SAP Rear Bumpers? - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
SpencerW

2006 GTO Owner

SAP Rear Bumpers?

Soo.....what kind of interest is there in a Replica SAP Rear Bumper done in fiberglass? I've been getting a lot of questions about the rear bumper lately, so I thought I'd start a discussion to see what kind of concrete interest exists.

Price would probably be about $500 and I'd need 10 people at that price level.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
USCGTO
Way of life

2006 GTO Owner

I would assume you should be able to get 10 folks (not so soon though).

I have seen very few folks interested in those. But then again, you never know. Folks might just jump in.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
miker
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ

Monaro CV8

Send a message via AIM to miker Send a message via MSN to miker Send a message via Yahoo to miker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerW...View Post
Soo.....what kind of interest is there in a Replica SAP Rear Bumper done in fiberglass? I've been getting a lot of questions about the rear bumper lately, so I thought I'd start a discussion to see what kind of concrete interest exists.

Price would probably be about $500 and I'd need 10 people at that price level.

They might be ugly and whatnot but there does seem to be a demand for them.
- RE-11s, V2 Brembos, Coilovers, Bushings, Fastrack, Swaybars, ARP Studs, 15lbs Braille
- Manual 4l65e, Anti-Hop Axles, 3.5" Alum DS, TrueTrac, 3.73s, Harrop Cover, Sparco Evo2s
- Ron Davis Radiator, Derale PS/Trans Coolers, JBiz CatchCan, Russell Lines, AeroForce, Bel RX65
Old 11-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
75TransAm
Fire Fox

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I think you would have lots of interest. If you need my help Spencer, please let me know.

SOLD!
SHAKIN 2005 CGM A4
http://www.westcoastspeed.com/zentest
FUNCTIONAL SHAKER & HOOD
REPRO SAP FRONT & ROCKERS (SPENCER W)
MAV MAN LIP SPOILER
OEM SAP UPPER GRILLES
CHROME RUFF RACING 278s
JBA TITANIUM COATED SHORTIE HEADERS
JBA CATTED MIDS
SLP LOUDMOUTH 1
RED INTERIOR CONVERSION
GAUGE POD & GAUGES
CGM VX TAIL LIGHTS
MATCHING GUITAR

2011 DODGE CHALLENGER RT CLASSIC
1975 PONTIAC TRANS AM
1998 CHEVROLET CORVETTE
1993 FIREHAWK #173 of 201
1991 CHEVROLET CORVETTE: SOLD
Old 11-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
RDRunner
currently bored

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I would think anyone who has a full SAP car and plans on keeping it should be interested in this. Eventually people are going to need repair/replacement parts. I have a spare so I'm good. But how about a SAP-Regular bumper hybrid? Make a rear bumper cover that has the sides of the SAP to match the lines of the side skirts and the look of the regular 05-06 rear that can use the factory gray plastic insert. I'd go for one of those. Should be a good seller too as that would give you the best of both worlds. Just a thought. One question though, I guess it would be too expensive to do them in urethane instead of fiberglass?

Vive Le Pontiac!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
SpencerW

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGTO...View Post
I would assume you should be able to get 10 folks (not so soon though).

I have seen very few folks interested in those. But then again, you never know. Folks might just jump in.

Yeah, I know I could sell 10 of them, but if those sales happen over a period of a year, then it's not worth it to make the mold. If there were 10 people willing to put down a deposit and wait 3 months, then we could make it happen. Normally, I would use my judgement and just make the investment, but this would be a fairly large investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75TransAm...View Post
I think you would have lots of interest. If you need my help Spencer, please let me know.

Thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRunner...View Post
I would think anyone who has a full SAP car and plans on keeping it should be interested in this. Eventually people are going to need repair/replacement parts. I have a spare so I'm good. But how about a SAP-Regular bumper hybrid? Make a rear bumper cover that has the sides of the SAP to match the lines of the side skirts and the look of the regular 05-06 rear that can use the factory gray plastic insert. I'd go for one of those. Should be a good seller too as that would give you the best of both worlds. Just a thought. One question though, I guess it would be too expensive to do them in urethane instead of fiberglass?

I like the idea of a rear bumper piece that has some of the SAP cues. Interesting. To do it in urethane, I'd need like 20-30 people actually paid to make it happen. Already looked into it and it's just too damn expensive. With fiberglass, the part would be cheaper, the molds are cheaper and you don't have the same concerns about cracking like with a front bumper and curbs and parking blocks and stuff.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Jontall
1 of 262

2006 GTO Owner

The SAP rear bumper is much better looking.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
04BlackGTO57

2004 GTO Owner

how durable would the fiberglass be?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
KJax2010
The Ville

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to KJax2010
How much would the deposit need to be? I am interested in this... I like the look of the SAP bumper

2005 IBM / Blue / 18 / A4
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
SVT kid
Converted....

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to SVT kid
while I like the SAP i like the rear 04 with duals better. and if something this big is doable why not go with the HSV front setup. you kow you could KILL with HSV knock offs!
Wingless
Predator
Volant
Pacesetter V2s
B&M Shifter
Some extra PBM here and there.....
Old 11-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
Hogtos

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I'd be interested. Recently I added the new Mav difuser and I really like it. However, I plan to complete my SAP kit someday and the rear bumper seems to be the most elusive piece.
If I could get one, it would be nice having the option.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
SVT kid
Converted....

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to SVT kid
Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #13
GOATCRUISER
Louie Angel

Monaro CV8

Location: If you are ever in the 3-1-2, please, holler at a player.
Premium Member

Hopefully, this goes into effect. It would be great having a back up option.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
BRAZEN06GTO
Final Six Is Here...

2006 GTO Owner

Although I already have the OEM version, I'm glad to see this thread.

Man Pedal, SAP, JHP Pod & Lip Spoiler, TSW Laguna's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EE Can, Volant, NGK TR6, MSD, SpinTech, X Pipe, GMM Ripshift, BOM STB, JB Stuff, Kooks SS, SLP UDP, DR Chain, 160 Stat, Holley Valve Covers, Torquer v.2, Monster3, Pedders 5/16" Coils, LEDs, HIDs, Optima, Proxses Tune 413/383.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
new_guy
SCGC

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT kid...View Post

God thats a sexy car!

APS ~ Beyern Mesh ~ Pedders ~ McLeod
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #16
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Oh4GTO
I would like the SAP without the little vents above the exhaust. I woul def get one next summer. No more funds left unless something changes.

LS3 longblock, LS9 cam, LS9 headgaskets, NW 90mm, APS 5psi = 610 RWHP / 578 RWTQ
Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #17
awestmo

2004 GTO Owner

Spencer, can we get a lip spoiler? Please.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
BLITZD247
IM GOING FOR BROKE

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

A little off topic but an idea for you. A company that cannot be named use to make Stronger front bumper repair clips. I know there was a market because they got out of the gto stuff and sold there mold and all the sets they had to a company in australia that has never done anything public with them. Every gto we have worked on needs those bumper repair clips. Can you make something like that happen. They were pretty cheap so i know they didnt cost much to make probably due to size.
As far as the sap bumper. I parted out 2 OEM sap cars. I sat on those rear bumpers for over 6 months. I advertised them in certain public places and could barely get 500 for them already in color last year.
I personally dont like the look, But if my car was a factory sap car i would not have changed it!

05 IBM/BLUE A4 1 OF 41
www.fquick.com/blitzd247
FORGED 377 | DIAMOND PISTONS | CALLIES MAGNUM XL CRANK | CALLIES I BEAM RODS | MOREL | TVS2300 | 1:1 COGS | INNOVATORS WEST 8 RIB | 8.8 CONVERSION | TRUTRAK | POWER CHAMBER | DEVILS OWN METH INJECTION | NITRO DAVES 102 PLATE SYSTEM | CCW SP500 | PRC 237'S | ECS BLOWER CAM | ECS TENSIONER | EXTREME COIL OVERS | CORSA | DMH | ABEAR | FIC 1000 INJECTORS | AFCO | WILWOOD BBK | CUSTOM FUEL SYSTEM | AUTOFORM HOOD | MAVMAN CARBON | SCSS

Last edited by BLITZD247; 11-21-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
TheElementalCashew
Entry-level Boss

2006 GTO Owner

I would definitely chip in, if I had the funds available right now.
BC Coilovers, Pedders sway bars, Fast Ratio Steering Rack, Pedders and Kollar bushings.
Jamesbiz, Maverickman, Bohnman, various Monaro pieces.
Old numbers: 367rwhp/358tq

2014 Silverado 1LT Z71, Black

Old 11-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #20
qwikslvr

2006 GTO Owner

Definitely interested, finding one that isn't in pieces has been rough.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #21
Merrows YJ A4
Navy GTO

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been asking numerous people to make a REP SAP Bumper. Cash Money Ready, Subscribed!! Please Hurry LOL

2014 Ruby Red Raptor Screw Special Edition

2005 Pontiac GTO (YJ) - SOLD
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #22
BAAAD V8
Banned

2004 GTO Owner

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

PAYPAL READY! Plus I will pay you to color match it!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #23
BAAAD V8
Banned

2004 GTO Owner

but if you can make sap rear that still uses the 05-06 insert I will pay for that 2
Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #24
Merrows YJ A4
Navy GTO

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAAAD V8...View Post
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

PAYPAL READY! Plus I will pay you to color match it!

Yeah what he said ^^
Old 11-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #25
blackpala96

2006 GTO Owner

How about an '04 bumper without the exhaust cutout? So a smooth '04 rear bumper?

It seems like there is always clamoring from the guys who run side pipes. My wife wants to run the stainless works Retro 64 system, but filling that hole is about impossible.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
Trekk

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via MSN to Trekk
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpala96...View Post
How about an '04 bumper without the exhaust cutout? So a smooth '04 rear bumper?

It seems like there is always clamoring from the guys who run side pipes. My wife wants to run the stainless works Retro 64 system, but filling that hole is about impossible.

That can be done really easy with a little lip on the rear bumper. I've brought this up a few times and noone wanted anything to do with it.

I do have a OEM sap rear now and the fit is kind of "meh" compaired to the stock. The rear is a huge pc, and it would have to be spot on to fit right in fiberglass w/o lots of work to get it right. In other words I think you will have to pay a shop to fit it, I dont see this as a bolt on unless its flex fiberglass

Rawr!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #27
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum

2004 GTO Owner

What about a SAP front style add on for the rear 04 bumper?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #28
Powder Buffer

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh4GTO...View Post
What about a SAP front style add on for the rear 04 bumper?

What?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #29
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum

2004 GTO Owner

Like the SAP front lower bumper. It's a stick on piece. So something subtle for the rear bumper would be nice. But I think these guys just want to create a mold from an existing piece.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #30
Merrows YJ A4
Navy GTO

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Any more news??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: