gto radio code - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Stereo/Electronics

Old 12-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
don carter

gto radio code

I need to replace my factory radio with a oem radio.I have a replacement from another gto,but I do not know the radio code.The dealer will not help without a title and bill of sale.My cd do not work .
Thanks for the help
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Hockeyman
"I wish Cotton was a Monkey!"

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Good luck!
Most dealerships do not want to type a few simple codes into their computers to access the codes. Lazy, stupidity, just plain ignorant...who knows.

I tried the following link once, but got nowhere because the GTO's radio is obviously newer than 2003 : http://www.radio-code.com/GM-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
TR GTO
METAL!!!

2004 GTO Owner

You'll need the VIN out of the car it came from. If you get the one from the dealer matching your car, it's the wrong radio. You'll either need the security card from the car the radio came from or you might be better off to call Blaupunkt to get the code. As far as I know, GM's system doesn't reference off any of the codes on the back of the radio. You could just have the dealer do it though as I think they can code them together using a Tech2 even without the security code. I'm sure they'll want in the ballpark of at least $75. Don't quote me on this part, I don't know for sure the Tech2 can do it.

As far as getting info from the dealer on your car, all you need is a DL and registration. That shows ownership.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
bohnman
Horse Power = $$$
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to bohnman
do a search there is a website that will give the code yo you with out the vin you need to make a donation.
05 MBM M6, Kooks 1 7/8" w/cats, Bassani Cat Back, SLP UDP, Drag bags, Ported TB, GMM Street, Lovels 0 drop, HE Twin clutch, Rear re-built by 2qwk, Tuned by AMS Performance, CCW 505A 19", 8" J&L subs, The 1st GTO with "GTO" lit rear bumper insert, AUX input. Interior LED Red/Blue (Done by me), LS3 Heads/Intake custom Cam From Bret Bauer

446/395 Mustang Dyno

11 F-150 With Ecoboost
01 HD FLSTFI

<a href=http://www.bohnmancustoms.com target=_blank>http://www.bohnmancustoms.com</a>
LCD screen Options

http://www.bohnmancustoms.com
Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
SlickNick13

Monaro CV8

Send a message via AIM to SlickNick13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman...View Post
Good luck!
Most dealerships do not want to type a few simple codes into their computers to access the codes. Lazy, stupidity, just plain ignorant...who knows.

I tried the following link once, but got nowhere because the GTO's radio is obviously newer than 2003 : http://www.radio-code.com/GM-Pay-Page-radio-code.htm

If you need to get the code from one of those older radios on that site, there is plenty of info on how to get it for free.. 7 bucks is a total ripoff.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Hockeyman
"I wish Cotton was a Monkey!"

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohnman...View Post
do a search there is a website that will give the code yo you with out the vin you need to make a donation.

Can you post a link?
Most of the sites I've tried take me nowhere.

If I buy another stock radio with the unlock code, I will write the code on the metal frame of the radio with a black permanent marker. I mean, really...who wants to steal the stock radio from our cars?? Aftermarket radio's, DVD players, GPS's, etc. is the craze now.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
ToxicAG

2004 GTO Owner

Sorry if im the only one that feels this way, but if u bought a replacement radio for your gto and you didnt bother to ask for the code, which you know the gto has a coded radio as a anti theft feature. it kinda just throws a red flag to me, plus with your only 1 post. it makes me not want to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman...View Post
Good luck!

thats simply because they have no way of knowing if its a stolen radio. its the same with getting a new key cut. if you cant provide the right documents, there not gonna help, and i dont blame them. thats how it should be.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
DRWoodard

I too have the same problem. I took mine to the dealership and when I went to pick it up, $90 later, after you enter the code every time you turn it on, the radio just flashes for three minutes and then shuts off. The dealer gave me the impression they don't know how to fix it. Help!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:17 AM   #9
bohnman
Horse Power = $$$
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2005 GTO Owner

Was the code the gave you 1111 ?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #10
miltrez
Worlds slowest modder...

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRWoodard...View Post
I too have the same problem. I took mine to the dealership and when I went to pick it up, $90 later, after you enter the code every time you turn it on, the radio just flashes for three minutes and then shuts off. The dealer gave me the impression they don't know how to fix it. Help!

Good lord.

I just went yesterday to a GM dealer here and he gave me an entire printout of key code, frequency code, trunk code, radio pin for free. You should take it back and tell him it did not work. Try and get a refund.

Guys are right though, there is some kind of posting in the dealerships now i think that are saying you have to provide proof of ownership before they will give you any codes at all. In both the ones I have been too anywayz..
Old 02-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
DRWoodard

That was it 1111.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
bohnman
Horse Power = $$$
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2005 GTO Owner

Lmao you paid $90 for them to give you the "test" code that code will work with all locked GTO radios but as you can see it's only good to test the unit. Man I would firebomb that place
Old 02-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #13
DRWoodard

I already spent another 80 at the radio shop to diagnose the problem in the original unit too. Ugh!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
DRWoodard

I would appreciate any comments about the validity of this post.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ht=radio+codes
Since I am a newbie, I just want to make sure I don't get scammed anymore. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
DRWoodard

I took the plunge and had the code in less than five minutes. Worked perfectly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: