LS1GTO Forums banner

Spun a bearing - Swapping in an LS2-

21K views 376 replies 35 participants last post by  posenheimer 
#1 ·
Well, lastnight on my way home it appears i spit out the seal on the oil filter and puked out my oil. Parked it, still unaware. Started it to go to subway and didnt seam to want to turn over very well. Thought it was acting a little funny so i blipped the throttle a touch and heard a faint kbock so i killed it and pulled the dipstick. There was a one flake of bearing on the tip and No oil. So i was like wtf! I just checked it this morning!! Looked under it and sure enough the whole enderside is coated. Never smelled any oil , no lightsas a warning. Nothing.

I picked up a 60,000 LS2 out of an 05, with arp rod bolts for $900. Picking it up sunday,

I know im going to need the reluctor wheel converter box, and the wiring is different. What all will i need and what are the best places to find it? I have been searching all morning and found alot of questions, but really no answers. Plus it sucks from my Galaxy Ace :(

#249 ·
Nice. I definitely want to get coilovers in the rear at some point.

Did you use the G-Force kit?

#251 ·
No I used a 12" Spring version of QA1 Kit. They need there own upper mounting bracket made.

This is all on your custom SRA as well??
Unfortunatley no, I had to postpone that project. All the fab work in done, I just need the centersect/gears/posi/axles

#253 ·
Your welcome!

#254 ·
Yes thank you !!! I appreciate your help! Im still having a problem with it but im working around it. After a tune is uploaded it keeps failing again if you try another, then I have to unplug the batt and let it sit. Sucks :/

#255 ·
Mechanically the engine is great, had some bad injector info I had to redo last night for my #42 injectors. Carrying 45lbs of oil pressure at idle, came up to temp and sat at 205* etc. Im on my 3rd oil change, and will be able to get a vid/ drive it when my diff gets here!

#256 ·
So what's your break in procedure going to be? Baby it, or drive it hard?

#258 ·
I like what I see. It's making me think about all the possibilities I'll have when it's time for a new engine in mine... Which may be sooner than I expect. I'm about to hit 81K miles on a stock oil pump. I get the feeling that it's gonna be a time bomb if I don't get a cam (and new oil pump while I'm in there) within a certain amount of time... But hey, if it blows, I think I'll just get a cast iron 408, slap a power adder in, and boost it to the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#259 ·
Chris,

Is the battery fully charged??? Check the Grounds as well.

#260 ·
Yessir battery is fully charged and has the Charger on it. Front ground on the passenger head is good, main ground on the A/C compressor bolt is secure, ground on the rear of driver head is good aswell. It hasn't done it to me yet today, so wish me luck.

#262 ·
Ya so I feel like a full blown raTARD. I spent the last three hours trying to tune in the idle. Car went from pich rich 10.0 AFR to lik 18.0 and I could not for the life of me get it even remotely close to 14.5 ish. Spent HOURS trying to get it there, every change I seamed to make mad 0 difference and then bam it would be dumping horrid exhaust fumes, or barley run because it was so lean. WTF!!! Well, turns out open headers+wideband/02`s about 2" away from the end of the open collector = Im an idiot. SMH

#263 ·
Yeeeaaaah....need piping after the sensors.

#264 ·
Yup, I was starting to think I had an Injector hanging or vaccume leak etc. Ugggghhhh.....

#265 ·
Need at least 18" of pipe behind the o2 sensor..

#269 ·
Ya ill be putting atleast the mid pips and the H pipe on before I try again...

That's almost as bad as the one time I got my friend to try start his car... With no spark plugs/wires, intake, or exhaust piping

Lol that's hilarious!

No it's not.
Pretty sure he wins

Lol, I cannot believe I did not think of it sooner, Sorry again Chris.
Haha np im just glad we figured it out. I was starting to get a little angry at my car.....

#266 ·
That's almost as bad as the one time I got my friend to try start his car... With no spark plugs/wires, intake, or exhaust piping

#267 ·
No it's not.

#268 ·
Lol, I cannot believe I did not think of it sooner, Sorry again Chris.

#271 ·
Running great - Little preview :)

Note* Ignore all the trash, the damn ridiculous wind blew over my full barrel

#273 ·
Yes im a very happy guy right now :) Should be able to drive it on Wednesday!!!

#274 ·
sounds good, hope it runs as good as it sounds.

#275 ·
ya me to man, I cant believe the throttle response. I appreciate the time you spent on the phone with me the other night helping me diagnose shit lol.

#276 ·
Nice! I bet she's snappy, haha. I also bet those heads are flowing very nicely

#277 ·
Ya im sure they are! Im itching to get here out and stretch her legs! I got the tune tidy`d up today :)

#278 ·
Diff Is here witht he nice Poly insert :) Thanks Posenheimer!!!!! I appreciate it buddy! Giant hole in the side of the box and all!!

#280 ·
Slap the diff in and drive it! Ill be driving it tonight :) Gotta pick up fluid and such and then slap it in, bolt up the drive shaft and go drive!!! Cant wait, Hopefully my new adjustable koni fronts will be here before the weekend!

#281 ·
I wish I could drive mine. The biggest setback for me is that the car is in Delaware and I am not, so I have to work on it on the weekends. No coming home and wrenching on it after work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.