LS1GTO Forums banner

Monaro vs. GTO interior trim differences

9K views 48 replies 41 participants last post by  branj70 
#1 · (Edited)
I was browsing through AU cars for sale website and lookin inside of those Monaro's, their dash trim is a different color than ours. It looks kinda like a metallic black, where our's is silver. anyone have a paint code for that??

See less See more
#2 ·
Me like!

#35 ·
+1. i prefer the silver and would not like the gauge pod on top of stack, but those digital hvac controls, that is awesome. wonder why they did not bring that over. was it strictly the cost? would it have been that expensive to do so?

#8 ·
their dash trim is a different colour than ours.
Fixed! Gotta spell with an accent when talking about Aussie stuff.

Did they come from the factory like that, or is that some aftermarket job? If aftermarket, I say just go to Ace Hardware or "The Zone" or Home Depot and pick out some gloss black paint you like and paint the factory stuff for like $5. No need to pay for overseas stuff. But, then again, I do things the cheap way, and yes, it does sometimes look cheap.

#9 ·
Forget the black, I want their digital HVAC controls with a screen!

#11 ·
Love the standard gauge pod as well!
Ours should of come that way!

#13 ·
Always made me wonder if there is a greater instance of lefties over there where righties are the majority here in the US.

#15 ·
ill take the cup holder!

#16 ·
I'd like the e brake on the correct side of the console.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#22 ·
Hey the steering wheel is the wrong the side of the car. :wall:

#25 ·
Fold out upholders

#33 ·
Wow i posted this thread then completely forgot about it. So it is factory... Interesting. Im interested in painting mine now. Anyone know if its plain gloss black or metallic?

#37 ·
im in the middle of doing this kinda paint job right now... from a spray can!

this is my progress so far.

used all rustoleum stuff. 3 coats gloss black / 3 coats automotive clear coat then wet sanded with 2000 grit then rubbed it down with meguiars "ultimate compound"

it has been a pain in the ass to get it this far. i aloud 2 days for drying in between each step and have done it multiple times because of screw up's. It's paying off though cuz i like where it is going.

Attachments

#38 ·
The orange/black two tone seat is 1000000 x's better than pure red, blue, black, or purple seating... I love my red seats, but if I could have that, id be all over it (for a reasonable price that is).

#40 ·
Katzkin can ook you up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.