LS1GTO Forums banner

14" rotors with Cts-V 4 piston front Calipers Bolt-on Bracket

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Afroman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I know you're all probably just about had enough of these CTS-V brembo bracket threads (this is my 4th one), but here is another go I had at it. This time I am utilizing the 355mm (14") 2010+ Camaro SS/ 2008-2009 g8 GXP rotor (like with my 6 piston setup) and the 4 piston front brembos. The 14" rotor is what the CTSV1 uses originally from the factory as its brake disc rotor Diameter. For this bracket I was utlizing a Camaro front brembo caliper which is the same as the ctsv1 but has m14 mounting threads instead of ctsv1 m12, its just a matter of drilling different holes in the bracket to switch from one to ther other. Benefits of this rotor/caliper combo is that the exact factory spec is being replicated with the rotor size diameter along with the 32mm rotor grasp thickness.
The camaro/gxp rotors utilize a smaller hub clearance diameter, so that had to be modified to accomodate the gto hub:

As you can see in the image that gxp/camaro rotor hub ring is 67.4MM (2.654") whilst the VE/GTO is 71.4MM (2.811") , so I ended opening it up to 73.65MM (2.900") for extra clearance, this can be done in little time Via lathe or by grinding/porting bits, so its something someone could do in their garage or any place that turns rotors can do as well.
Next the gxp/camaro has larger wheel mounting studs than the GTO (m14 vs m12), which mean larger bolt holes in the rotor to clear them. so I designed special bushings to make up for it so the rotor sits in there as if it was a factory GTO rotor, I also made them shorter than the rotor mounting flange so they sit below or are flushed in by the wheel:

After that it was a matter of installing the bracket and caliper:

had to use a spacer to hold everything in since the RAYS nuts were too short themselves, Everything lines up oem style:

quick spin test:

Stock 18's pretty much bolt in fine without a spacer, it was a close tight fit but they fit.

See less See more
#2 ·

This is probably a big bang for buck when utilized with ctsv calipers since GM is selling them dirt cheap.
P/N's:
25750250 front right ctsv1 brembo caliper with pads
25750249 front leftt ctsv1 brembo caliper with pads
89047727 front right ctsv1 brembo caliper with out pads
89047726 front left ctsv1 brembo caliper with out pads
Thanks for looking, any speculations/input much appreciated.

#4 · (Edited)
Both the 6 & 4 piston fronts and the 4 piston rear mounting kits are being sold at

www.bohnmancustoms.com

Damian

#5 ·
They are undeleting threads now. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.