that with modified LCAs? I want to get a set made by gforce but not sure if they are OK for DD or not. Sent him a pm but havent gotten a response yet. Probably call him after the holidays if I havent heard anything yet.

#55 ·
Is it possible to get a 11"wide wheel to fit with just a notched arm??

#58 ·
they would only be from underneath the car if i took any

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.