North Alabama/South Tenn. Goat Owners!!!!! - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > South East

Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

North Alabama/South Tenn. Goat Owners!!!!!

OK, Since there dosnt seem to be a thread or place for us people who live in North AL (Huntsville) area to swap info or mabe set up a meet, Ill start one. I know I have seen a few other GTO's in the Huntsville area, but dont know if they are on the forum. If there is anyone else out there in the North AL or South TENN. area apply a post and lets see if we can get this thread going.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Comon now there has got to be others out there???
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
06 Blue Devil
Dragon Slayer

2006 GTO Owner

There are 4 or 5 goats in n. Al. that are on the board, that I know about. Need to plan a gettoghter for the n. Al. gang, as most of them have been going with the Birmingham gang.
06 Impulse Blue, Blue, 6Sp, 18" JHP gauges, SAP grilles, SAP Ft. Bumper, SAP Rockers, Kooks SS headers, O/R mids, Corsa Sport Exhaust, DSS driveshaft, DSS stubs and halfshafts, pedders track II, hotchkis swaybars,gentex mirror, Dominant Motorsports CAI, Jamesbiz catch can, DBA cross drilled and slotted rotors, Tuned by Blue Devil Motorsports. 2nd GTO with the GTO rear insert letters light up, 1st in blue, Bohnman LED conversation in Blue, Bohnman step plates in blue
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

WOW Birmingham, long ways away. Im hoping to try to get something started up here and maybe try to get an even biger meet with the Tenn. Crew.
Comon guys let get somthing started.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
jray1
Parkers Dad

2005 GTO Owner

We tried a few months ago for a meet & greet in Huntsville . We had about 10 commit and 3 of us showed up . I am always up for a get together with some GTO owners just give me a time and place. I live about 50 miles from Huntsville and don't mind getting to drive my car.
05 m6 MBM LPE cold air kit ,P&P TB ,Pacesetter coated LT's ,catless mids , flowmaster delta 40's , x-pipe , skip shift eliminator , oil catch can ,LS7 clutch, Classic Tube stainless clutch lines, window tint , sirius sat. radio , pair of 8's in the quarters , predator programmer, Caspers MAF/IAT breakout harness IAT relocater ,H.I.D. 8000k headlights ,06 taillights, 377RWHP/376RWTQ
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
jray1
Parkers Dad

2005 GTO Owner

even email me joeyrmiller@farmerstel.com.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:12 AM   #7
BlueLS1GTO
MMOB

2004 GTO Owner

We don't do much down here anymore. During the summer I'm at the lake in Cullman most weekends, so if you guys get something going, I would like to attend.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
BlkBeauty05
05 PBM M6

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLS1GTO...View Post
We don't do much down here anymore. During the summer I'm at the lake in Cullman most weekends, so if you guys get something going, I would like to attend.

Wow i live in cullman and its not that cool lol. So if Smith Lake is your escape, thats bad
Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
BlueLS1GTO
MMOB

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBeauty05...View Post
Wow i live in cullman and its not that cool lol. So if Smith Lake is your escape, thats bad

Besides the lake, I agree with you, the rest of Cullman pretty much sucks. I guess that's why everyone hangs out in Wal-Mart's parking lot on Saturday night. As far as Smith Lake goes, I enjoy the water and the scenery. Wakeboarding is probably one of my favorite activities. It's kind of hard to do any watersports around Birmingham, being as it's mostly concrete.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Now we got so action going on this thread. COOL! This weekend for me doing anything is out (folks are coming up from FL). But maybe next. Like I said I have seen an other Torrid Red (Like mine) and a Black GTO agound here, dont know if they had Bama or Tenn. plates. Havent seen them latley. Im new to this area (but wife grew up here) so Im always looking for a nice twisty drive somewhere.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
BlkBeauty05
05 PBM M6

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLS1GTO...View Post
Besides the lake, I agree with you, the rest of Cullman pretty much sucks. I guess that's why everyone hangs out in Wal-Mart's parking lot on Saturday night.

God you are 100% right. I can proudly say im not part of that bunch lol.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
jray1
Parkers Dad

2005 GTO Owner

so next weekend , where?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jray1...View Post
so next weekend , where?

Not to sure, as I said Im new to the area. So I dont realy know whats around and where to go. Im lucky to make it to work and back with out getting lost. Just kidding Im not that bad. Anybody have any sujestions?
Old 06-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
Dw2

2004 GTO Owner

I am glad to know there are folks from North Alabama that are on this forum. I bought my 04 PBM M6 from Bramlett in Decatur. I will be leaving East Central Florida to return to my hometown of Decatur on the 9th of July. I have attended a lot of meets with people in the Tampa, Bradenton, and Orlando areas of Florida. All GTO drivers that I have met are some very nice people. We all have a common thread and that is we like our GTO. I am not the oldest GTO driver but I am almost 61 and having a blast. I just recently married for my second time and my wife likes to go to the GTO meets also. I hope to meet up with all of you in North Alabama this year and we can have some fun with our GTO's.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw2...View Post
I am glad to know there are folks from North Alabama that are on this forum. I bought my 04 PBM M6 from Bramlett in Decatur. I will be leaving East Central Florida to return to my hometown of Decatur on the 9th of July. I have attended a lot of meets with people in the Tampa, Bradenton, and Orlando areas of Florida. All GTO drivers that I have met are some very nice people. We all have a common thread and that is we like our GTO. I am not the oldest GTO driver but I am almost 61 and having a blast. I just recently married for my second time and my wife likes to go to the GTO meets also. I hope to meet up with all of you in North Alabama this year and we can have some fun with our GTO's.

COOL! I too lived in FL (Rockledge area for 12yrs) and wife and I moved up here in April. Bought my GTO in Athens and love it so far. Hoping we Northern Bama folks can get something going and keep it rolling.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
BlkBeauty05
05 PBM M6

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
I bought my 04 PBM M6 from Bramlett in Decatur.

Thats my buddies dad's carlot
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #17
Starscream

2006 GTO Owner

Im down for a get together anytime, I also have a friend that has an 04 pbm on this board that will definitely go also. I know of 3 other Goats here in Arab but Ive never gotten the chance to talk to any of them, also Im in Huntsville everyday and Ive seen at least 5 different ones around there and everytime Im thinking how nice it would be if everyone could meet up sometime. We definitely need to get something going. As far as locations go, we have our DSM meets at the mall parking lots(Parkway City, and Madison Square), but this time of year it would be HOT!!! so please lets pick a spot where there is some shade. The best thing we could do is set a date and place then let as many people know about it as possible. We could also post about it on hsvracing.com too.

Ive seen so many threads like this one die becasue nothing was ever done about the meet so please lets keep this one going and make something happen. We could first start posting locations then when we all agree on that we could work on the date, this would also give us time to let more people know about it. I cant think of any parks or anything but what about Ditto Landing, would that be an ok spot?
Old 06-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Well thats why I started this thread cause I want to get somthing going in this town. Friday night Im going to Huntsville speedway to watch one of my wifes cusins run on the round track. Sat evening would be good for me, Ill say
it again someone will have to sujest somewhere to meet up since Im not to up to speed as to what and where to go in this town. My wife is already worried that she will come home and find a half doz goats grazin in the driveway, Just kidding. Lets do this folks and keep it going.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
BlkBeauty05
05 PBM M6

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st6.0GTO...View Post
. My wife is already worried that she will come home and find a half doz goats grazin in the driveway.

LOL i liked the sound of that
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 AM   #20
Starscream

2006 GTO Owner

This weekend might be too soon, but I will be in Huntsville staurday afternoon anyways. I was thinking about riding around to a few places and see which one would be the best for us. Even though Im here everyday I dont venture off the parkway that often so it would be hard for me to say where would be the best.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
BlkBeauty05
05 PBM M6

2005 GTO Owner

If i get bored i usually go to the newest mall in Hville. If im there ill be parked in the middle of nowhere so you will see me
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #22
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBeauty05...View Post
If i get bored i usually go to the newest mall in Hville. If im there ill be parked in the middle of nowhere so you will see me

Im all for it. You talking about about Parkway City, or Madison Square?
Anyone else up for a inprompto meet?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #23
Starscream

2006 GTO Owner

I think he is talking about Parkway City. What time are yall planning on being there?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #24
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phantom 06...View Post
I think he is talking about Parkway City. What time are yall planning on being there?

Not sure what time we will be there yet. Might go out to eat @ Carrabas. If so I willbe parked on the upper level of the garage away from other parked cars, just do to a $300.00 repair bill for door dings.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
Dw2

2004 GTO Owner

I would really like to meet with all of you but I can't be in town until after the 4th of July. I start a new job at MSFC on July 9. My computer will probably be down for many days because of packing for the move so I will be checking in until that day of moving. Hope to be up and running very quickly.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #26
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Quote:
I would really like to meet with all of you but I can't be in town until after the 4th of July. I start a new job at MSFC on July 9. My computer will probably be down for many days because of packing for the move so I will be checking in until that day of moving. Hope to be up and running very quickly.

Well good luck with your move, I know just what you will be going thru ( did it just 2mo's ago) Im sure we will be getting something going, or Im hoping. I know there isnt a lot of us in this area, but Im hoping we can get together all of us and maybe join up with the Tenn. crew one day. Have a good size meet.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
06 Blue Devil
Dragon Slayer

2006 GTO Owner

Whynot plan for a gtg on july 7, that way Dw2 could attend and everyone could figureout and agree on a place to meet!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #28
simpleGTO
keep it simple

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:

So you are just going to pack up and slip out of Florida without saying goodby?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #29
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Blue Devil...View Post
Whynot plan for a gtg on july 7, that way Dw2 could attend and everyone could figureout and agree on a place to meet!

That sounds like a good idea. lets get to thinking of a meet for that weekend, I guess a "post JULY 4th meet". Any sujestions?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #30
1st5.7GTO
Now its an LSJ S/C

Hey all just wanted to say while wife and I were out this afternoon I saw another Torid Red Goat on hwy231 heading north around Maridianville. Dont know if this person is part of the forum.
Im still hoping we can get a good group of us going and maybe liven up this town
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: