LS1GTO Forums banner

North Alabama/South Tenn. Goat Owners!!!!!

602K views 19K replies 174 participants last post by  Cbchs5744 
#1 ·
OK, Since there dosnt seem to be a thread or place for us people who live in North AL (Huntsville) area to swap info or mabe set up a meet, Ill start one. I know I have seen a few other GTO's in the Huntsville area, but dont know if they are on the forum. If there is anyone else out there in the North AL or South TENN. area apply a post and lets see if we can get this thread going.

#2 ·
Comon now there has got to be others out there???

#3 ·
There are 4 or 5 goats in n. Al. that are on the board, that I know about. Need to plan a gettoghter for the n. Al. gang, as most of them have been going with the Birmingham gang.

#4 ·
WOW Birmingham, long ways away. Im hoping to try to get something started up here and maybe try to get an even biger meet with the Tenn. Crew.
Comon guys let get somthing started.

#5 ·
We tried a few months ago for a meet & greet in Huntsville . We had about 10 commit and 3 of us showed up . I am always up for a get together with some GTO owners just give me a time and place. I live about 50 miles from Huntsville and don't mind getting to drive my car.:drink:

#6 ·
#9 ·
Besides the lake, I agree with you, the rest of Cullman pretty much sucks. I guess that's why everyone hangs out in Wal-Mart's parking lot on Saturday night. As far as Smith Lake goes, I enjoy the water and the scenery. Wakeboarding is probably one of my favorite activities. It's kind of hard to do any watersports around Birmingham, being as it's mostly concrete.

#10 ·
Now we got so action going on this thread. COOL! This weekend for me doing anything is out (folks are coming up from FL). But maybe next. Like I said I have seen an other Torrid Red (Like mine) and a Black GTO agound here, dont know if they had Bama or Tenn. plates. Havent seen them latley. Im new to this area (but wife grew up here) so Im always looking for a nice twisty drive somewhere.

#12 ·
so next weekend , where?

#13 ·
Not to sure, as I said Im new to the area. So I dont realy know whats around and where to go. Im lucky to make it to work and back with out getting lost. Just kidding Im not that bad. Anybody have any sujestions?

#14 ·
I am glad to know there are folks from North Alabama that are on this forum. I bought my 04 PBM M6 from Bramlett in Decatur. I will be leaving East Central Florida to return to my hometown of Decatur on the 9th of July. I have attended a lot of meets with people in the Tampa, Bradenton, and Orlando areas of Florida. All GTO drivers that I have met are some very nice people. We all have a common thread and that is we like our GTO. I am not the oldest GTO driver but I am almost 61 and having a blast. I just recently married for my second time and my wife likes to go to the GTO meets also. I hope to meet up with all of you in North Alabama this year and we can have some fun with our GTO's.

#15 ·
COOL! I too lived in FL (Rockledge area for 12yrs) and wife and I moved up here in April. Bought my GTO in Athens and love it so far. Hoping we Northern Bama folks can get something going and keep it rolling.

#17 ·
Im down for a get together anytime, I also have a friend that has an 04 pbm on this board that will definitely go also. I know of 3 other Goats here in Arab but Ive never gotten the chance to talk to any of them, also Im in Huntsville everyday and Ive seen at least 5 different ones around there and everytime Im thinking how nice it would be if everyone could meet up sometime. We definitely need to get something going. As far as locations go, we have our DSM meets at the mall parking lots(Parkway City, and Madison Square), but this time of year it would be HOT!!! so please lets pick a spot where there is some shade. The best thing we could do is set a date and place then let as many people know about it as possible. We could also post about it on hsvracing.com too.

Ive seen so many threads like this one die becasue nothing was ever done about the meet so please lets keep this one going and make something happen. We could first start posting locations then when we all agree on that we could work on the date, this would also give us time to let more people know about it. I cant think of any parks or anything but what about Ditto Landing, would that be an ok spot?

#18 ·
Well thats why I started this thread cause I want to get somthing going in this town. Friday night Im going to Huntsville speedway to watch one of my wifes cusins run on the round track. Sat evening would be good for me, Ill say
it again someone will have to sujest somewhere to meet up since Im not to up to speed as to what and where to go in this town. My wife is already worried that she will come home and find a half doz goats grazin in the driveway, Just kidding. Lets do this folks and keep it going.

#20 ·
This weekend might be too soon, but I will be in Huntsville staurday afternoon anyways. I was thinking about riding around to a few places and see which one would be the best for us. Even though Im here everyday I dont venture off the parkway that often so it would be hard for me to say where would be the best.

#22 ·
Im all for it. You talking about about Parkway City, or Madison Square?
Anyone else up for a inprompto meet?

#24 ·
Not sure what time we will be there yet. Might go out to eat @ Carrabas. If so I willbe parked on the upper level of the garage away from other parked cars, just do to a $300.00 repair bill for door dings.

#25 ·
I would really like to meet with all of you but I can't be in town until after the 4th of July. I start a new job at MSFC on July 9. My computer will probably be down for many days because of packing for the move so I will be checking in until that day of moving. Hope to be up and running very quickly.

#26 ·
Well good luck with your move, I know just what you will be going thru ( did it just 2mo's ago) Im sure we will be getting something going, or Im hoping. I know there isnt a lot of us in this area, but Im hoping we can get together all of us and maybe join up with the Tenn. crew one day. Have a good size meet.

#27 ·
Whynot plan for a gtg on july 7, that way Dw2 could attend and everyone could figureout and agree on a place to meet!

#29 ·
That sounds like a good idea. lets get to thinking of a meet for that weekend, I guess a "post JULY 4th meet". Any sujestions?

#30 ·
Hey all just wanted to say while wife and I were out this afternoon I saw another Torid Red Goat on hwy231 heading north around Maridianville. Dont know if this person is part of the forum.
Im still hoping we can get a good group of us going and maybe liven up this town :gears:

#32 ·
Where we meet depends on what time, afternoon or night? If we meet in the afternoon then Ditto Landing would be nice, as they have a park area with picnic tables. At night something like sonic or a nice restaruant ie Outback, Logans,etc.

#33 ·
The thing about meeting up at a restaraunt like logans or outback is that chances are there is going to be a lot of us and since its a meeting it would be nice if we could all sit together. If we all just showed up we would probobly have to wait a long time to get in, so what we could do is make reservations after we find out how many is gonna be there. Then after we get finished there we could always cruise around till we find something to do.

#40 ·
Hey we are now @ post #40, now we got a thread going, haha that was funny. I know ppl are busy and all but just as soon as everyone is available for a meet I think we need to plan something. The whole dinner thing is nice but I think it would be hard to do, unless we got to some place early to beat the dinner rush. Or as mentioned maybe sonic or something like that and take up half the lot with a heard of goats and grab a burger and chat. Anyone else with any input?

#42 ·
Sonic maybe the best place to meet. Would be nice if A&W drive in was still in Huntsville on drake. They had cruise in's every weekend.

#43 ·
Well since it looks like sonic might be the spot, are we gonna be nice (as we should) and wait till Dw2 gets up here? Im open to a date, since I have a bunch of stuff to install this weekend and maybe next (if I dont get it done this weekend).

#44 ·
I say go with the July 7th date, I have to put struts in mine this weekend or next, depends on when ups delivers them.

#47 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.