Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest

Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
dreadpirateroberts
anybody seen staypuft?

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

NW indiana roll call

allright this has probably been asked before but how many of us live in northwest indiana? i have seen a ton of goats lately, namely this one '06 IBM that runs through my town (hobart) all the time, a torrid red '04 and another '05 that looks EXACTLY like mine running around my town, and lastly i've seen a PBM 05' parked by the autozone on 61st and merrillville, and another silver 04 running around the same town.

fess up!

anyone who lives in northwest indiana, lake, porter, newton, jasper, laporte counties...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
N.W.I Goat

2004 GTO Owner

04 silver here(05 bumper) from lake
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
Element
Sewer is the name

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Element
black 04 here from lake

1.49 60ft
Old 12-04-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
ahardwicke

laporte here, I run through hobart often, I've got a friend that lives on wisconsin st, the GTO is there quite a bit 04 pbm
Old 12-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
Pennybags

2006 GTO Owner

Lake, I am all over the place.
The BOM has been put away for the winter though.
Most everyone I see in Lake never wave or anything. I wave at them and they look at me like I am crazy!
There is a silver one I see in the Schererville area once-in-awhile that waves back.

Last edited by Pennybags; 12-04-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvulpes...View Post
allright this has probably been asked before but how many of us live in northwest indiana? i have seen a ton of goats lately, namely this one '06 IBM that runs through my town (hobart) all the time, a torrid red '04 and another '05 that looks EXACTLY like mine running around my town, and lastly i've seen a PBM 05' parked by the autozone on 61st and merrillville, and another silver 04 running around the same town.

fess up!

anyone who lives in northwest indiana, lake, porter, newton, jasper, laporte counties...

whats your town? im pretty sure i saw you at the intersection of county line and rt6 some time ago. sounded louder than stock when it passed me. might have been you.

kooks/corsa vid--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI4bsaHDT3g
Old 02-18-2008, 05:52 AM   #7
RUQWKNF
KEEPER OF SECRETS

2005 GTO Owner

Thumbs up

Lake county here as well.
DD Torrid Red '05 A4. I'm usually all over the place, Merrillville, Schererville, Crown Point, Valpo etc. I am constantly on the look out for other GTOs and wave whenever I see them. Just last week a PBM either '05 or '06 and I prowled the streets of Griffith while headed to work one morning. Haven't seen him before and not sure who it might be on here. There are quiet a few of us in the area.

Looks like there's going to be a nice size gathering in the making this year. There is a long post on Indiana sittings on here previously but I think it's on page two by now. As soon as the weather clears and warms up, we all need to schedule a get together.

BTW, just to let all those of you know might be looking for a GTO, or have friends who are looking, Schepel Buick, Pontiac, GMC in Merrillville currently has 6 GTOs on the lot.

- IBM '06 A4, Blue interior, 18's, 4330 miles, $26995
- Torrid Red '06 A4 Black interior, 17's, 4095 miles, $26995
- Spice Red '06, M6, Black interior, 17's, 2784 miles, $27995
- Torrid Red '06, A4 Red interior, 17's, 863 miles, $27995
- Spice Red '06, A4 Black interior, 17's, 1528 miles, $27995
- PBM '06, M6, Black interior, 18's, 8803 miles, $27995

Here's the link.

http://www.schepelbuickpontiacgmc.com/

All of them look to be recent trades and in very good condition. And I'm sure they won't last long once the words gets out about them. And nope, I don't have any affiliation with them, just spreading the word.

Also, there is an '04 Yellow Jacket at the Chevy dealership in Crown Point on Taft Rd.

Patrick
Old 02-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #8
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWKNF...View Post
Lake county here as well.
DD Torrid Red '05 A4. I'm usually all over the place, Merrillville, Schererville, Crown Point, Valpo etc. I am constantly on the look out for other GTOs and wave whenever I see them. Just last week a PBM either '05 or '06 and I prowled the streets of Griffith while headed to work one morning. Haven't seen him before and not sure who it might be on here. There are quiet a few of us in the area.

Looks like there's going to be a nice size gathering in the making this year. There is a long post on Indiana sittings on here previously but I think it's on page two by now. As soon as the weather clears and warms up, we all need to schedule a get together.

BTW, just to let all those of you know might be looking for a GTO, or have friends who are looking, Schepel Buick, Pontiac, GMC in Merrillville currently has 6 GTOs on the lot.

- IBM '06 A4, Blue interior, 18's, 4330 miles, $26995
- Torrid Red '06 A4 Black interior, 17's, 4095 miles, $26995
- Spice Red '06, M6, Black interior, 17's, 2784 miles, $27995
- Torrid Red '06, A4 Red interior, 17's, 863 miles, $27995
- Spice Red '06, A4 Black interior, 17's, 1528 miles, $27995
- PBM '06, M6, Black interior, 18's, 8803 miles, $27995

Here's the link.

http://www.schepelbuickpontiacgmc.com/

All of them look to be recent trades and in very good condition. And I'm sure they won't last long once the words gets out about them. And nope, I don't have any affiliation with them, just spreading the word.

Also, there is an '04 Yellow Jacket at the Chevy dealership in Crown Point on Taft Rd.

Patrick

thats where i got mine in september. i was trying to hold out for an 06 but they told me they dont get gto's that often.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #9
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLEm1911a1...View Post
thats where i got mine in september. i was trying to hold out for an 06 but they told me they dont get gto's that often.

i just went by there yesterday. they have 8 gtos. mostly automatics
Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
B.A.Brazen

2006 GTO Owner

BOM in Valpo, but Im allover mostly in Hobart because I work out there and 2 other guys work with me have GTO's
Old 02-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #11
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.Brazen...View Post
BOM in Valpo, but Im allover mostly in Hobart because I work out there and 2 other guys work with me have GTO's

ever get that fixed yesterday? lol
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Jam50

2006 GTO Owner

06 SRM M6 18 in Lake. Bought mine from Schepel also. See Dennis in the Used car office, he's a good guy. And Pennybags I blow the horn or wave to all Gto's when I see one!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #13
dadler02

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to dadler02
Highland here. PBM M6 05, but i decided to put mine in the garage for the winter so you wont be seein mine around for a month or two

Quote:
Bought mine from Schepel also. See Dennis in the Used car office, he's a good guy.

I think that is the guy I talked to when i was lookin for a car. I was merely shopping around and wasnt sure what i wanted yet. I was actually lookin at some older stuff 300 zx tt, 3000gt vr4, supra, etc. I went there just lookin to test drive the gto and he came out treating me poorly. He was sayin how they dont let those cars go for test drives, then sayin he needed to run my credit and i could buy it and return it if i didnt want it. It took about a half hour of arguing with this guy before he finally let me drive it. Maybe cause I'm young (25) but the way he treated me i wouldnt have bought a car from him. That test drive did however seal the deal on me buyin a gto. It was all i thought about for the week or two i was looking for the right color combo, price, mileage etc.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
dreadpirateroberts
anybody seen staypuft?

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam50...View Post
06 SRM M6 18 in Lake. Bought mine from Schepel also. See Dennis in the Used car office, he's a good guy.

Dennis is who i bought my car from! bought a G6 from him too... great guy...

i walked in and asked about the GTO, and he immediatly started working with me on price. He was eager to give me a testdrive too. i dunno if it was the same guy you talked to, dadler, it doesn't sound like him.

Last edited by dreadpirateroberts; 02-20-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
dreadpirateroberts
anybody seen staypuft?

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

oh and schepel does seem to move a lot of GTO's. they always seem to get low-mileage ones, too...

don't ever bother going to paul sur. they tried to sell me an 04 GTO with piston slap.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #16
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadler02...View Post
Highland here. PBM M6 05, but i decided to put mine in the garage for the winter so you wont be seein mine around for a month or two

I think that is the guy I talked to when i was lookin for a car. I was merely shopping around and wasnt sure what i wanted yet. I was actually lookin at some older stuff 300 zx tt, 3000gt vr4, supra, etc. I went there just lookin to test drive the gto and he came out treating me poorly. He was sayin how they dont let those cars go for test drives, then sayin he needed to run my credit and i could buy it and return it if i didnt want it. It took about a half hour of arguing with this guy before he finally let me drive it. Maybe cause I'm young (25) but the way he treated me i wouldnt have bought a car from him. That test drive did however seal the deal on me buyin a gto. It was all i thought about for the week or two i was looking for the right color combo, price, mileage etc.

thats odd. my salesmans name was Rich and i had no problem taking mine for a test drive. he was driving a c5 so he was sorta knowledgable on the gto.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #17
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to MeyGTO
Highland here too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadler02...View Post

I am from highland too my friend, I live near the HS. If anyone has seen an IBM '05 driving around NWI, its me. I have a girlfriend that lives in Valpo and every once in a blue moon I will take the goat out there. What color is yours dadler02? I have seen a silver and a black one that I think live in Highland.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeyGTO...View Post
I am from highland too my friend, I live near the HS. If anyone has seen an IBM '05 driving around NWI, its me. I have a girlfriend that lives in Valpo and every once in a blue moon I will take the goat out there. What color is yours dadler02? I have seen a silver and a black one that I think live in Highland.

let me know if you see a black srt4 with black rims running around highland. used to be my old car
Old 02-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
thats odd. my salesmans name was Rich and i had no problem taking mine for a test drive. he was driving a c5 so he was sorta knowledgable on the gto.

I bought from Rich Shultz at Schepel Cadillac. Great guy, went to school with his niece.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #20
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

No dice

Quote:
let me know if you see a black srt4 with black rims running around highland. used to be my old car

I cant say that I have seen it but i cant say that I havent. Will definitely keep in mind if I see it.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #21
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
I bought from Rich Shultz at Schepel Cadillac. Great guy, went to school with his niece.

did you get the car in october as your join date would indicate? i almost wish i would have held out and got an 06, but im happy with my 05.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
did you get the car in october as your join date would indicate? i almost wish i would have held out and got an 06, but im happy with my 05.

No, I surfed this forum for a long time without signing up. I bought it in June. I felt the same way about waiting, but I totally fell for the IBM car they had, and I was already waiting for like a month before they got that car. The only major reason I wish I had an '06 is for the tail lights but I figured I would have already bought the '06 OEM ones by now, but I haven't. I really like the car I have though, beautiful color and it run fantastically. I bought it with 8,900 miles on it and got a decent price on it. I know I can find a bunch of OEM parts on here, but if you know anyone nearby off the top of your head that wants to part with some '06 tail lights, definitely let me know.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
No, I surfed this forum for a long time without signing up. I bought it in June. I felt the same way about waiting, but I totally fell for the IBM car they had, and I was already waiting for like a month before they got that car. The only major reason I wish I had an '06 is for the tail lights but I figured I would have already bought the '06 OEM ones by now, but I haven't. I really like the car I have though, beautiful color and it run fantastically. I bought it with 8,900 miles on it and got a decent price on it. I know I can find a bunch of OEM parts on here, but if you know anyone nearby off the top of your head that wants to part with some '06 tail lights, definitely let me know.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ght=tail+lamps

got mine from him great seller and you cant beat the price. they come brand new oem
Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #24
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ght=tail+lamps

got mine from him great seller and you cant beat the price. they come brand new oem

Thanks man I am definitely going to look into these. We will have to get everyone from the area together for a cruise one day, maybe meet at the mall in merrillville. Definitely in the spring after I shake the cold out of my car.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
TLEm1911a1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Thanks man I am definitely going to look into these. We will have to get everyone from the area together for a cruise one day, maybe meet at the mall in merrillville. Definitely in the spring after I shake the cold out of my car.

yea let me know. im down. i really only talk to one other gto owner so im kind of out of the loop.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #26
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
yea let me know. im down. i really only talk to one other gto owner so im kind of out of the loop.

There have been a few other people commenting on this thread that are from around here. It would be sweet to cruise up onto US12 and cruise next to the beach in beverly shores. Maybe we can get like 5 or 6 people from here.

2005 IBM M6 : K&N CAI | 160* tstat
Pacesetter LT | Catless Mids | X-Pipe | Kook's Afterburner's
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's
Old 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
yellowjacket04

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket04
YJ here in Crown Point. car is put away so not drivin it now but hopefully will be soon!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #28
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket04...View Post
YJ here in Crown Point. car is put away so not drivin it now but hopefully will be soon!!!

heck yea we will have to get as many gtos together and do a cruise in the spring
Old 02-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #29
ahardwicke

I am around.... :P
Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #30
MeyGTO
Mmm, Skittles.

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardwicke...View Post
I am around.... :P

You are around where?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: