HeadlightArmor Smoked & Tinted Headlight, Fog Light & Taillight Covers - from $17.95! - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > For Sale > Sponsor's Sales and Group Purchases

Old 08-31-2006, 03:27 AM   #1
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Cool HeadlightArmor Smoked & Tinted Headlight, Fog Light & Taillight Covers - from $17.95!

Hello from the folks at HeadlightArmor.com! We are a brand new LS1GTO / LS2GTO Sponsor, but not entirely new to the GTO. We are a direct manufacturer of high quality lighting protection and dress up kits. Smoking your taillights and adding color to your headlights is wildly popular these days and we would like to think we have helped that trend along by supplying a number of well know vendors servicing other makes. We will strive to directly provide the GTO Community with the highest quality kits, first-rate customer service and of course highly competitive prices!

With this increase in popularity the market has seen a number of new players. Most offer kits made from 2-3mil sign vinyl of varying grades - brand names Oracal, Avery, Imation, and others. Sign vinyl is great for signs, but for protecting your headlights, not the greatest solution. Transparent sign vinyl - (designed for the use in illuminated signs) - is designed to be applied to the INSIDE of the sign and thus protected from the elements. They are not designed to offer the substrate (the sign or your headlight) much of anything in terms of impact protection. Additionally, some of the other materials being used are ‘seven year vinyl’ when used with an UV over-laminate (which of course is not used in the kits we tested). Why is it being used? Cost

As most headlights these days are made from a tough polycarbonate you may wonder if protecting them is really necessary. Polycarbonate is quite resistant to shattering it is very susceptible to pitting. Left unprotected it will slowly turn to a milky opaque sea glass texture. Think of all the older vehicles you see in the parking lots with headlights that look frosted… Adding a tough layer of protection will keep your headlights looking fresh and save money in the long run!
We use a tough high performance adhesive backed vinyl that is designed to protect the lens first and foremost. Our clear /colored / tinted line is manufactured from 20ml thick material for maximum protection and a long service life. Granted we are not talking about magic deflector shields and if you hit something big enough, going fast enough you run the risk of putting a hole in your headlight – no matter what you have covering it!

The application is pretty straightforward – we have some tutorials on our site and we will be adding more in the near future! HERE is the DIY Tutorial for our Headlight Protection Kit. The tutorial shows the application of our HID Blue kit, and the same process is used on all the other colors as well as the clear. There is no need to remove the lights from the vehicle (that actually makes is harder) and post install you can drive the vehicle right away. We just as that you not wash the vehicle for 3 days.

Please take a look at our site, www.headlightarmor.com and feel free to ask us any questions you may have! We have a FAQ section HERE and a page on some tint testing we did HERE. We look forward to serving you!

Greg

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-28-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: fixed broken links
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 06:52 AM   #2
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

And because we know a few photos are were its at here is the eye-candy!

All of our kits can be pretty hard to photograph once they are installed. Depending on the lighting conditions, vehicle color and tint if any in the covers, and the combination of our camera and your monitor settings each photo can look slightly different – even on the same car. Here is what the 04-05 GTO looks like – Standard Smoke Taillights. (If you are looking for a darker look we also have Dark Stealth Smoke - photos on a GTO to follow)

For the headlights the most popular offering is our HID Blue, which actually makes the headlights look whiter! (we should have night shots up shortly of all the headlights).

We also have a Classic Clear

A GT Racing Yellow

And Smoke

HERE is the step by step DIY Tutorial for the headlights. We are working on the DIY Tutorial for the tails and will update once it is loaded.

Greg

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-28-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: fixed some broken links
Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Five Years + Later, I know.

We have all worked very hard and are happy to say that despite every rising costs we have been able to keep pricing stable! Not sure how long we con hold out, but we do what we can to keep the prices stable.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Artoo
spinning aint winning

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Artoo Send a message via Yahoo to Artoo
i have a set of these tails on my 04... love em! need to do the 06 soon. bump for a great product
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Great to hear! Glad you love em!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Post Planned Headlight Armor Site Down Time This Evening

We are going to be doing a site upgrade to the shopping cart software this evening from 12:00am ET through 3:00am ET. During the update, you may experience a minimal amount of downtime. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Post NEW INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY SHIPPING OPTION!

NEW INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY SHIPPING OPTION!
We are happy to announce the addition of Flat Rate International Economy Shipping as an option with most Headlight Armor orders. Select this shipping method when checking out and you will save some money and receive your order in 10-14 business. Your order will be shipped insured, but a tracking number will not be available. Choose Priority or Express for all time sensitive orders.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
madmax 06

2006 GTO Owner

Have the HID blues on my G8. Love em!

2006 BOM M6
ARH LT's, with ARH catted mids
Magnaflow catback w/custom cutouts
SS carbon fiber intake
Brake Motive drilled/slotted rotors
Kenwood DDX8017 head unit
Mav Man Carbon Fiber rear spoiler
JB Billet catch can
Custom stainless catch can lines by 2qwk4ru
Spencer's flat splitter and APR support rods
Hurst Sport shifter
Megan Racing springs 1.0-.08
AZA Z09 8.0-8.5
BFG KDW2's
Tuned by Borla GTO
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax 06...View Post
Have the HID blues on my G8. Love em!

Great to hear you love them!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #10
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Holiday Hours: Next week our production will be closed Wednesday - Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday. Orders received while production is closed will ship Monday the 28th -Wednesday the 30th.

We will be available via PM or email during the Holiday weekend if you have any questions about the products.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
Nite_Hawk

Do you have smoke cover for the front side markers?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

We don't have an application for the side markers. I know some ls1gto members have done some custom fitting of the fog light kit to the front bumper reflectors - some with good results, some couldn't make it work to their liking. We looked at offering an application for them but given the domed shape of the lens were not happy with how they would need to work.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! Hope everybody is enjoying a relaxing day!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Crimsongtp
GTP Turned GTO

2004 GTO Owner

any cyber monday deals!?!?!

2004 LS1 A4-

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech, Pacesetter LTs, Tuned By Rian

Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, WCS Splitter, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint, Satin Black painted 17's

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low,Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman

Every time I grab a fistful of throttle in my GTO, I suck up an assful of seat leather- Doric
Old 11-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
smally
Premium Member

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

hid blue for my side markers

will you make me 2 pcs in hid blue for my clear side marker lights so the will match my headlights and fog lights?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #16
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Replied to your earlier PM. We do not have a side marker kit available.

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 03-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
1QWIK7

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to 1QWIK7
Any pics of the lighting in the dark?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

We have night time headlight protection kit testing photos on the site here and night smoked taillight kit testing photos on the site here
Old 12-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #19
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Post Installing HeadlightArmor Lighting Protection Kits in the Cold

In the 30's and raining this weekend in Texas, so I thought I would revisit a few items for those of you doing lighting protection kit installs when it is cool / cold out. While the material is easier to use when it is warmer out you can do a successful install when it is cold out. For best results, install them when you get them, don't wait months before installing.

In a garage is really a good idea, as well as a space heater if possible if it is snowing out . Enlist the assistance of a friend and it will go quicker. You need to keep the film warm - using a hair dryer - an industrial heat gun is not necessary though you can use one on low if careful. Have the friend keep the film warm while you are applying and squeegeeing. Especially the case when compressing fingers along the perimeter of the kits.

Wrapping the squeegee with a suede detail towel will help too. As the material is going to be stiffer in the cold, just like you, you need to use more pressure on the squeegee. Hot water in you spray bottle is a good idea too. When done with your install be sure to go over the perimeter for a few minutes with the hair dryer to make sure the edges are full sealed. Any material hanging off should be trimmed flush.

Good luck with your installs and let us know if you have any questions about the above pointers.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
kebler2005
Registered Asshole

2005 GTO Owner

And Smoke

That car looks familiar
Pedders, Harrop, Forgestar's, Westcoast Speed, Mav Man, Hoen, Hinson, Russel, DBA, Mishimoto, Hawk, DMH, bohnman, illegal tint, disturbing to a quiet society, parts from Ausi land, more crap no one cares about
1/516 05' QSM M6 381whp 387wtq RiDe oR DiE

2010 Nissan Xterra OR 4x4 M6 ZARV Edition 3" lift & Mickey Thompson Baja Claw MTZ's
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #21
ViperT4
Registered Sexist Offender

2004 GTO Owner

I have the GT yellow covers on my fogs only, have received numerous compliments on them.

See sig-

Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
Nytehawk

2004 GTO Owner

And somehow the ones I wanted to buy for my father's Sienna are $70. So much for that idea.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #23
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebler2005...View Post
And Smoke

That car looks familiar

Hmm, yes, yes it does! Nice ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperT4...View Post
I have the GT yellow covers on my fogs only, have received numerous compliments on them.

See sig-

Looks great, yellow on red is a good combination!

If anybody would like to have a shot of their car added to the site, please send them to photos @ headlightarmor.com would love to see more finished projects! Hope everybody is having a great weekend. in the 30's and raining in TX... not a fan but we are in desperate need of rain so hard to complain!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 AM   #24
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Post Holiday Shipping Cut-off's from HeadlightArmor

We have had a few emails this week about how late you can place an order and still get the order before Christmas.

International Orders - Last day to place order by 2PM Central US Time:
  • Economy Shipping - Sunday December 11th
  • Express Mail - Friday December 16th

Domestic Orders - Last day to place order by 2PM Central US Time:
  • Economy Shipping - Friday December 16th
  • Priority Mail - Tuesday December 20th
  • Express Mail - Thursday December 22nd
Old 12-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Post International Economy Shipping Cut Off

For all our international customers today Sunday December 11th is likely the last day to get your order in with us for delivery before Christmas. Delivery times will vary, so best to get your order in early. Economy international orders are insured, but tracking will not be available.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #26
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

For all the last minute shoppers out there, the clock is ticking. You might be able to get your order delivered by the 24th if you order by noon on the 20th and select Priority Mail, but if the order is time critical, Express Mail is the only way that USPS Guarantees delivery by the 24th. All Express orders must be in by 2PM on the 22nd.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #27
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Merry Christmas from Headlight Armor! After a week of long nights and early days we are happy to report all ordered received by 4:30 12/23/2011 shipped before the Christmas break! Hope everybody has a great holiday weekend! Holiday weekend orders will begin shipping on Tuesday as Monday is a postal holiday.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #28
InfiniteReality

2005 GTO Owner

I'm running your light smoke on my headlights, fogs and tail lights for past year and love the look and has held up very well. I just ordered the wife a 2012 GMC Terrain in mocha and on the optional 19's and definitely would like to put the light smoke it too. I saw on your website you carry them for the headlights, but not the tail lights. Do you have any plans on getting them?

2010 Oxford White Ford Raptor 6.2L All Options, 2013 Black Headlights w/ 55w 4300K HIDs, 20" Black MB TKO Wheels, Body Color Handles, 100% LED Conversion, HornBlasters 240
2009 Charcoal/Silver Hayabusa Widened Stock Wheel, Zero Chrome, Stretched, Low & Fast
2006 Orange/Carbon Fiber Honda CRF50Z Street Legal, Kitaco Z50 Wheels, 120/70R10 Tires, 125cc Engine
Old 12-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #29
HeadlightArmor
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

Thanks, glad you like the GTO Kits! We currently have just the Headlight Protection kit for the Terrain. Not sure what the plans are for the Terrain but will see if they can be looked at when the weather permits.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
InfiniteReality

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor...View Post
Thanks, glad you like the GTO Kits! We currently have just the Headlight Protection kit for the Terrain. Not sure what the plans are for the Terrain but will see if they can be looked at when the weather permits.

Ill definitely be ordering the headlight covers. Do you sell just sheets of the light smoke where I could cut my own for the tails?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: