Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > South Western

Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
georgetek
Riding solo

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

RET Dyno Day Sat Dec.1

Racers Edge Tuning Dyno Day Saturday Dec.1 at 9am-4pm $40 for 3 pulls. A few of us Goat's will be attending if anyone else is interested.

8107 Phlox St
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 622-2508
http://goo.gl/maps/U3vxW

George

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
neverend3r

2006 GTO Owner

Let me know what time you go because I live very close and can come hang out for a bit. No pulls for me though.

H-Pipe,Flowmaster Super 44's, MM CF SAP Grilles, Cold Air Inductions Intake
MM CF Lip Spoiler, WCS CF Splitter, Clear Side Markers, Billet Arrowhead
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
JNR
Quidditas

2004 GTO Owner

That's down the street and always wanted to check out that place...GTO is stock so not going to dyno it, although base numbers would be nice (even if they are the lowest of the bunch lol)
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
1971 Chevy Malibu "383" <--need to get this back together!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
georgetek
Riding solo

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

A baseline is always good. I'm going to shoot for 9am.

George
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
CGMike

2006 GTO Owner

Ill be there. Im bringing a few friends as well. One with a Saleen and the other with a 300ZX TT.

Current Other Cars:
03 SV650
59 VW Bug
11 BMW 135 < FOR SALE!!!
06 WRX
03 Dakota R/T

www.etsy.com/shop/pawliciouspets
Pet beds, blankets, and toys.

WTB: DuSpeed
Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
BlueGoat06
HPT Street Tuner

2006 GTO Owner

Hey George, I'll see if i can bring some the G8 folks as well, although i doubt i'll see more than 2-3 G8's on the same day, don't know where everybody is, but it's really tough to get the G8 crowd moving together., Do you guys have plans to caravan over there at all ? I'm coming from Rancho Santa Margarita, so i can go through the 5 or 405, let me know.

2009 Pontiac G8GT
Comp 223/230 .610/.608 112+0 | Rotofab CAI | LS7 MAF |102 mm MAF Housing | 1 3/4 LT's | 2.5" Full Custom Catback |Magnaflow X | Magnaflow Mufflers | Yank SS 3200 stall | Deep Sump 6L80e Pan Kit | B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
HPT Street Tuned

Sold 2006 Pontiac GTO M6
TSP 228R 112 LSA | SW LT Headers O/R pipe | LPE CAI | Magnapack Mufflers | Magnaflow X pipe | RPM Stage 4 T56 | LS7 Clutch | BMR DS Safety Loop | BMR Skid Plate | BMR Air Bags | HPT Street Tuned
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Darko
Burn-n-out

Thanks for posting this! I was just about to make a new thread.

More info:

SoCal's Finest Performance Tuning/Installation for ALL Fords & GMs. Not only do they provide high quality service, they also have an outstanding reputation, knowledge, and great customer service. This is a business that has thrived off of great customer service.

DYNO DAY INFO:

Place: Racers Edge Tuning (RET)

Date: December 1st (12/1/12)

Time: 9am-4pm

Address: 8107 Phlox St, Downey, CA 90241

Cost is $40 for 3 pulls. An extra $5 with an Air/fuel print out. All cars are welcome as long as it’s a 2 wheel drive car. It will be first come first serve with a sign up list at the shop when you arrive. Last dyno day in April we had over 50 cars come out ranging from Mustangs, Vettes, Gto's, Camaro's, Etc.. and alot of great RWHP numbers. I believe the top dog was a 700+rwhp Cobra. Im hoping someone can bring something out this time to top that. ;-)

Greg is the owner of Racers Edge Tuning. He has been tuning for the last eleven years and has been in business for eight years. His shop tunes with HP Tuner,s FAST, Big Stuff3, and SCT and he has also been tuning with HP Tuner for the last seven years. People that know him will tell you that he loves what he does, and it’s still a hobby. He will always be into racing; it’s not something he does just to make a buck. “I know a lot of people know me for building/tuning lots of Fast Fords, but we also do a bunch of GM stuff. I have four full time employees, three being heavy line. I own 2 Dynojet224 in ground dyno's along with a DTS engine dyno. We have 5 lifts, stock many parts.”-Greg Monroe

Racers Edge Tuning - Automotive - Downey, CA | Facebook

If you have any other questions you can call his shop directly at (562) 622-2508 or reach Greg by email at GREG@RACERSEDGETUNING.NET

Look forward to seeing you guys out there this December! :beer:
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
georgetek
Riding solo

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoat06...View Post
Hey George, I'll see if i can bring some the G8 folks as well, although i doubt i'll see more than 2-3 G8's on the same day, don't know where everybody is, but it's really tough to get the G8 crowd moving together., Do you guys have plans to caravan over there at all ? I'm coming from Rancho Santa Margarita, so i can go through the 5 or 405, let me know.

We don't have any plans to caravan. Most people that said they are going seem to live near that area. I'll be coming up from the 405 to 605 so probably will just meet everyone there. G8's are a tough crowd eh? Not much different than the GTO crowd.

George
Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
JNR
Quidditas

2004 GTO Owner

Hmmm, this does sound more and more tempting. Just sounds like it'll be quite the wait

btw - what time you guys planning on getting there? More I think about this, more it sounds like I'll go ahead and do it for a baseline figure...plus be good to meet some new folks. I was thinking 10:30?

Last edited by JNR; 11-27-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
georgetek
Riding solo

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I should be there between 9-9:30. I would get there early and put your name on the list otherwise you might be waiting a while.

George
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
GT0FAST

2006 GTO Owner

Ill probably be there as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
JNR
Quidditas

2004 GTO Owner

Yeah, getting there a little earlier is probably not a bad idea. If it doesn't rain, I'm going to try to make it over there regardless, to check things out; if it does, not sure. I'm real tempted to try a dyno, as it would be a nice thing to have, but the water heater fiasco put a damper on things this week, lol. we'll see...the price is real good for sure.

If I go, hopefully see some of you guys there...I have the dirty purple one (darn rain).
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #13
tripower
Twin Goats...40 yrs apart!!

2005 GTO Owner

Looks like 3 GTOs went on the rollers today. Of the two I didn't see run I recall the posted numbers being around 470 hp for one and like 308 for the other. (Guessing these two were CGMike and JNR from posts above) JNR - I saw an 04 Cosmos Purple when I showed up...guessing that was you. I drove my G8.

There was a BOM 06 with a Maggie on it that went on the rollers in the later afternoon whe I was at RET. It made 460 and at idle sounded very close to stock. Stealthy...
1965 GTO - 439CI Poncho (440 hp/510 tq), 3 2bbl carbs (Tripower!), M4, Pro-Touring treatment (13"/12" brakes, fast ratio PS, tubular control arms, Global West suspension, etc.), 18" AR TT2 Classic wheels
2005 GTO - CGM, M6 - Chrome lug nuts and tire valve caps; EE Catch Can; Revenge Designs Spoiler; JBA shorties; Tuned by Advanced Dyno; GMM Street
2009 G8 GT - Maverick Silver, A6 - Red/Onyx interior - Chrome lugs, VG sharkfin

GTO: "A device for shrinking Time and Distance..."

Last edited by tripower; 12-02-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
georgetek
Riding solo

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower...View Post
Looks like 3 GTOs went on the rollers today. Who's were they and what were your HP/TQ numbers? Of the two I didn't see run I recall the posted numbers being 470 hp for one and 308 for the other. (Guessing these two were CGMike and JNR from posts above) JNR - I saw an 04 Cosmos Purple when I showed up...guessing that was you. I drove my G8.

There was a BOM 06 with a Maggie on it that went on the rollers in the later afternoon whe I was at RET. It made 460 and at idle sounded very close to stock. Stealthy...

I saw 5 GTO's there in the morning. CGMike(CGM), Rich(YJ), neverend3r(CGM), ocgoat(PBM), and myself(PBM). CGMike put down 495hp and Rich put down the 308/319. The other 3 of us did not run just there to hang out. Also saw BlueGoat06 there. Most of us had already left by lunch time though so I didn't get to see any of the afternoon Goats.

George
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
tripower
Twin Goats...40 yrs apart!!

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetek...View Post
I saw 5 GTO's there in the morning. CGMike(CGM), Rich(YJ), neverend3r(CGM), ocgoat(PBM), and myself(PBM). CGMike put down 495hp and Rich put down the 308/319. The other 3 of us did not run just there to hang out. Also saw BlueGoat06 there. Most of us had already left by lunch time though so I didn't get to see any of the afternoon Goats.

George

The numbers I saw on the board were Mike's and Rich's then. Was the YJ a stock 04 with auto? The BOM 06 I mentioned showed up late in the afternoon so you guys wouldn't have seen it and the Cosmos 04 must not have run and was just watching. I threw my G8 on the rollers and it did a best of 306/326. Not too bad for bone stock...
Old 12-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
JNR
Quidditas

2004 GTO Owner

Yeah, that was me (Cosmos 04), but I only was there maybe a half hour, watching a few cars and checking out the shop. When I first parked, I saw the officer talking to some people about illegal parking or something.

Was going to run it on the dyno, but did get there a little late and there were about 13 cars in front of me, so didn't sign up...was nice watching the others (didn't catch any GTO's or G8's or even GM's for that matter though), although was hard to see the screen on what people were putting out...Be interesting to find out what she's putting out, although probably not a whole lot being a basically stock 04. Runs pretty good though and has low miles, so not complaining...I just don't know if I want to keep it mostly stock, or plan for 'mods', although at the rate of luck i have, it'll be a long time, lol.

I think I remember seeing your G8 down the road driving, although can't recall if that was shortly after I arrived, or before I left.

As I pulled up, I saw a yellow GTO leaving and a black one with looked to be gunmetal multi-spoke wheels leave shortly afterward.

Did meet up with Ethan (OCGoat) and we Bs'd for a bit and finally got to see his procharger...must be nice Shame I missed you other guys, but that's what I get for not going earlier, lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
georgetek
Riding solo

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower...View Post
The numbers I saw on the board were Mike's and Rich's then. Was the YJ a stock 04 with auto? The BOM 06 I mentioned showed up late in the afternoon so you guys wouldn't have seen it and the Cosmos 04 must not have run and was just watching. I threw my G8 on the rollers and it did a best of 306/326. Not too bad for bone stock...

The YJ is an M6 stock except for a KN and cat back. Not too bad! Just a tad higher than a stock Ls1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNR...View Post
Yeah, that was me (Cosmos 04), but I only was there maybe a half hour, watching a few cars and checking out the shop. When I first parked, I saw the officer talking to some people about illegal parking or something.

Was going to run it on the dyno, but did get there a little late and there were about 13 cars in front of me, so didn't sign up...was nice watching the others (didn't catch any GTO's or G8's or even GM's for that matter though), although was hard to see the screen on what people were putting out...Be interesting to find out what she's putting out, although probably not a whole lot being a basically stock 04. Runs pretty good though and has low miles, so not complaining...I just don't know if I want to keep it mostly stock, or plan for 'mods', although at the rate of luck i have, it'll be a long time, lol.

I think I remember seeing your G8 down the road driving, although can't recall if that was shortly after I arrived, or before I left.

As I pulled up, I saw a yellow GTO leaving and a black one with looked to be gunmetal multi-spoke wheels leave shortly afterward.

Did meet up with Ethan (OCGoat) and we Bs'd for a bit and finally got to see his procharger...must be nice Shame I missed you other guys, but that's what I get for not going earlier, lol.

Yep that was Rich and I just leaving. Downey PD came by and started ticketing everyone who was parked at the end of the street so a lot of people left. I would have stayed longer but Rich was pissed about his ticket and we were hungry so we went to eat.

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: