05/06 gto mp112 to 04 gto - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Forced Induction

Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

Lightbulb 05/06 gto mp112 to 04 gto

So I'm mid-process in converting a 2006 gto mp112 kit to fit my 2004. I would just like to share what I had to change in order to get it to work. I couldn't find a concentric thread that detailed everything so I decided to make my own. I will post pics when I get my hands on my g/f's camera haha.

Here's what I've done so far:

1). I needed to swap out the ls2 snout on the mp112 to an ls1 snout, I torqued the 4 bolts to 25 ft/lbs. It is necessary to use a metric crescent wrench on the 2 bottom bolts if you don't feel like taking the jack shaft and fuel rails off. The old snout will still be attached fairly well. So it is a good idea to put some towels or T shirts on the snout and tap it with a mallet to "gently" knock it off. (Don't forget a tb gasket)

2). The injectors, as far as I can tell, have ford ev1 to ev2 connector adapters for the ls2 injectors, to work on the ls1 all I had to do was pop them off with a flathead screwdriver.

3). The cable driven throttle body on a 2004 needs a bracket mounted to the side of the mp112 to hold the throttle cable. I torqued the 2 bolts to 25 ft/lbs. The bolts that fit were m8x1.25x12mm. I had to remove the jackshaft to get to these bolts :\

4). The valley plate is totally different on an ls1 gto, so I had to order a 2004 gto specific one from magnacharger. This plate has the mounts for the knock sensors and no vacuum line connector. *MAKE SURE you get the assembly instead of the just the plate. The assembly comes with the O rings and some very hard to find hex screws (lucky I got the assembly!). They are flathead torx screws, measurement is m8x1.25x25mm, there are 10 of them.

5). The metallic coolant crossover line between the heads was different. I had to order one from magnacharger. Not worth 200 bones imho, but what can ya do?

I will continue to add more and post pictures as I progress.

"Well then, what's your GTO?"

"My Hammer."

Last edited by The Mighty Pony Goat; 12-13-2012 at 09:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Steel Chicken
L33T IT Direktor, Excel PhD

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

You've got just about all of it at this point. I've never done a conversion swap but I've installed more than I can count.

Quote:
Justice is swift and unfair in the eyes of those who don't know shit. - tmiller

Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

6). The coolant lines have to be routed the same as they are on a 2005/06 gto instead of the wrap around style of the 04. They both exit the same side of the splash guard instead. I'm not 100% on why they changed this. Whatever, makes my life easier haha.

*7). As a side note instead of the stupid fuse-tap that comes with the kit I went to my local autoparts store and bought a fuse-plug adapter that looks quite a bit cleaner for $3. It is now plug n play if I ever decide to install it on another car (unlikely :P ).

Last edited by The Mighty Pony Goat; 12-10-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Duchess
Reloading newb

2004 GTO Owner

It's all coming back to me from last summer.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
S!LVER_GOAT

2005 GTO Owner

is there any difference in power between the one you converted and the one thats meant for the ls1?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Duchess
Reloading newb

2004 GTO Owner

Tb is smaller, as is the snout. Aside from that there really isn't a huge difference in between the two.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S!LVER_GOAT...View Post
is there any difference in power between the one you converted and the one thats meant for the ls1?

There shouldn't be much of a power difference if one at all. In fact it should be almost identical to one manufactured with the ls1 in mind. With the ls2 stock 2.8 in pulley I'll pick up a few horses over the standard mp112 2.9 pulley for the ls1. Since the same amount of air into smaller displacement causes (you guessed it :P) more boost!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
johnwins
SSgt @ USAF Hunger Games2K14

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Pony Goat...View Post
There shouldn't be much of a power difference if one at all. In fact it should be almost identical to one manufactured with the ls1 in mind. With the ls2 stock 2.8 in pulley I'll pick up a few horses over the standard mp112 2.9 pulley for the ls1. Since the same amount of air into smaller displacement causes (you guessed it :P) more boost!

This should be about 1/2 to 1 pound of extra boost than the stock pulley.

Intake/Exhaust/Boltons/Maggie/Monster/MGW-P/Gforce-Everything/HPTuners
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #9
NasbaGoat

2004 GTO Owner

Idk how much the snout was but you could have gotten a Non-Sponsor tb and kept the larger ls2 inlet.

558/582 @12PSI
What up next to break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Goat...View Post
At least the cat didn't pee on your toothbrush...

Last edited by NasbaGoat; 12-11-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
johnwins
SSgt @ USAF Hunger Games2K14

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasbaGoat...View Post
Idk how much the snout was but you could have gotten a Non-Sponsor tb and kept the larger ls2 inlet.

Sometimes I forget the 04s have a 78MM TB. Just doing the 90MM TB is a easy 15rwhp.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasbaGoat...View Post

It was cheaper to just buy the snout than it was to buy the TB. Believe me, I looked into it. Plus I can just sell the ls2 snout later and get the $100 back I paid. But yeah, the ls2 inlet is gigantic compared to the ls1 haha.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #12
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

So I ran into some weirdness with the power steering overflow reservoir bracket. I had to do some creative bending to get it out of the way in order to mount the supercharger. I also had to bend the evap purge solenoid connector (the metallic one on the firewall) way out of the way of the rear fuel rail on the supercharger to get it to fit.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #13
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

So I completely derfed and did not realize the positive terminal connector on the coolant pump needed a 15 amp fuse haha. It took me several days to figure out what was wrong. I'm getting it tuned this week. I also started it and immediately fouled 2 of the plugs the other day.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
The Mighty Pony Goat
Bear Wrestler

2004 GTO Owner

I got the car tuned today. I'm running out of fuel pressure above 5000 rpm even with my deutchwerks 265lph. (I have siemens 60# injectors) I'm going to install the magnavolt I have from the 06 installation to see if I can get the pressure back up. It is an absolute blast to drive. BEWARE! all 350z owners haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: