Anyone want to sell stock catalytic converter ? - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > North Western

Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
dlively11

2005 GTO Owner

Anyone want to sell stock catalytic converter ?

Drivers side just broke loose and is clunking around. Thought about just gutting the cats or getting JBA mids since with FI it is supposed to make a pretty big difference.

Newest ride; Porsche Cayenne Turbo

New ride; 06 PBM 35K miles Maggie 112 / 2.6 pulley 9 PSI / JBA shorties / X pipe /3 inch exhaust to Magnaflows
BC coilovers / Hotchkis F/R Sway bars / Endlinks / Bushings / built A4 tranny / 2800 stall / 11.8 with 1.8x 60 ft hot lapping.

05 300C Hemi stock 14.3@98 MPH 2.2 60 ft =?(

05 GTO A4 IBM
01 GTP 3.8 turbo
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
UltraViolence
CGM Mafia

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlively11...View Post
Drivers side just broke loose and is clunking around. Thought about just gutting the cats or getting JBA mids since with FI it is supposed to make a pretty big difference.

Its useless to keep the stock cats with FI. You'll just blow through them again, in short time. I went through two sets of stock cats before I switched over to catless mids. Best thing I ever did. You'll feel the instant gains with the restriction gone.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
americanbdass
NCG

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I have a pair of 05/06 mids I can sell, if you want them.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
xtaspeed05
Abracadabra Holmes

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I went to the jba catted mids and they blew out on me for some reason after about 3000 miles... I then just had them gutted and it sounds so much better but you do have deal with a little bit of the raw gas smell.. I dont mind it and the gains are worth it.

"Let's see if these bastards can do 90..."

2005 gto MBM M6 1 of 566

Stock~315/317~13.35@104.85~2.09 60'

Go Fast-Vararam|Ported Intake & T.b.|Jba shorties w/gutted cats|Tq.V2 cam 113lsa|Asp udp|LS7 clutch|Lss|S.S. clutch line|X-pipe|4" magnapacks|Dyno tuned|420/393

Show-Sap front fascia & grill's|Klearz markers|06 tails|Jhp V1 lip spoiler|18X8.5 ADR's

Best E.T.
1/8 mile~7.74@92.13
1/4 mile~11.99@115.46~1.82 60'on Nitto Dr's~D.A. 250ft.
Best 60ft. 1.78
Curb weight ~ 3620lbs.

Last edited by xtaspeed05; 12-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
06BOM6
Mmm BOM

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

That smell is my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Horsepower numbers are just like dick measuring contests. Sure, one guy gets the trophy for having the biggest dick, but it is bulky and his pants don't fit too well, it always dunks into the water when he sits on the toilet, and women find it to be rather uncomfortable during sex so they make him stop, and one day he will realize that all he has is a trophy for ultimately having an otherwise useless penis.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
carcrazyls2
USAF CCT

2005 GTO Owner

got 05-06 jba catted mids im trying to sell, if your interested let me know...

exterior- 18x8.5 drift r wheels(looking to trade for staggard 19's) tein springs, koni shocks, cf hood.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
2004KID
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence...View Post
Its useless to keep the stock cats with FI. You'll just blow through them again, in short time. I went through two sets of stock cats before I switched over to catless mids. Best thing I ever did. You'll feel the instant gains with the restriction gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanbdass...View Post
I have a pair of 05/06 mids I can sell, if you want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaspeed05...View Post
I went to the jba catted mids and they blew out on me for some reason after about 3000 miles... I then just had them gutting and it sounds so much better but you do have deal with a little bit of the raw gas smell.. I dont mind it and the gains are worth it.

Good solid advise from experience here from these three.

Best E.T. to date 11.93@114MPH
Hoosier Quick Time ET Slicks and MT Skinnies
Special Thanks to Raygnicky for all his help to make these times possible and to all my Buddies in our group!!
Also thanks to ACE for loaning me his skinnies.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Nassin79

blew my right cat at 16000 miles had them gutted but now curious how much it affected gas milegage.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
xtaspeed05
Abracadabra Holmes

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassin79...View Post
blew my right cat at 16000 miles had them gutted but now curious how much it affected gas milegage.

Shouldn't really at all...
Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
dlively11

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:

Funny was afraid you would chime in and give me a ribbing, instead I was pleasantly surprised

Well I decided smurf it and gutted that one side. Need to take care of the other side ASAP. Sounds deeper but still sounds really good. Magnaflows and X pipe help a lot I am sure. Sure seems like these would give a lot of restriction when I looked at the material that came out. Especially after reading how blowers tend to smoke these cats and could actually damage your motor if they get clogged. I dont need to pass a smog again for 1 1/2 years. After reading several posts in here, with FI engines especially, people are gaining up to a few MPH at the track . Hell even 1 MPH makes it worth it. I believe JBA claims that on a blown LS1 it made 16% more HP by upgrading to the headers with catless mids. Betting most of it was from the mids. Even at half that HP again good dollar per HP.

Was looking at the stock DP and they are really small. WTF are they so small ? The exhaust isnt that small on the stock manifolds is it ?

If I got to JBA catless mids I might have a hard time getting someone to weld it up. It wont just bolt up to my custom exhaust unfortunately. I have an X pipe and 3 inch exhaust all the way back to mufflers.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
xtaspeed05
Abracadabra Holmes

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Are you running the car with one cat gutted and the other not ? If so, I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but maybe someone else will chime in with more knowledge about it..
Old 12-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
dlively11

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Are you running the car with one cat gutted and the other not ? If so, I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but maybe someone else will chime in with more knowledge about it..

Yeah I was thinking the same thing myself. Dont plan on leaving it that way for more then a couple days and will stay off the gas until I get them both done.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
GDL
Plays with meat all day

2005 GTO Owner

^^^ just checking, withs cats it's either yes or no, can't go half way. Lol. Speaking of that this January......... Catted jba's.

"I realized I could have mailed you the cd but you would have missed out on the adventure."
-Sean Nelson to me in response to finding out how far I drove to recieve a copy of Harvey Danger's final album from him personally.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #14
mistermike
10-4

2004 GTO Owner

GKPW52

If you need to pass a visual for smog, then just gut the stockers and keep on steppin'

Blown H/C 408 and other stuff. Billet tires. Plasti Dip tints. Stage 3 keyboard. /////.
2008 HHR SS tweaked
2003 CTS w/ dead hooker in spacious trunk
fquick
Old 12-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #15
2004KID
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Funny was afraid you would chime in and give me a ribbing, instead I was pleasantly surprised

Well I decided smurf it and gutted that one side. Need to take care of the other side ASAP. Sounds deeper but still sounds really good. Magnaflows and X pipe help a lot I am sure. Sure seems like these would give a lot of restriction when I looked at the material that came out. Especially after reading how blowers tend to smoke these cats and could actually damage your motor if they get clogged. I dont need to pass a smog again for 1 1/2 years. After reading several posts in here, with FI engines especially, people are gaining up to a few MPH at the track . Hell even 1 MPH makes it worth it. I believe JBA claims that on a blown LS1 it made 16% more HP by upgrading to the headers with catless mids. Betting most of it was from the mids. Even at half that HP again good dollar per HP.

Was looking at the stock DP and they are really small. WTF are they so small ? The exhaust isnt that small on the stock manifolds is it ?

If I got to JBA catless mids I might have a hard time getting someone to weld it up. It wont just bolt up to my custom exhaust unfortunately. I have an X pipe and 3 inch exhaust all the way back to mufflers.

That is because you trip out over silly things on here and you should know by now you need a thick hide to hang in this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike...View Post
If you need to pass a visual for smog, then just gut the stockers and keep on steppin'

This is also a great Idea right here.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
UltraViolence
CGM Mafia

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I say buy a set of stock cats and keep them for when smog comes up. In the meantime, just run catless mids. Even the highest flowing catalytic converter is a restriction with FI. It will be a night and day difference once you go gatoless. Your car will run better too.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
xtaspeed05
Abracadabra Holmes

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
I say buy a set of stock cats and keep them for when smog comes up. In the meantime, just run catless mids. Even the highest flowing catalytic converter is a restriction with FI. It will be a night and day difference once you go gatoless. Your car will run better too.

I want to go ghettoless as well, Insight please on how to do so ...!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
Chivorojo

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:

I'm surprised you don't see that term more on Craig's list in California: 2004 GTO, $10000 mas o menos. llantas nuevas, rines muy limpia y escapes gatoless , llame Julio por mas informacion.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #19
UltraViolence
CGM Mafia

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:

You can take the boy out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivorojo...View Post
I'm surprised you don't see that term more on Craig's list in California: 2004 GTO, $10000 mas o menos. llantas nuevas, rines muy limpia y escapes gatoless , llame Julio por mas informacion.

^^^
Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
xtaspeed05
Abracadabra Holmes

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Nice Find above !!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
sakeunited
Vice Pres. of P.R. @ G.P.P.

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:

I bought two sets of catless mids, one I'm having the stock cats welded back in and the second for track days

Tuned by G.P.P. Performance
Old 12-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #22
dendom02

2005 GTO Owner

I forgot that I still have my catted pipes... About 3,000 miles on them, swapped them to Kooks LTs ... I sold my goat last April. If you're interested let me know. It's just sitting on my garage. ��.
03' COBRA DSG #6743
06' S/C VIPER ROADSTER 1 OF 4
MODS: KOOKS 1 3/4 LT's,CATTED MIDS,CAI,X PIPE,MUFFLERS,GFI PORTED INTAKE/TB,HSRK,NGK TR55's,160* THERMOSTAT,DYNO TUNED,19" FOOSE SPEEDSTER RIMS WITH 245'S FRONTS/275'S REARS TOYO T1R TIRES,1" PEDDERS FRONT DROP,1/2" PEDDERS REAR DROP,REMOTE START,35% TINT/LIMO DARK REARS,VX TAILS, KIRCHER SPLITTER/MWPD RUBBER,SAP GRILLES,JHP BLUE GAUGE POD,PAINTED REAR INSERT,DMS DUCKTAIL SPOILER

Old 12-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
dlively11

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
I say buy a set of stock cats and keep them for when smog comes up. In the meantime, just run catless mids. Even the highest flowing catalytic converter is a restriction with FI. It will be a night and day difference once you go gatoless. Your car will run better too

. Advice taken, thanks. Makes sense. My old Turbo GP made a HUGE difference having a cutout so seems to make sense this would be pretty large too. Dont know how much BS it is but JBA was stating they made 16% more power on a blown LS1 going to the catless mids/shorties and catback. Half that is still impressive.

I am planning to just use both of them gutted with straight pipe inside. The sound is much different even with just the one gutted. Deeper tone but still sounds good IMO. Not raspy at all. I am also planning to have a larger DP welded to them since those seem to be a pretty big restriction.

Some have said you can actually pass a smog with cats removed with a lean tune. I dont have a smog coming for nearly two years. At least this will look stock and not raise any huge red flags.

I could be crazy but the butt dyno already feels a little faster with just the one gutted Maybe mine was a little clogged causing my slow trap speeds lol.

Last edited by dlively11; 12-15-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #24
dlively11

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendom02...View Post
I forgot that I still have my catted pipes... About 3,000 miles on them, swapped them to Kooks LTs ... I sold my goat last April. If you're interested let me know. It's just sitting on my garage. ��.

I might still be interested in those. If I have an issue when smog time comes around it would be nice to have those lying around just in case. I'll PM you.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
dendom02

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
I might still be interested in those. If I have an issue when smog time comes around it would be nice to have those lying around just in case. I'll PM you.

No worries ... just pm me when you are ready
Old 12-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #26
dlively11

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendom02...View Post
No worries ... just pm me when you are ready

Did you get my PM ? Interested in case I ever need them. I could pickup probably after the holidays. I'll be in San Jose on Tue afternoon otherwise in a few weeks would be better. I'll try to send Pm again
Old 12-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #27
dendom02

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Did you get my PM ? Interested in case I ever need them. I could pickup probably after the holidays. I'll be in San Jose on Tue afternoon otherwise in a few weeks would be better. I'll try to send Pm again

Got your pm ... Pm sent.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #28
6goat0
G.P.P customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivorojo...View Post

06 M6 TR/red under the knife 408 coming soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: