Mantic 9000+ Twin Clutch Review - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Drivetrain

Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
rzuff

Mantic 9000+ Twin Clutch Review

I know this a Corvette but it works for GTO also and was a former owner of a 2004

Car 2003 C5 Z0z06
Motor C5R 7.0 Short Block Edelbrock 245 heads
Major Mod Vortech YSI Supercharger
Power 811 rwhp on a conservative dyno. More power coming soon!
Vette #16 for me with the majority of them modified

Summary About The Car
I picked this car up from A&A in 4/2011. It had a quite few quarks to work out. I finally had a fuel system upgrade after the car sat for the winter at Cunningham Motorsports till the Feb Trona Airstrip Event.
I drove the car from CMS to the Trona Airstrip event 178 miles each way plus the workout at the strip. You can see the feature here http://www.corvetteonline.com/featur...e-c5-z06/After that I drove the car to the paint shop and noticed thatís when the slipping started which I found out it was a RPS Twin that apparently couldnít hold the new power for long!

Review
I picked up the clutch from CMS a couple weeks ago. Due to their very busy schedule I ended up taking it to another shop that was local to me and so I could get it installed quickly

The first thing I noticed was the amazing suitcase clutch case. Iíve never seen anything like it and once opened up was very impressed by the attention to detail. The pressure plate and twin disc appear to be top notch workmanship and quality. I could not wait to have it installed

Unfortunately the guyís at the shop didnít have much time to take pictures of the install. They did say it went in perfectly and had zero issues. The primary part of their business is doing installations for the Shelby Cobra Kit cars for SU performance. My car was definitely one of the more inexpensive cars on the rack but surrounded by good company.

I start the car stick it into reverse and immediately surprised by how easy the clutch pedal feels. Then I do the release and start to engage almost immediately from letting off just a little off the floor. In the past I was going to put in an adjustable master I see no need now. The engagement is like stock and is so smooth. There is no on/off switch upshifts and downshifts are pretty much like an OEM car. There is no chatter and it makes a world of difference for the enjoyment of driving the car.

I still am surprised I am driving this crazy monster of a car with it being so smooth and easy to drive. My wife would have no problem driving this car yes she can drive a manual!I've had many brands of aftermarket clutch's and this is by far the best one I've ever had!

Thanks again to Mantic Clutch for making a fantastic product. I work for Australian Suspension Company myself and the Aussies really make some innovated unique automotive products.
Special thanks to forum sponsor CMS for getting me the clutch delivered.
Whiteline Strut Brace
Whiteline Suspension Bushings
Whiteline Swaybars
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #2