LS1GTO Forums banner

My little blower build

18K views 95 replies 36 participants last post by  PIYF 
#1 · (Edited)
I am having a custom Novi 2500 installed on my car. Hope to have more pictures soon. Here is a little sneak peak.

See less See more
#36 ·
Just curious, why you went with aftermarket engine management?

I mean, the stock seems to be somewhat limited, but I thought it was "good enough?"

#37 · (Edited)
Aftermarket ECM's have more straightforward mixture control. No flakey PE needed.

#38 ·
Mistermike is correct. Also with the haltech I can put safeties into it like knock loss of oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, exhaust temp, and so on. So if any goes out of range it shuts the motor down and records everything. Plus there is also a built in 2-step and wastegate control.

#39 ·
I want a controller that knows if the beer in the back seat cooler is too warm, and automatically directs the car to the nearest store for some ice.

#40 ·
That is going to be alittle quicker than the Maggie setup. :lol:

#41 ·
Without a doubt. I wont even be anywhere near maxing this blower out like I was with the maggie. I can't complain tho the maggie did get me a PB of 10.47, but it was time it was holding the motor back.

#42 ·
Awesome build! What radiator is that? It looks to be shorter?

#47 ·
It is custom. It is shorter and narrower than stock.

how much weight did you save on removing the rad support/tie bar and using that sweet little brace?
Not sure how much weight it is going to save. I know with the old Maggie setup with me in the car it weighted 3790. I have put a couple pounds on since I last weighted it in 09.
Did you sell your Maggie already? I am sure it would find a good owner & help send you into the low 9s. I can't wait to see how this setup runs. You sure did get the most out of that little 112HH.
The Maggie is not sold yet. I am tossing the idea around of seeing how much work it would be to throw it on my truck. If not it will be up for sale with my old 8 rib overdrive crank pulley and a couple other things . The rest of the8 rib kit has already found a new home.

#43 ·
how much weight did you save on removing the rad support/tie bar and using that sweet little brace?

#44 ·
For the record,I'm totally jealous...

#48 · (Edited)
I stopped in at east coast supercharging last Friday to see how the car was coming along. I found that the blower only clears the hood if we remove one of the vents. I am going to order some lower motor mounts to see if it clears. If not I may have my solid ultra mounts machined down. Other then that I should be on the dyno end of this week.

#50 ·
Any updates?

#51 · (Edited)
I was scheduled for a track rental yesterday with the car to do final tuning but becasue of weather it was canceled. I am waiting for East Coast Supercharging to post up more pictures and they are putting a video together that will be going on theirs and Haltech's websites. I don't have any dyno numbers but the guys at the shop have been making bets on what they think it will run. The times range from 9.50 to 8.80's. Doug their tuner and co-owner who did the design work thinks it will go 8.80's with good track prep and some seat time. They built a similar setup with a smaller blower, and smaller cubic inches with a less efficient intercooler on another GTO that went 8.99. This setup has gone 8.40's in a C5. ECS has had a lot of interest in the car and have had a couple people ask if they would do another one.

#55 ·
So what your saying is traction permitting,possible low 8's high 7's GTO ?

#52 ·
It sure does sound like it will be a beast. It is tempting to give that type of setup a shot, but I just dropped a ton of money on a new short block that's waiting to be installed there. I want to see if this combo with the TVS 2300 makes me happy enough not to want to change blowers. Plus, my car is still a fully loaded street car and won't see that much track time to warrant those kind of times. (I say this now, but...)

#53 ·
This setup is not street friendly. There is no power steering and my setup will not have and air filter. Also the grill scoops on the hood had to be modified to fit the blower. For what you want the 2300 is the way to go.

#60 ·
It is a Meziere not sure what the part number is but it is a race model that doesn't have outlets to go to the heater box.
Did you sell the Overdrive crank pulley yet?
I still haven't sould the blower but there are 2 people interested in it and I still have the 8 rib crank pulley.

#59 ·
Did you sell the Overdrive crank pulley yet?

#65 ·
Good lord! Awesome! I didn't know their dyno had a limit. Guess you found it.

#67 ·
Gonna be fun getting that monster down the track. HUGE Fun! I can't imagine that kind of power. Hope to see some shakedowns soon, please.

#68 ·
I'm assuming since you have GForce in your sig that it's still IRS?

#74 ·
I brought the car home today and only took it around the block and it is ridiculous. I took a crappy video with my phone while snapping the throttle. I will post it if people want. You can hear how loud the bov is. Hopefully I will get some good idle videos tomorrow.

#75 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.