LS1GTO Forums banner

North Alabama/South Tenn. Goat Owners!!!!!

602K views 19K replies 174 participants last post by  Cbchs5744 
#1 ·
OK, Since there dosnt seem to be a thread or place for us people who live in North AL (Huntsville) area to swap info or mabe set up a meet, Ill start one. I know I have seen a few other GTO's in the Huntsville area, but dont know if they are on the forum. If there is anyone else out there in the North AL or South TENN. area apply a post and lets see if we can get this thread going.

#46 ·
While I do appreciate the thoughtfulness of waiting on me. Please don't wait on Dw2. I will catch up when I can. Saturday the 7th will be extremely busy for me because, hopefully, the moving van will have delivered our stuff. And, I will be leaving from Florida probably on the afternoon of the 6th and driving for a long time. We might have to caravan three cars from East Central Florida to North Alabama. All of this moving stuff is really iffy at this time. My wife and I really want to meet up with you all(all of you) and very soon. This coming weekend we want to meet up with GoatCruiser and the Orlando gang one more time on Sunday afternoon. I will try to check in everynight until next weekend and that is when the movers are suppose to take all of our stuff so I might be out of pocket for awhile.

#48 ·
Madison would be good. Kinda centraly located. I know there is one up here by me, but that is kinda far for some I would think.
Hey Blue who's did you order? I just got my pedders stuff today, might put some of it on this weekend, but I deff. want get my wideband and aeroforce gauge installed this weekend. SO if time allows I will then work on the suspension.

#49 ·
Ordered Pedders gsr struts and shocks along with pedders 0" springs and strut mounts and bearings. Madision sounds like the best choice, as we have people wanting to come from Rainsville and Cullman, Madision would be about the same distiance for the ones farthest away.

#50 ·
Madison is fine with me also. The only thing is that I have no clue where Sonic is at in Madison since I rarely go there. Directions? Hey since we are doing like a cruise in thing is there gonna be any actual cruising going on? I think it would be cool to see a long line of Goats running up and down the road.:gears:

#52 ·
There are two Sonic's in Madison, one on hwy 72, the other on Wall Triana/ Sullivan rd. The one on Wall Triana would probably be the best,more centraly locateed. Directions to sonic on wall triana are, from Decatur, I 65 area, go east onI 565 to the Wall Triana exit turn left and go across the interstate and go streight through the light at madison blvd, Sonic will be a few blocks north of the intersection. From Huntsville area, go west on I565 to Wall Triana exit go north and go through the light at madison blvd Sonic will be a few blocks north of light.

#53 ·
Ok the location sounds good to me (on Triana & Madison Blvd ?) accross from O'Reilys auto parts? Now when? And as far as a cruise Im up for it, need to figure out to where?

#54 ·
That's the one! As far as to when? I say stick with the July 7th date, that way everone will have time to get their Goats fixed that need repairs and allow time for everyone to plan on attending!

#59 ·
There is a cruise in tonight at the Sonic in Rainsville , AL 6-9 pm if anyone wants to come. I'll be there.

#61 ·
7 miles west of Fort Payne , 20 miles east of Scottsboro

#63 ·
Ill be there. Once again Sonic in Madison right? Time?

#64 ·
I say about 6pm. Thatway we can eat, talk and maybe cruise around.

#66 ·
Also this saturday the 30th there is a car show and cruise in at James BBQ in Geraldine . Its about 15-20 miles north of Albertville on HWY 75. I will have to check on the time.

#70 ·
Let me just say there is nothing in Rainsville to see or any where to cruise. I would suggest Scottsboro or if everyone wanted to get together in Fort Payne for a ride thru Desoto state park and little river canyon I could be the guide.:drink:

#74 ·
COOL Im glad to see that people are interested in this, Im good for every other weekend. We ( wife and I) have my stepson every other weekend, so we try to find things to and places to go with him when we have him. So unless he wants to go to a meet, I will attend them on every other one.

#75 ·
Yeah other than the 2 mile strip people just sit in parkin lots and talk. Theres not any scenical places to ride around lol. And now that i remember, about a month or 2 ago i was comin home from warrior and i ended up riding down the interstate beside a PBM with a SAP rear fascia going 110 mph heading towards huntsville. Wasnt any of you was it?

#76 ·
Car show / cruise-in at James BBQ in Geraldine is from 6pm-9pm saturday June 30th.

#77 ·
This weekend I will be at the Huntsville speedway again, watchin some racing. And then Tuesday I am going to the drag strip, they are having jet cars and others out there.

#78 ·
I've noticed more and more GTOs around huntsville lately. I usually spot one just about every day. A lot of 04's. It looks like the used car dealers are getting a bunch of them. I saw a 06 BOM with SAP grilles today on Redstone/MSFC, that was a first. Anyone here?

#80 ·
I just saw a silver 05+ going north on research peak on Wed. as I was going south to work. Anybody?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.