A/r-50 m12 dual ball bearing turbo - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Forced Induction

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Wildcats

A/r-50 m12 dual ball bearing turbo

Can my 04 GTO handle the A/R 50 turbo? Would i have to do anything? other then a tune? I dont know much about turbos at all
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Wildcats

Bump
Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Lonestar

2005 GTO Owner

1) Use the search feature on this site.

2) No, a tune is most defiantly not the only thing you will need. The injectors and fuel pump will need to be upgraded as well, and depending on what transmission you have you will need to add a few other things.

3) Turbocharging a GTO isn't a easy task, especially for someone that has 0 knowledge of turbos to begin with. My advice to you (if you really want forced induction) is to find a used P1SC procharger and put that on the car instead. You will still need to upgrade the fuel pump/injectors and get a good tune.

PS: you will get more help from experienced/knowledgable members on here if you type in complete sentences

2005 Pontiac GTO - Ported Intake/TB, Tune SOLD
2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - K&N Intake, M2W SOLD
1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer - Factory 5.7 & Dual front shock option, 6" lift, 35x12.5r15
2000 Jeep Wrangler - 2.5l 4cyl 5-speed manual, IET, 2" lift, 35x12.5r15
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 3.6l 5-speed auto, Airaid intake, Jeep Dana 44 sliders, Jeep metal sway bar skid
Old 05-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
chance575
Mindless Poo Flinger

2005 GTO Owner

go with a turbonater
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
USCGTO
Way of life

2006 GTO Owner

Turbonator FTW..

I am sure someone with the updated version of te turbonator will chime in soon enough.

Also,Use the search feature and find out abt the 30 second t/c mod. That alone is good for unlocking 30whp.. Some 06s have seen upto 50whp.

Also do ask around about the best CAI. That should unlock a lot of power too. And while u're at it might as well research the exhaust washer mod. Your GTO will sound pretty cool.

That being said, do you have any tattoos?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
chance575
Mindless Poo Flinger

2005 GTO Owner

23 rwhp with a leaf blower, much better route

Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
Lonestar

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance575...View Post
go with a turbonater

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGTO...View Post
Turbonator FTW..

I am sure someone with the updated version of te turbonator will chime in soon enough.

Also,Use the search feature and find out abt the 30 second t/c mod. That alone is good for unlocking 30whp.. Some 06s have seen upto 50whp.

Also do ask around about the best CAI. That should unlock a lot of power too. And while u're at it might as well research the exhaust washer mod. Your GTO will sound pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance575...View Post
23 rwhp with a leaf blower, much better route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7YWT6rX0o

Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Fat_Nick
<--Dis dudebrahguy right here

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Fat_Nick
Run geetz a Turbonater NAO! Bestest mod out there for an 04 GTO! Trust me Ima Doctor
MODS: RK Sports Rear Valance|Banshee Hood|WSC SAP Combo #2|VX Tails|Spoiler Delete|DDM HID|Alpine JL Audio ICE|Monster Stage 3|GMM Street/LSS/Hurst|TxSpd-DONKEY DICK CAM & 100mm MAF|SLP UD Pulley|Custom Exhaust|Kooks LT|SNL Custom 4" CAI|PRC Stage 1 Heads|WRP & SSEEYA Ported FAST 92mm IMF|92mm FAST TB|Phoenix Tuned 474.4whp 410 ft/lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS_Addict...View Post
Women are like cars.

A little piston wear, interior starts to stretch, rear end starts leaking, paint starts to fade......and we want another one.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
JAX04
Alive, But not fixed....

2004 GTO Owner

My GTO TC78 Front Mount Build
1999 Mustang--325ci LSx--Powerglide--75mm BW--8.8/3.27

Old 05-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Wildcats

Ive read about the turbonators im sorry but i think they are probably shit. I did research Air intakes best i found said 28 hp and like 25TQ but dont know if thats accurate.

as far as super chargers go all i would need is a fuel pump injectors and the super charger its self? then a tune?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Wildcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGTO...View Post
Turbonator FTW..

are you screwin with me?

Last edited by Wildcats; 05-23-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #12
erock
other kids were doing it.....

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Lonestar...hahahah.....you are becoming MisterMike jr. right in front of our eyes....

This is showing promise to be EPIC.

Billet Pro Shifter, SCSS Pod w/oil/volt, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, catted mids, SS 3" catback, SCSS mounts, Harrop rear cover, Hotchkiss Sways, BC Racing ER, with 9k,10k springs, poly bushings, BMR skid plate, SFC, and STB, JHP lip v2, SLP Predator, Pedders Fast Rack. Installing: SNL Blower cam, Harrop HTV2300, Willwood 14" BBK
Old 05-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #13
Lonestar

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats...View Post
Ive read about the turbonators im sorry but i think they are probably shit. I did research Air intakes best i found said 28 hp and like 25TQ but dont know if thats accurate.

as far as super chargers go all i would need is a fuel pump injectors and the super charger its self? then a tune?

1) yes turbonators are shit....
2) yes everyone else is smurfing with you, because it's apparent you haven't done any real research
3) yes, a fuel pump/injectors and a tune are all you need to run the supercharger. Don't expect to run more than 100-150whp over stock before needing to do other modifications to the engine.

You would be best off finding a used supercharger KIT, and not trying to piece the kit together yourself. Keep in mind that you will have to get the car towed to whatever shop will tune it after the parts are installed, or else you have a very high chance of blowing the engine.

Also, if you're automatic you should look into adding a transmission cooler to help the transmission live a little longer. Another thing to do would be adding a larger capacity transmission fluid pan which will also help keep it's temperature down with the added power.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #14
slimbobaggins
Let's roll

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

If you put this in your post:

Quote:
Can my 04 GTO handle the A/R 50 turbo? Would i have to do anything? other then a tune? I dont know much about turbos at all

Then you have absolutely no business starting a thread in the FI section about turbos.

I did probably 4-5 months of research before I dare post in someone else's thread, much less making my own.

This may seem like a dick response, but really, if you're not willing to educate yourself by reading and searching, and actually asking a legitimate question, you shouldn't be thinking about going turbo. There's no easy way to do it, no cheap way to do it, and you're honestly better off getting a SC (no slight meant to blower guys).

There's lots of good info in the FI, and the guys in here are very knowledgeable and friendly. You just have to do the legwork before you jump in.

http://www.757goat.org/phpBB3/index.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolAid...View Post
Shaking/vibrating/rattling more is actually a bonus to me. I enjoy the Parkinsons effect at a stop light while the car belches out fumes of unburnt fuel from its monster lopey overlap. To me, thats muscle car.

Mods: ARP hardware
Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
erock

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

^^ I agree. Nothing straight forward or easy about a turbo system in a GTO.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #16
Lonestar

2005 GTO Owner

BTW, I bet this is animalwarfest
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
Steel Chicken
Banned

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Ignore the monkeys, do some searching and reading to get educated on whats involved.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
erock

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Yeah pay no attention, nothing to see here....

Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
Wildcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbobaggins...View Post
If you put this in your post:

Then you have absolutely no business starting a thread in the FI section about turbos.

I did probably 4-5 months of research before I dare post in someone else's thread, much less making my own.

This may seem like a dick response, but really, if you're not willing to educate yourself by reading and searching, and actually asking a legitimate question, you shouldn't be thinking about going turbo. There's no easy way to do it, no cheap way to do it, and you're honestly better off getting a SC (no slight meant to blower guys).

There's lots of good info in the FI, and the guys in here are very knowledgeable and friendly. You just have to do the legwork before you jump in.

wow if you all want to be bitches thats straight, my bike will own any gto on here. I dont have time for bullshit, It was a thread to figure out what to do not for you smurf faces to be cocky assholes on the net. I know bikes, not cars i asked for help and you god damn retards have to be dicks. Thats whats wrong with america, smurfers like you I dont know why i fight for your asses over seas your just a bunch of goat smurfin fags
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Lonestar

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
wow if you all want to be bitches thats straight, my bike will own any gto on here. I dont have time for bullshit, It was a thread to figure out what to do not for you smurf faces to be cocky assholes on the net. I know bikes, not cars i asked for help and you god damn retards have to be dicks. Thats whats wrong with america, smurfers like you I dont know why i fight for your asses over seas your just a bunch of goat smurfin fags

You join the falling price/quality of members thread. Congrats!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #21
Wildcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar...View Post

You join the falling price/quality of members thread. Congrats!

u aint lying man i just want help on the goat i go to afghanistan soon and can save mad doe to fix it up i dont need ppls shit if u want to be n ass n not talkin bout u lone but smurf off
Old 05-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #22
Don-Juan Dela Nooch
Banned

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:

Hey douchebag, being in the military doesn't mean you're exempt from using proper English or doing your own research rather than have people do it for you. There are tons of military members on this site, myself included, and none of them throw that card as an excuse for their laziness.

Do some research, invest in spellcheck, and lose the attitude and maybe, just maybe, people will be willing to help you.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
USNGoat
Meh

2005 GTO Owner

This thread...wow.

First off, you're not sending a text message to some shorty you met at the club last night. Try to type in a coherent fashion.

Secondly, don't get pissed off because you're treated like a retard when you talk (type) like a retard. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a retard.

Third. Being in the military doesn't really make you that special. Sure, you're serving your country. But having spent the last 8 years serving myself, I know I'm not going out waiving my damn CAC card in the streets looking for handouts. Grow up.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 AM   #24
erock

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
u aint lying man i just want help on the goat i go to afghanistan soon and can save mad doe to fix it up i dont need ppls shit if u want to be n ass n not talkin bout u lone but smurf off

By all means, I would sleep better and feel safer knowing you weren't "fighting" for me. I don't think you enlisted to serve or protect people. I think you enlisted because you wanted to be paid and/or have health care for your offspring, and to take care of responsibilities that you could not as a civilian, but created for yourself as one. You obviously have not enlisted for the education benefits. You weren't drafted, you chose your situation, and I owe you nothing. Please take my name off the list of folks you feel owe you for your service.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #25
amtrucker22
6.0 liter minimum

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock...View Post
By all means, I would sleep better and feel safer knowing you weren't "fighting" for me. I don't think you enlisted to serve or protect people. I think you enlisted because you wanted to be paid and/or have health care for your offspring, and to take care of responsibilities that you could not as a civilian, but created for yourself as one. You obviously have not enlisted for the education benefits. You weren't drafted, you chose your situation, and I owe you nothing. Please take my name off the list of folks you feel owe you for your service.

That comment sucks.

I am not sticking up for the OP, but
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 AM   #26
slimbobaggins
Let's roll

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:

you can look me up on this forum, I genuinely try to help pretty much everyone that comes on here looking for help. Funny you took offense to my post, as I thought it to be pretty mild and fairly straight forward considering you came on here sounding like a damn idiot, having done no research at all. you're lucky you weren't completely crucified. If mind mild response has you all bent out of shape, you don't belong here. There's plenty of internet tough guys, I'm not one of them, and they'll drive you crazy.

That said, I could give a shit about your bike and what it can and can't do. And depending on where you live, you better be prepared to back your shit up because there's plenty of goats on this site that will eat your bike alive.

And I honestly could give a shit about you fighting overseas for me. You're just another douchebag that joined the military so he can act like everyone owes him something. There's tons of soliders that put their lives on the line every day and that don't come in here and wave their dick around like you are. You're a disrespect to them, what they stand for and the uniform they wear.

I have the utmost respect for all of them, many of my own family and most of my friends included, and what they do, and support them in any way I can. So go smurf yourself, sell your goat because you're a Lonestar, and get back on your bike where you belong.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #27
erock

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrucker22...View Post
That comment sucks.

I am not sticking up for the OP, but

And exactly what part of the comment sucks? The part that it is most likely the truth? It was my opinion and like an asshole, everyone has one. The post was multi-faceted and coherent. Enlisting in the military as a resort to take care of your civilian created responsibilities does not give anyone the right to act like someone owes them. Furthermore, individuals who practice this approach are more likely than not to act in a way similar to most people that work at say Wal Mart or a fast food job. They begrudgingly perform their duties half-assed in a "have to" as opposed to a "want to" manner, and can put other soldiers at risk. I too have previous military experience, and I am confident I would do a much better job of protecting myself than the OP.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 AM   #28
amtrucker22
6.0 liter minimum

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock...View Post
Sucks that it's probably the truth. It was my opinion, and like an asshole, everyone has one.

Fair enough...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #29
Lonestar

2005 GTO Owner

Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: