Left bank not firing. - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > LS1/LS2 Engine Tech

Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
LOW TRAC

2004 GTO Owner

Question Left bank not firing.

So here is a new one to me. First off I don't have a scanner handy this weekend and the check engine light has been on for a while since I did some exhaust work and haven't had a chance to tune it right. So last night I was driving home and the car seemed to be fine, after 5-10 minuets on the highway the power completely dropped off and the car started shaking badly. It did idle but barely, I got it back and checked under the hood. As I was checking for spark and fuel I pulled one of the left side fuel injectors and there was no change in the idle, when I tried this on all the right side injectors the idle speed dropped noticeably but none of the ones on the left side did this. I checked the under hood fuse box and found the 15A fuse for "engine sensors" blown but swapping that did no good. Just curious if anyone else has ran into something like this, I checked the ground on the block but it seems clean and tight. I'll have to get a scanner on it Monday and see what's happening if nothing else. Thanks for any information.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
A_VAS
Complete Street Performance
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2006 GTO Owner

This did in fact happen to me once. Mine was right bank.
It was fuse block related..there are 2 fuses for the injectors (INJ1 and INJ2 i think).

mine had a add-on circuit on one of these, that apparently had flexed the fuse connection tabs a little too far. When the circuit was removed from that fuse, there wasn't enough pressure being applied to the legs of the fuse to make contact. Basically the add-on circuit flexed the fuse holder contacts and yielded them..reducing the contact force on the legs. Fuse would pull out without much resistance.

I ended up sticking a very small flat head screw driver in there and bending the contacts back together one-by-one. The fuse then went back in tightly, and problem hasn't been back since.

Start by checking those INJ fuses and wiggle to see if they are tight. If not them...maybe pinched wiring somewhere to that bank ?

GTO rear end parts and rebuilds
Dana Gearsets (OEM Australian)
OEM seals, Timken bearings
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
BubbaDuss
Mod-Anonymous Attendee

2004 GTO Owner

A blown fuse is usually an effect, not a cause. It blew to protect whatever it was in line to protect. when replaced did the new one blow too?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: