LS1GTO Forums banner

Single Turbo Kits

21K views 100 replies 43 participants last post by  chawlz 
#1 ·
How many people would buy single hotside kits. Looking to start building a bunch of kits if the demand is there. Everything will be mild steel, can be powder coated high temp. What would everyone want passenger side for more room or driver side. I know t6 turbos are alot cheaper compared to t4.

What is everyone's thoughts.

#5 ·
Id love to go FI. Any idea on a ballpark price?

#14 ·
id be interested especially if it avoids cutting big holes in the sheet metal for the cold side.

its the only thing that has kept me from buying a CX twin kit, i dont want to have to hack up my car. the crash bar i could care lesss about, but cutting the under battery tray and under airbox area is something id prefer to avoid.

#16 ·
Our plan for the design is going to be bolt on as much as possible without cutting stuff up.

I'd definitely be interested in a single setup on the passenger side and the abs relocate. I've been wanting this for a while but don't have the skills to fab it up myself.
Going to start fabbing everything soon. Would.like to start having kits go out Feb-march. Got a few ideas for abs relocation

#20 · (Edited)
I will.put you down for a kit.

Don't forget about the 04 guys. Lol. Would a stainless option be available for hotside?
Going to start off doing mild steel, then work on a full stainless setup. I dont have a 04 to work with but I can do some research and see what I can do.

#21 ·
I've had no intention on going turbo but you definitely have my interest lol

#27 ·
Turbo is alot of fun.

Definitely interested if you can keep AC and fits an 04
As I have been reading it should work for the 04 guys maybe relocation of a few things.

I have custom rear mount, would consider the switch if I like how it turns out and price.
I think you would enjoy front mount alot more.

This is awesome. My cars been down with a blown motor for over a year and I have been considering a 5.3 front mount build as a less expensive option.

If you could supply a kit or even just the hotside piping that would bolt up with minimal modifications to an 04, preferably driver side (don't really want to relocate abs) and allow me to keep a/c, I would totally be on board. Hopefully by the time you release this I will have the money for my build lol.

This sounds like a great idea though and if the price point is right, I think you will do well. Do want
I know the design will start with the passenger side. Right now I'm driver side and there is no room for anything. Plan on making a simple relocation process.

id be in for one.

I will keep you posted.

i have no issue relocating my ECU or the coolant jug which are the two biggest differences in the 04 and 05/06 aside from the ABS/cruise box.
On the ECU thinking of a nice relocation bracket of some sort. Maybe a nice step by step for everyone.

im interested
I will keep you posted.

#24 ·
This is awesome. My cars been down with a blown motor for over a year and I have been considering a 5.3 front mount build as a less expensive option.

If you could supply a kit or even just the hotside piping that would bolt up with minimal modifications to an 04, preferably driver side (don't really want to relocate abs) and allow me to keep a/c, I would totally be on board. Hopefully by the time you release this I will have the money for my build lol.

This sounds like a great idea though and if the price point is right, I think you will do well. Do want

#41 ·
Plan is to make it the nicest front mount setup for a reasonable price.

I guess I didn't specify enough. I want to stay under the power limits of the stock block and rotating assembly. Maybe with a small cam. I do have a set of LS3 heads and a complete take-off crate engine manifold(new).
Running ls3 heads and the right cam you would be 600+ all day long. Kit will be able to handle more than 1k+ power.

That is never coming spoke with them awhile ago.

That kit actually still crosses my mind. I'd like to know what the ceiling might have been for that kit in terms of power production and if it still might be something he'd want to work on. I feel that that ship has probably sailed overall. It has been almost 4 years since anything was added to the thread...
That one died

I'd be interested in one. Losing AC is by no means a deal breaker for me.
I will keep you down, keeping a/c only. You will still be able to remove if you wanted.

I am highly interested single or twin, but keep ac
It will keep a/c and single kits will be first and plans for twins in the future.

Design it around a 78/75 TC turbo (or precision will fit in there). I'd say stick with driver's side. Front cross over that routes around the AC and then you save the B/S associated with a battery relocate. Single 3" or 3.5" if you can fit DP down to factory mid pipes. Design around a cheapie ebay intercooler that most have decent luck with.

I'd say keep it simple. Nobody is going to want a complete kit in my opinion. Stick to just hot and/or cold piping. Hell, even take a bunch of truck manifolds, weld on v-bands, add a few pieces of cross-over and merge pipes and sell those as a tuner kit. That'll take 90% of the fab work out of the equation and let others pic and choose their options.

Kits have come and gone. By now, those that want them have bought or built them so the market is limited.

Think beyond the GTO market though. If you take a bunch of truck manifolds and weld v-bands to them, GTO guys need them, Corvette guys, Camaro guys, G8 guys, etc. That's what I'd do.
You def hit the nail right on the head. Space on these cars is horrible. Prolly going to make all the kits passenger side mount so battery will def have to disappear to the trunk. I have debated on doing the leg work and maybe putting together a nice battery relocation setup. Actually have a g8, 5th gen camaro, z06 better I can get my hands on. Def running alot of ideas, looking to get a big shop for more production.

#36 · (Edited)
That kit actually still crosses my mind. I'd like to know what the ceiling might have been for that kit in terms of power production and if it still might be something he'd want to work on. I feel that that ship has probably sailed overall. It has been almost 4 years since anything was added to the thread...

#40 · (Edited)
Design it around a 78/75 TC turbo (or precision will fit in there). I'd say stick with driver's side. Front cross over that routes around the AC and then you save the B/S associated with a battery relocate. Single 3" or 3.5" if you can fit DP down to factory mid pipes. Design around a cheapie ebay intercooler that most have decent luck with.

I'd say keep it simple. Nobody is going to want a complete kit in my opinion. Stick to just hot and/or cold piping. Hell, even take a bunch of truck manifolds, weld on v-bands, add a few pieces of cross-over and merge pipes and sell those as a tuner kit. That'll take 90% of the fab work out of the equation and let others pic and choose their options.

Kits have come and gone. By now, those that want them have bought or built them so the market is limited.

Think beyond the GTO market though. If you take a bunch of truck manifolds and weld v-bands to them, GTO guys need them, Corvette guys, Camaro guys, G8 guys, etc. That's what I'd do.

#49 ·
Plan is get the kit done and start with other things.

I would definitely be interested in a kit that keeps the ac
A/c is staying

when can we expect it to be available?
Planning to have the kit built on my car April or May.

Subscribing
Got you down

Just trollin' around....
Are you looking for another kit

Subscribing for the hell of it, for entertainment purposes if nothing else.
Entertainment is always a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.