NOVA meets? - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
mtarr07

NOVA meets?

Hey everyone! I don't have a GTO but have been around them for a while and also am just a general car enthusiast. I was wondering if there are any meets in the area/ Sunday "spirited" drives?

Maybe 1/4 mile track meets in the spring? (Are there any 1/4 mile tracks open in the winter? I'm not sure)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
srtwhat

2006 GTO Owner

Sunday there are cars and coffee in Fairoaks at starbucks

2006 Torrid Red M6

76mm Turbo kit made by Broadview Automotive |CTS-V 4pot Front Brakes | Gloss Black Stock 18s

388 whp/388wtq

2001 Accord- Beater
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
sandu002

2006 GTO Owner

There is also a cars and coffee on saturday morning in Great Falls. Google for details.
Kaaz diff, Harrop cover, Kircher spoiler
112HH Maggie, w 60's
ECS Tensioner
2.6" Pulley - Pulley Boys
Formato ported TB, LPE CAI
Monster stage 4 clutch
Magnaflow exhaust w h/f cats & midpipe
Hurst shifter
245/40/18 (F&R)
Banshee gauge pod
1/4 = 11.82 @121 mph
518 rwhp 533 rwtq @ 9 psi
EFI tune - Behe Performance
DBA T3's, Hawk HP+ (st) DTC60 (trk)
Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
khaotic

car meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarr07...View Post
Hey everyone! I don't have a GTO but have been around them for a while and also am just a general car enthusiast. I was wondering if there are any meets in the area/ Sunday "spirited" drives?

Maybe 1/4 mile track meets in the spring? (Are there any 1/4 mile tracks open in the winter? I'm not sure)

For Nothern Va region their are check out Novastreetscene they usual have a meet every week or other week all cars import domestic doesnt matter usually big turn outs

Last edited by khaotic; 12-07-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
mtarr07

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtwhat...View Post
Sunday there are cars and coffee in Fairoaks at starbucks

I thought only exotics and super expensive cars show up to these though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandu002...View Post
There is also a cars and coffee on saturday morning in Great Falls. Google for details.

Same as above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic...View Post
For Nothern Va region their are check out Novastreetsceen they usual have a meet every week or other week all cars import domestic doesnt matter usually big turn outs

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

I guess I was looking for something a little less formal. For example, on Thursday nights, a handful of Subbie owners (like 8 of us usually) meet at Clydes in Tysons from like 7:30pm to as late as 1am (or whenever people leave). I only go to about every third one, but we dont even talk cars usually. Just a group of random people having a good time (age range is early 20's to early 40's).
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
srtwhat

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:

Same as above.

I guess I was looking for something a little less formal. For example, on Thursday nights, a handful of Subbie owners (like 8 of us usually) meet at Clydes in Tysons from like 7:30pm to as late as 1am (or whenever people leave). I only go to about every third one, but we dont even talk cars usually. Just a group of random people having a good time (age range is early 20's to early 40's).

The sunday meets are less exotic and more of just any sports cars , really laid back . Also its Novastreetscene lol , we use to have weekly meets but since its cold we meet up random , and its usually all friends but your welcome to join ........... Monday night there is a hardtimes meet still in springfield but they is slowly getting shut down and people also meet up Tuesday nights at velocity 5 in centreville and Friday nights at chik fila in sterling but I dunno how big these meets are since it is getting cold.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
sandu002

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:

Same as above.

Wrong. Anything and everything shows up. I have been there in my '06, '65 & 69 GTO's.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
myred2004gto
Capitol City GTO's

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

You can also try the Burger King out on Rt-28 in Manassas by the Airport on Saturday's. They are out there when the weather is nice even through the winter, as long as its sunny and dry.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #9
mtarr07

Quote:
The sunday meets are less exotic and more of just any sports cars , really laid back . Also its Novastreetscene lol , we use to have weekly meets but since its cold we meet up random , and its usually all friends but your welcome to join ........... Monday night there is a hardtimes meet still in springfield but they is slowly getting shut down and people also meet up Tuesday nights at velocity 5 in centreville and Friday nights at chik fila in sterling but I dunno how big these meets are since it is getting cold.

What is "Novastreetscene"? I'd be down for meeting up with you guys sometime. I prefer to hang out somewhere, maybe grab some grub and just BS. I'm not a fan of these high school dropout "car meets" that consist of civics and riced out 2003 350z's because they are now affordable. Looking for some working professionals that are also into cars is what I'm getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandu002...View Post
Wrong. Anything and everything shows up. I have been there in my '06, '65 & 69 GTO's.

Gotchya. Like I said, I didn't know. I've seen vid's of them on youtube and there are always of exotics/ garage queens/ awesomesauce cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myred2004gto...View Post
You can also try the Burger King out on Rt-28 in Manassas by the Airport on Saturday's. They are out there when the weather is nice even through the winter, as long as its sunny and dry.

I might try that out when the weather gets nicer. Again, I'm not really looking for a parking lot meet. I'm trying to meet some other car enthusiats who aren't 16 years old but at the same time, drive their cars (I'm all for garage queens or track cars if you'll drive them but if you have a 2005 mustang GT with 348 orginial miles, we probably wont have much in common).
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
XKorematsu
What the hell's a gigawatt?"

2006 GTO Owner

I showed up to the Cars and Coffee in Great Falls a few weekends back. My car was getting more looks than the exotics (as I rolled through that is). Once it was parked I dont think anyone paid attention haha.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
Unclassified
:tish:

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKorematsu...View Post
I showed up to the Cars and Coffee in Great Falls a few weekends back. My car was getting more looks than the exotics (as I rolled through that is). Once it was parked I dont think anyone paid attention haha.

who the smurf does this guy think he is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzguy...View Post
...oppertunity ...

212-479-7990
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
myred2004gto
Capitol City GTO's

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:

I might try that out when the weather gets nicer. Again, I'm not really looking for a parking lot meet. I'm trying to meet some other car enthusiats who aren't 16 years old but at the same time, drive their cars (I'm all for garage queens or track cars if you'll drive them but if you have a 2005 mustang GT with 348 orginial miles, we probably wont have much in common).

They dont start rolling in until around 700PM(16yr old's and ricer's). Most of the car's You will see there during the day are just that, car's that do get driven. Old, new and in between and most of the guys there are into car's, but You will run into a few that are ass hats. Oh and the Mustang owner is he Your neighbor,,,,
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #13
Unclassified

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

lol who garages a mustang gt?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #14
mtarr07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishkevich...View Post
lol who garages a mustang gt?

Its a joke. Thats what I mean though. I've been to parking lot meets where its 16 year olds with no front bumpers and a FMIC thats hooked up to NOTHING and then on the other side you have old guys with their bone stock 2005 mustang gt preaching how it's so much faster than cars in the 80's and how they get "into so much trouble" with it when 1. its slow and 2. it has less than 1000 miles so they don't even drive it.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
srtwhat

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
What is "Novastreetscene"? I'd be down for meeting up with you guys sometime. I prefer to hang out somewhere, maybe grab some grub and just BS. I'm not a fan of these high school dropout "car meets" that consist of civics and riced out 2003 350z's because they are now affordable. Looking for some working professionals that are also into cars is what I'm getting at.

A local forum that was created by another GTO owner and I ....Most of the members on the forum have nicer cars and are older . Cars range from GTOs to GTRs to TTC6s

Last edited by srtwhat; 12-11-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
Unclassified

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

LOL, yeah. I stopped going to weekly events after highschool because I realized they're rarely anything but that.. highschool events.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
srtwhat

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
They dont start rolling in until around 700PM(16yr old's and ricer's). Most of the car's You will see there during the day are just that, car's that do get driven. Old, new and in between and most of the guys there are into car's, but You will run into a few that are ass hats. Oh and the Mustang owner is he Your neighbor,,,,

they got kicked out I heard and not allowed back
Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #18
srtwhat

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tishkevich...View Post
LOL, yeah. I stopped going to weekly events after highschool because I realized they're rarely anything but that.. highschool events.

yea I agree but it is nice to have a weekly time to meet up with other car people and bullshit and grab some dinner
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #19
Ol' Yeller
Vtec

2006 GTO Owner

Velocity 5 in Centreville tonight

2005 PBM M12
APS TT
Coilovers
Monaro Conversion
VMR
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
mtarr07

Quote:
yea I agree but it is nice to have a weekly time to meet up with other car people and bullshit and grab some dinner

Yes, this is exactly what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Yeller...View Post

Darnit. I wish I checked this more often. I obviously missed it; I'm going to shoot you a PM for next time.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
myred2004gto
Capitol City GTO's

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:

Guess I missed this one too. So maybe I need to bring back the "Christmas lights tour". We hit Velocity 5 first and then cruise out too the lights. The only problem is we only have the 21st/22nd and the 29th/30th left to do this.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
Ol' Yeller
Vtec

2006 GTO Owner

The Velocity 5 is pretty cool, it's mostly imports that were there but it would be a good place for us to meet up and get something to eat or have a beer and bull shit. They have some good areas in the back with couches and TVs that we could use as a group.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
myred2004gto
Capitol City GTO's

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
The Velocity 5 is pretty cool, it's mostly imports that were there but it would be a good place for us to meet up and get something to eat or have a beer and bull shit. They have some good areas in the back with couches and TVs that we could use as a group.

Yeah, I've been there a couple of time's and it was a nice place when I was there. Havent been there when car groups are just hanging out, except they held a car show there over the summer and it was pretty cool then too.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #24
mtarr07

Quote:
Guess I missed this one too. So maybe I need to bring back the "Christmas lights tour". We hit Velocity 5 first and then cruise out too the lights. The only problem is we only have the 21st/22nd and the 29th/30th left to do this.

I'd be down. Let me know if this happens. Feel free to PM too.

Quote:

Yeah, I'd be down for that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: