LS1GTO Forums banner

North Alabama/South Tenn. Goat Owners!!!!!

602K views 19K replies 174 participants last post by  Cbchs5744 
#1 ·
OK, Since there dosnt seem to be a thread or place for us people who live in North AL (Huntsville) area to swap info or mabe set up a meet, Ill start one. I know I have seen a few other GTO's in the Huntsville area, but dont know if they are on the forum. If there is anyone else out there in the North AL or South TENN. area apply a post and lets see if we can get this thread going.

#448 ·
Oh J hows your little one, and when you sending my that log?[/QUOTE]

He just had another sugery this afternoon ,number 26 the doc seemed pleased with it . He will have the external drains in for a few more days and then another surgery to place the shunt back in there . Hopefully then he will come home. If the weather ever cools off where I can run the log I will do one . It was 70 this morning still feels like summer. Hopefully this weekend it will cool off a little.

#449 ·
Oh J hows your little one, and when you sending my that log?
He just had another sugery this afternoon ,number 26 the doc seemed pleased with it . He will have the external drains in for a few more days and then another surgery to place the shunt back in there . Hopefully then he will come home. If the weather ever cools off where I can run the log I will do one . It was 70 this morning still feels like summer. Hopefully this weekend it will cool off a little.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear he is doing better. And ok on the log.
Hey anyone want to let me stay with them for a month or 2, no more. Just enough time to get some furnishings to then move into and apt in madison? Just thought Id ask.

#450 · (Edited)
I bought my '04 Torrid Red GTO bout 3 weeks ago. And I live about an 1 1/2 hours from Huntsville. Would love to attend some goattogethers =-)
Also, another location for a gtg would be Point Mallard water park in Decatur.

I have 2 friends that own '04 GTO's and said they would be willing to attend also.

I dont drive mine more than 3 miles at a time. Would be nice to spend some time in it. And see something besides 11.4 mpg LOL

peace

#451 ·
Welcome to the herd gameovr! We try to gtg every few weeks, keep looking at the thread for the latest updates. If you want to spend some time driving it check out the Tail of the Dragon post in the southeast section. It is going to be a run on the dragon along with a run on the charahala skyway, should be about 120 miles + just for those two roads, plus getting there and back!

#454 ·
Just making a post so that everyone doesn't start looking in the junkyards for a wrecked PBM.

Was on vacation last week so this week has been hell. Went to the Hershey PA flea market/car show. Don't know if anyone has heard of this show, but it was awesome. Acres and acres of antique cars (25 years and older) and just about any part you might need for one). Since I had a SAP spoiler to pickup in Gettysburg that I got on Ebay I went to get it the week of the car show.

Been looking at the posts for the last 2-3 weeks and looks like we never will gtg unless we go to Florida? LOL. I'd love to do that because it would be a great trip and I could finally meet our thread starter, but I just couldn't get away from work anytime soon.

Anyway, anyone have any idea's on the next gtg? It appears we may meet some new GOAT owners!!

#455 ·
For me the next two weekends are full, one working on the goat the other road trip! We need to plan on a gtg for Nov. before thanksgiving. Any ideas when?

#457 ·
I just finished my suspension this week. New struts new springs , new shocks and new brakes.

#462 ·
Knock, Knock. Whos there? Eric. Eric who? Eric's back in Alabama On Thursday.

#464 ·
Glad to hear it I guess you found a place.

#466 ·
Hey fellas, I'm going to be looking to get dyno tuned in a few weeks after doing some work to stickers. Is there anyone in Huntsville that does good LS1 dyno tuning? I just called track masters, and they said a guy named Steve does the tuning for them when needed. Thanks.

#467 ·
buzzman would be the resident expert on dyno tuning around here . just pm him about it . he can point you in the right direction.

#469 ·
Hey stickers, you have a predator? If so pm me and I can tune it for you. Ask Jray we got his tuned and is happy with the running of his car.

#470 ·
very:)

#471 ·
I've got an old one, and need to send it back to diablosport to be upgraded. i can't set the injector slope or anything right now.

#472 ·
well I will be there in a couple of days, if you ever decide to do that let me know.
Speaking of which, car is almost packed and is gased up, ready to go.

#473 ·
No truck and trailer this time? Surely u didn't get everything in the car.

#475 ·
Looks like its time for cat valium and a road trip.

#476 ·
You bet J. Just a few more things to put in the back seat tonight and then be out of here by 6AM. I should be there around 3/4 oclock.

#482 ·
Hey fellas. Thinkin about sellin my GTO and i bought a GMM street alittle back and never installed it. Anyone interesteted in say $250 or so? I live in cullman and can drive to huntsville to meet you. Still NIB and everything. Can get pics if you want. Also have LSS with black ball knob ill throw in for $60 again, never installed

#485 ·
buzzman, that sounds cool. it will be a few more weeks, i have to order everything for the upgrade next week after my house in va closes.
do you work at sanmina, buzz? your car looks familiar.

#488 ·
Don't work there, I live about a mile from there.

#486 ·
Erics back:stickpoke

#487 ·
Glad to hear he made it back!:judge:

#489 ·
YES YES Im back. Wife and pain in the ass step daughter and I are moving to a new Apt in Madison on the 9th of Nov.
Oh on a side note Im looking at MAYBE geting an 04 goat auto4. Wish me luck.

#493 ·
Time to edit the sig. again your back already.:p

#490 ·
Hey I just found this post. Read some of it, but not all of it. I'm in Nashville, do you goes do any kind of meeting with TN & AL. ??

tas

#492 ·
We need to plan another GTG soon before it gets really cold. Any ideas from anyone?

#491 ·
ok, buzzman. there was someone with a purple gto at sanmina when i worked there. one afternoon when i left work, he left at the same time. he wanted to play around, but my gas gauge had been on E since hampton cove that morning, and i was on fumes practically. plus, he had these little 402 emblems on it...

#496 ·
I would be up for a meet at a dragstrip that would be cool. Brainerd Optimist in, Chattanooga TN is open on sundays. They really dont have a tech so everybody can run. Helment for faster than 8.50 in the 1/8 is really the only requirement.

#498 ·
LMAO! Your car rocks, dude! I'd like to go FI, but I'm going to just keep it mild with heads/cam for now. I'm going to go with a set of 243 heads, and I've been looking at the 02Z06 cam. It has good specs, and is affordable. My house in Va Beach closes today, so once I get my part of that I'll be ordering a few mods. Woohoo! Then we can run. I'll make sure I have gas, too!!!

#499 ·
The local tuner here is really good and may be able to get more for your money. I am really pleased with his work and ability to undercut most sales. He just did a heads/cam GTO from Mississippi 2 weeks ago and finished a LS2 swap into a 350Z this past thursday.

#500 ·
I'm up for a trip to the hsv track. I just live down the road from the track. My daughter has been trying to get me to go again. She has the racing bug. Wants me to race everything on the road! And she turns 16 next year. I better buy her a slooooooow car!

#501 ·
Just ground her till shes 40:gr_devil:

#502 · (Edited)
(quote)I will be out of town from this friday til next friday, hope to be back in time for friday's test n tune at the HSV track. If not, the track is open on sunday at noon.(quote)

Give a shout out to us next week sometime and let us know if you are gonna make it back in time for test n tune. I would like to try and go.

#503 · (Edited)
I heard through the grape vine that there is a new GTO owner around these parts.:stickpoke I knew the powers of the darkside couldn't keep him down.:gears:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.