Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Nitrous Oxide

Old 12-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
Nelson-GTO-PR
NelsonGTO

2005 GTO Owner

Nozzle vs Plate TT GTO

Hi, I have a TT GTO making 880 to the wheels on boost only,

Now I'm installing a Nitrous system with a HSW plate I get some time in the past with a 150 shot,

At the dyno I get only 60whp more on NOS, I don't know why... I make a lb/hr test to the plate with the 150 jets and it seems to be OK

My question is, do I need to move to a nozzle set-up instead of a plate or what other things I need to check?

A plate is good for FI?

I would like to have your opinions, thanks...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
JoeMama's GTO
This car goes to 11

2006 GTO Owner

Yikes, jet that thing way down to like a 50 and start tuning from there. I run boost/nitrous and I will tell you I started at a 65HP size nitrous shot and it picked up 110HP! I was wondering why it was slightly lean and it was because the nitrous just adds so much more HP than advertised with boost. Also recommend pulling 2 degrees for every 50HP as a starting point since a nitrous mixture burns so much faster. I run a plate by the way (use to run a nozzle), but I really don't think it matters much plate/nozzle for a smallish shot.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: