UPP TWIN TURBO KIT- Official Thread - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Forced Induction

Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
CK@UPP

UPP TWIN TURBO KIT- Official Thread

Underpressure Power & Performance is now proud to offer our NEW GTO TWIN TURBO KIT! It’s been under development for some time now, and it’s finally complete. This is a front/top mount design, and comes standard with T04B-SH trim turbos. These are the same turbos with proven power from our very successful C5 and C6 Turbo Corvette kits. These turbos are most efficient ~900hp, and will support up to 1100hp!!
Still not enough? We built this kit with staged upgrades in mind! Our 6182R (GT35R) available WITH AND WITHOUT ball bearings is a direct fit design! These turbos are most efficient ~1100hp and support up to 1300hp!
Included in the kit is:
• 2x T04B-SH Turbos
• 2x Cast manifolds
• 2x Up-pipes
• 2x Down Pipes (3” STANDARD!)
• Front mount Intercooler
• 2x BOV
• 2x 35mm External Wastegates
• All intercooler piping
• All Silicone Couplers (3 ply reinforced STANDARD!)
• All Necessary Hose Clamps (T-Bolt STANDARD!)
• Oil Return Pump (TurboWerx Exa Pump STANDARD!)
• Stainless Oil Feed Lines w/AN Fittings
• Stainless Oil Return Lines w/AN Fittings
• Injectors (YOUR CHOICE IN SIZE*)
• All Necessary Hardware and Brackets
• Battery Relocation Kit
• Spark Plug Wires

This is truly a complete kit, the only thing needed is a good tune from your local Dyno Tuner. We don’t believe in “cookie cutter” one size fits all tunes. Everyone’s car is different and should be treated as such. We do have HPTuners interfaces available separately if you wish to tune yourself.

We’ve been in business for the last 8yrs, and with the success of our C5 and C6 turbo kits we recently upgraded to a 10,000sf facility with a full production line, complete with in-house AWD dynamometer. Our turbo kits feature up-pipes and down-pipes made from 100% stainless steel, and are backed with a LIFE TIME WARRANTY . We have our own line of turbos, and back them with a standard 1yr warranty, but if you’re purchasing them in a kit, rest assured because we DOUBLE that with an unprecedented 2yr Warranty!

$5299.99

Installation Instructions

YouTube

http://youtu.be/roTGZ6Bz57Y

LQ version (490MB) can be found here:

http://www.uppcos.com/video/GTO%20Instructions_lq.wmv

HQ version (1.2GB) is here:

http://www.uppcos.com/video/GTO%20Instructions.wmv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3161.jpg (181.8 KB, 15356 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3201.jpg (179.3 KB, 14746 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3247.jpg (161.7 KB, 13796 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3257.jpg (160.1 KB, 14563 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3260.jpg (155.7 KB, 13629 views)

Last edited by CK@UPP; 12-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
CK@UPP

To address some of the previous questions:

Turbos- The turbos are branded as our own. They are actually produced by a company that’s been in the business of making replacement OEM turbos for over 20yrs. We recently got them to branch out and start making aftermarket performance turbos. We back our turbos with a 2yr warranty, so rest assured, you’re getting a quality product, or I wouldn’t put our name on it.

Pricing- We originally targeted $5999 as our goal….but we came in under-budget, so we passed that on to you. There are a couple things added that were not in the original run-through, so pricing will actually be $5199.00 (Not the $4999 previously stated). HOWEVER…for the GTO Forum members, we’re dropping the price now through the end of the month for all orders received before then to $4699.00!!!!

Turbo Sizing- Standard turbos are T04B-SH. It’s a T3/T4 hybrid turbo 58mm compressor, great for 600-900hp, but if pushed to the limit they will support 1100hp. It’s recommended to stay with these turbos unless you are shooting for OVER 900hp. By upgrading to the 6182R’s (aka GT35R) and running less than 900hp you’ll actually be running LESS efficiently, as these turbos are huge and you won’t be running them with-in their power band. The upgrades are 61.4mm compressor available with (+$900) and without (+400) ball bearings. These are only recommended if you’re shooting 900-1300hp range, as peak efficiency isn’t even reached until ~1100hp. T04B’s come standard with the “UPP Black” compressor, and 6182’s come standard with a polished compressor cover.

One-off Vs Production: The kit is made, the Jigs are made, and we’ve already started production. We’ve been producing kits for other cars for quite some time now…..we mean business….

Carb Legal- NO…. Not a big fan of the smog laws out there in CA, or the CARB board. And just the simple fact that I leave the tuning up to the end user, there’s room for variance, and we won’t ever qualify for the CARB board.
Turn-Time- Generally we should be able to produce a kit from scratch in a week. Depending on the demand this might very slightly, but generally when we get into full production mode we’ve got at least 1 kit sitting on the shelf at all times.

WebSite- I’ll be updating the site soon to reflect the changes in pricing and announce that it’s complete. For orders, please call in. 719-575-0202
Old 05-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
Crimsongtp
GTP Turned GTO

2004 GTO Owner

I can pretty much promise that anyone going FI is going to take a MONSTEROUSLY hard look at this product. For price/performance ratio it will be unheard of. I want one but IDK if my bottom end will like it...

2004 LS1 A4-

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech, Pacesetter LTs, Tuned By Rian

Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, WCS Splitter, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint, Satin Black painted 17's

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low,Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman

Every time I grab a fistful of throttle in my GTO, I suck up an assful of seat leather- Doric
Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Steel Chicken
Cthulhu's IT D1r3ktФя

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Whats the difference between the 04 and 05/06 kits?

Quote:
Justice is swift and unfair in the eyes of those who don't know shit. - tmiller

Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
CK@UPP

I ran my 98 auto C5 with 97K on kit @550hp for a few years as a daily and never had an issue. Just make sure you get a good tune and address any previous problems the currently exist.

CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsongtp...View Post
I can pretty much promise that anyone going FI is going to take a MONSTEROUSLY hard look at this product. For price/performance ratio it will be unheard of. I want one but IDK if my bottom end will like it...

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
CK@UPP

As of right now, there's nothing different that I can see. Except the injectors.

CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Chicken...View Post
Whats the difference between the 04 and 05/06 kits?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
posenheimer
Tuned by ME

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to posenheimer
Why do you need a return oil pump if they are top mount? Wouldn't they gravity drain back to the pan? I am so glad to see the kits hitting the market. Are these turbos Garretts then??
Abagail has: Full 3.5" dual exhaust w/kooks headers and Dynomax bullets, Svede , Full Suspension, 23X .600 lift Comp Cam, Mild Head work, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Ported Manifold and TB, Stage 12 Fuel System; 428hp, 414tq

New Cam and Exhaust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjVmBNqCsM
Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Deflagrate

2005 GTO Owner

Is it possible to get ball bearing T-04B-SH turbos for those who aren't shooting for four digit horsepower, but still want the benefits of a ball bearing turbo?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Artoo
formerly Farsighted770

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Artoo Send a message via Yahoo to Artoo
do the mid pipes dump at the factory location on an 06? do they have flanges to bolt up to aftermarket exhaust?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
bRAZENLS2gOAt

2006 GTO Owner

subbing
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
Gagtoe
Honey Badger

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKatUPP...View Post
As of right now, there's nothing different that I can see. Except the injectors.

CK

Will the 04s have to switch over to the 05/06 style overflow setup?
On an internet forum, the written word is the sole means by which intelligence can be judged. If you butcher the language, particularly with ricer textspeak, you are, in my estimation, not worth engaging. If I can discourage you from being here, I will.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
gtoface

What he said. Bb t04 turbos at all?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
Jester
Race Car Driver

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Jester
What size is the BOV and wastegate? Also does this come with a digital controller or manual, or are you just using a wastegate spring? Also how far away from the turbo is the wastegate? or are you using 2 wastegates?

nvm, just saw the pictures and answered alot of my questions.

T6 Front Mount
Stock bottom end
10.13@135
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
CK@UPP

You don't have to. But we took a poll, and this decision was made. Mainly because it's MUCH easier to drill/tap an oil cap that you can remove from the car than it is to pull a pan. And if you ever convert back to factory, it's $5 to replace an oil cap...

The answer to your turbo question is above.

CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by posenheimer...View Post
Why do you need a return oil pump if they are top mount? Wouldn't they gravity drain back to the pan? I am so glad to see the kits hitting the market. Are these turbos Garretts then??

Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
CK@UPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintbaler1587...View Post
Is it possible to get ball bearing T-04B-SH turbos for those who aren't shooting for four digit horsepower, but still want the benefits of a ball bearing turbo?

As of right now, no. We really haven't noticed a huge difference between the BB and JB in terms of spool time. The only reason we offer it in the 6182 class is some people just want the prestige of BB turbos, as well the 35R is a very well known turbo. The amount of R&D that goes into making a turbo wouldn't justify the cost at this point.

CK
Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #16
CK@UPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsighted770...View Post
do the mid pipes dump at the factory location on an 06? do they have flanges to bolt up to aftermarket exhaust?

Becasue every exhaust is going to very slightly, and our DP's are 3" which not everyone has, we coppied the same concept from our Corvette kits. We end the DP with a V-Band Flange, and supply an additional V-band Flange and clamp that gets welded to your existing exhaust. Some people running 2.5 or 2.75" exhaust may need to make an adapter (easily done at any local exhaust shop). Same as the vettes, you mock it up, cut the exhaust where the DP's end, and weld on the V-Band flanges. And they are made with flex sections to allow some amount of variance.

CK
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
MIXEDBREED
10 sec all motor club

2006 GTO Owner

The BOV location is sweet lol. Looks nice. Makes me want to go out and get another gto.

1991 GMC syclone- bowtie block, 76mm turbo, 10's on real street radial tires n low boost. Dr's and 29 lbs going for 9's ( mine )

1991 GMC SYCLONE- Stock block, forged, 67mm bullseye batmo, vortec heads. also 10's (wifey ) 11's when she drives it- lower boost.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
Doric

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Y'all are SO going to hate me, but I gotta shut this down. Your username isn't red yet; contact AF and let them know. Our standard protocol is no red username, no thread.

I'm more than happy to restore it after I see your account status as a sponsor activated.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
Doric

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Mmm. Red.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
psychosooner
BOOMER SOONER!!!

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagtoe...View Post
Will the 04s have to switch over to the 05/06 style overflow setup?

I'm curious about this as well as the ECM location on the 04. What all is included in the battery relocate portion of the kit? Obviously proper fueling will have to be addressed as well. Any plans for that within the kit?

Last edited by psychosooner; 05-11-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Removed filter question
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
GTOJOE2
Decision, Decisions.

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to GTOJOE2
Just saw some of the pictures, and WOW, looks good guys.

Svede, Kooks 1 7/8, Catless, Stock 04 CB, TR224, 05/06 driveshaft, 3.91s, Hotchkis Sways, GMM, Russell, DBA, Carbotech, Aerofroce, Breyton Race GTS-AV

"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #22
psychosooner
BOOMER SOONER!!!

2004 GTO Owner

Before I forget. I don't see a MAF in the picture, relocated or SD tune?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
LS2-GTO
1 of 40,757

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Didn't see this.
I'm going to pretend this thread never happened.

<Hands over eyes>

2006 GTO - QSM - M6
Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #24
CK@UPP

MAF is right before the TB.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #25
psychosooner
BOOMER SOONER!!!

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
MAF is right before the TB.

Yeah, I don't need glasses or anything, really.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #26
MIXEDBREED
10 sec all motor club

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
As of right now, no. We really haven't noticed a huge difference between the BB and JB in terms of spool time. The only reason we offer it in the 6182 class is some people just want the prestige of BB turbos, as well the 35R is a very well known turbo. The amount of R&D that goes into making a turbo wouldn't justify the cost at this point.

CK

+1 A good JB turbo will spin just as fast or faster then a BB. Alot of people just want to say I have a BB turbo so they pay more for it lol. Crazy fast times and power numbers are being put out with the JB turbo's. And from what I understand the JB turbo's are easier to rebuild to.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
CK@UPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosooner...View Post
I'm curious about this as well as the ECM location on the 04. What all is included in the battery relocate portion of the kit? Obviously proper fueling will have to be addressed as well. Any plans for that within the kit?

From what I can tell, the manifolds and everthing should clear just fine. But im really looking for a local LS1 GTO to verify this.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #28
CK@UPP

Thr JB turbos are inexpensive enough theyre disposable. Last rebuild we had done was over $600 with all the machining and ballancing.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #29
Tardi
Banned

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Are cats provided?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #30
MannyLS2

2005 GTO Owner

^ why would there be cats.. my guess is no there aren't any cats.. my other guess is what's you see is what you get from the picture showing the kit. Plus it says what all comes with ti in first post.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: