LS1GTO Forums banner

Pepper's new build begins...

29K views 348 replies 30 participants last post by  peeps 
#1 ·
...gotta get a workspace first, right?

Went to get it from SNL today. This will be storage for the car for a while (FILs spare bay). Will pull the engine and take it over to my place for teardown and rebuild in Pepper's bay in my garage.

If you didn't see the lifter in my other thread, here it is with an undamaged lifter...

This is what the lobe on the cam looked like...

Will post up details of the build as I get them all figured out, but preliminary short block plan is to see if the damaged lifter bore can be sleeved and add forged rods and pistons with the stock crank (turned down as and if required) after cleaning up the block.

Still working out the top end but thinking stock heads for now and opening up the air intake and intake manifold. Thinking FTI for the cam...something that will work well enough with the stock heads but really be maximized once I go to better heads down the road....if that is possible. Need to talk with Ed Curtis and see.

See less See more
#319 ·
can you plan some houston events as well since manny is a slacker?

#331 ·
She's all tuned!

405 / 385. I bit lower than I hoped and what I had before but the cam is a bit smaller than the Vx I had before. Drivability is great! No surging even as low at 1100 rpm.

Now I gotta get her all cleaned up, inspected, and AC charged up!
Do you think it gain a bit more HP after you put a few more thousand miles on her?

#336 ·
upside down everytime for me. 8 years running its worked everytime.

#342 ·
I had some leftover stuff from my build that I am selling. I posted it up on the TX GTO page on FB. If I don't get any interest over there in the next week or so, I'll retake the pics with ID cards and get it posted over here for the non-FB folks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TX.GTO/

Used valve springs
FRCs
Radiator cover
Pre-stretched ARP Main studs :D
4" MAF tube, card MAF, and LS2-LS3 MAF pigtail

#348 ·
Awesome Peeps!

No drinks in Gina.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.