LS1GTO Forums banner

Cogged TVS2300 and 408-Complete Street Performance

13K views 62 replies 40 participants last post by  leong6gtp 
#1 · (Edited)
Took my GTO back to CSP so Andrew could work his magic once again.
Some things to note
-408ci built by AVAS
-TVS2300
-E85
-Speed density
-Stock throttle body
-243 heads with only a performance valve job and new stainless valves(valvetrain upgraded of course). Also milled to 63cc
I have a more complete list of mods here
I took a bunch of videos so I'll splice together a video with most of the runs on it and post it up later.

Things started out well put down 682/582 on first run
731/704 on second run
747/842 on the third

We did a good bit of runs after that as Andrew was being sure to not leave any rocks unturned. The power jumped up a good bit from the third run. All these runs were on a 2.8" jack shaft pulley. I was thinking I might switch to a 3" for on the street so I swapped the 2.8" to the 3" knowing I would make less power but oh well we'll see where that gets us.

After swapping the pulley to the 3" we got it to 728/786.
The final numbers with the 2.8" are 758/860 and we were pushing about 14psi or a little over(Andrew chime in if im off)

As seen in the dyno chart the wheels were spinning on the dyno and then got traction so the 860 may be skewed because of it hooking but it still makes a solid 800wtq. My father and I had to sit in the trunk of the car to make sure it didn't wheelspin any worse than it already was.
Here's the chart.

Andrew spent hours tuning it to make sure it was right with each pulley etc. Along with the street tuning. I had a great time as always with all my visits to CSP. My car always gets the time and attention it needs there. Apparently I'm the CSP dyno record holder ;).

VIDEO
Excuse the music if it's not your taste.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Crazy good numbers !!! Damn that must be fun to drive.

#16 ·
It's fun and scary at the same time lol. Thanks. Should hook a lot better with the hoosiers i have waiting.
Again, congrats. I'm sure those cogs sound awesome. Looking forward to the vid(s).
Thanks again. Yeah I love them they sound great and no slip is always good too! I'm putting together a video right now.
Congratulations, fantastic numbers. That has to be a handful on the street, I can't even imagine. I wish the only E85 station in my area wasn't twenty miles away in the wrong direction from work. Have fun.

Tony
I actually have a drum that I fill up at a station that sells E85. Thanks I sure will!
That TQ number is crazy!!! AWESOME!

Congrats on a very nice build.
Thank you sir. I didn't anticipate hitting this high!
Might wanna change what's under your name!

Got a dyno vid?
Haha yeah I know. I'm working on a video now. I have tons of videos to splice together but I'm going to pick some of the good ones.
like is said on fb...the amount of tq that thing makes early is mind boggling
Like I said on FB.. bring your a** over here for a ride! lol
Congrats. I guess you won't notice the extra weight of the iron block, lol. Imagine what that would've made with some really good heads and a 102mm tb? You'd be well into the 800 rwhp/900 rwtq. Although I can't imagine how you're gonna get all that power to the ground. Awesome.
Yeah you'd think it was made out of carbon fiber lol. I was thinking the same thing. If I had a 102 TB and a nice set of heads I'd be there in a flash! Crazy what you can accomplish on a stock TB and basically stock heads!
Very nice indeed! I'd love to bolt one of those on my 402.
You won't! :wall: :)
nice job Leonard. The thing is obviously an animal...be careful out there LOL.

Your valves are stainless Ferrea's btw, you mentioned Titanium...just wanted to point that out.

Good thing you have the good I beam rods btw.
Nice job to you as well, after all you did the 408! When I texted you the numbers your response was simply priceless lol "what?" . I'm going to keep it tame until I can get the new wheel/tires on, no getting sideways for me. Andrew almost killed us a few times on the street tune lol JK. And thanks I always keep forgetting what they were; I edited my first post to reflect that. I'm really glad I sprung for the I beams.
Grrr...I used to be the record holder with 703rwhp...:)

awesome build

Id like to see the car sometime, let me know next time you head up.
Ahh so it was you who had the 703 up there. Thanks man. On one of the runs it made 762whp but had less torque. I'd like to take a look at yours as well. I'll be back up there in a few weeks with my friend to have his car tuned but I'm not sure if I'll be bringing my car or just riding along with him. Do you go down to endless summer cruisin' in Ocean city by chance?
So when we were street tuning the first time I eased into the power in 4th gear it went sideways at somewhere around 65+ mph. There was a corvette next to us, but we pulled away from it fast... doubt he was going to try anything anyway lol.

Then when we finally got to an area with no cars on the road I gave her some throttle and we went sideways HARD at around 50-60 mph in 4th gear. It was more than a handful... at least two handfuls to say the least.

Finally we got a good run from 4th gear, 75 mph to 130 mph.... which took only 5.6 seconds with a slight incline on the road.

This car is absolutely insane. In fact its so insane, it makes me NOT want this kind of power in my corvette anymore lol.
That was sure a blast. That was the most exciting street tune to say the least lol. I didn't want to go back yet! Thanks again for all the effort you put into this beast Andrew! Just wait.....You'll end up magnacharging that vette of yours, you wont be able to resist!
Dont be a puss.
Such a way with words, I nearly spat out my drink when I read that!
Nice Build OP Great numbers!!
Thanks!
Very nice, be careful and enjoy :)
Thank you and that I will! Oh yeah and I'll be careful too I guess :pimp:

#4 ·
Congratulations, fantastic numbers. That has to be a handful on the street, I can't even imagine. I wish the only E85 station in my area wasn't twenty miles away in the wrong direction from work. Have fun.

Tony

#12 ·

Tony
So when we were street tuning the first time I eased into the power in 4th gear it went sideways at somewhere around 65+ mph. There was a corvette next to us, but we pulled away from it fast... doubt he was going to try anything anyway lol.

Then when we finally got to an area with no cars on the road I gave her some throttle and we went sideways HARD at around 50-60 mph in 4th gear. It was more than a handful... at least two handfuls to say the least.

Finally we got a good run from 4th gear, 75 mph to 130 mph.... which took only 5.6 seconds with a slight incline on the road.

This car is absolutely insane. In fact its so insane, it makes me NOT want this kind of power in my corvette anymore lol.

#6 ·
Might wanna change what's under your name!

Got a dyno vid?

#8 ·
Congrats. I guess you won't notice the extra weight of the iron block, lol. Imagine what that would've made with some really good heads and a 102mm tb? You'd be well into the 800 rwhp/900 rwtq. Although I can't imagine how you're gonna get all that power to the ground. Awesome.

#11 ·
Andrew spent hours tuning it to make sure it was right with each pulley etc. Along with the street tuning. I had a great time as always with all my visits to CSP. My car always gets the time and attention it needs there. Apparently I'm the CSP dyno record holder ;).
Grrr...I used to be the record holder with 703rwhp...:)

awesome build

Id like to see the car sometime, let me know next time you head up.

#26 · (Edited)
Thanks broski! haha
Are you telling me that I dont need a 454 and a 2300 to make those numbers? :wall:
I see what you did there lol.
Congrats man!!! I will be trying to make around mid 650s with the M122, I am glad you got everything how you wanted it, we need some vids now :)
Thanks John. I dont doubt that 650 number those 122s are no joke. CHA-LEE is making like 670 with his. Mine made 640wtq before I got the 2300.
You don't even need a 408 or a 2300 heh heh

Congrats on the new found power OP.
Thanks Art!
It will be a little while before I can drive mine again. My 400 mile forged bottom ended blew up. #7 rod got pissed at the block and took everything with it.

I go to endless summer cruisin' every year and don't plan on missing it this year.
whew sorry to hear man. who built that motor? That's a shame. Hopefully you can get back up and running soon. And cool I go down each time so we'll have to meet up. This year I'm putting my forum name on my car in painters tape lol.
Holy crap, awesome numbers
Thank you!
Just awesome, what a great setup.

Is it done lol or should I say is it ever done. Any chance you have some videos, idealing, fly buys, anything to see this monster in action.
Idk some heads might fall into the equation at some point later on :). I'm uploading a video now.
Couple questions...

What size injectors did you go with?
Any pictures of the engine bay setup?
I am curious of the advantages disadvantages of this E85. I have heard you lose about 40% on your gas mileage. My gas mileage on my Procharged 408 is awful now, I could not imagine how it would be with the E85.
I have resized ls9s sized to 87lbs. They are just enough for my set up. However I can manipulate flow rates a bit by adjusting my regulator. I chose E85 for all the extra power you can make on it. And the fact that it burns nice and clean. The loss in gas mileage is offset by it's lower price. I paid 3.29 a gallon for it when I filled up while 93 was 3.9X. I've got a picture in the video I'm uploading. There's more in here http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448099

#19 ·
Congrats man!!! I will be trying to make around mid 650s with the M122, I am glad you got everything how you wanted it, we need some vids now :)

#21 ·
Meth kit....

#23 ·
Holy crap, awesome numbers

#25 ·
Couple questions...

What size injectors did you go with?
Any pictures of the engine bay setup?
I am curious of the advantages disadvantages of this E85. I have heard you lose about 40% on your gas mileage. My gas mileage on my Procharged 408 is awful now, I could not imagine how it would be with the E85.

#27 ·
Video-- Excuse the music if it's not your taste.

#30 ·
That's awesome dude!

Great numbers!

#31 ·
God I can't wait until Andy builds me a motor.

I am going to start calling him "The Mad Scientist"

It is hard to find a guy like him and we should feel fortunate that he offers his services. Most shops just fuck you over financially and/or do a horrible job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.