Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > South East

Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

2013 Official Central FL Thread

Happy New Year all!

Well, it has been a while since we have had some camaraderie in Central FL. I hope to help out with that this year. Whoever you are in Central FL, post up whatevers in this thread and lets see if we can get back what we had a few years ago. Anyone along the I-4 corridor, welcome to join in.

I am planning on going to a couple of events already this year. As I understand Dead Hookers down in BMP got rained out and is rescheduled for 1/5/2013. I plan on going down and spectating. I know I wont be driving my GTO, but will be going down to check it out non the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil'sC5vette...
BRADENTON MOTORSPORTS PARK
Saturday January 5th

Event Time: Gates open: 12pm
Track (racing surface) open: 1pm.
Track closed (racing surface): 6pm.
Facility Secured: 6:30pm.

I am also thinking about going to the WTW show in Mount Dora. It has been a couple of years since I went to the WTW show, but if I do, I will be entering my car.

GO

P.S. I don't like O-Town as a name and we no longer have O-Anything in Orlando
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

Oh, also planning on going to ECS-V. I went to the last two and won't miss this next one either.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Have we met?

I organized a some GTG's a few years back and I think two things happened.....

certain personalities made the idea of GTG's not so fun anymore and I think other people just got bored with them.

Me personally, I enjoyed them for the most part but I may sell my car soon so I can't say if I would attend any GTG's or not.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

Sent ya a PM.

I know there were some personality conflicts in the past, but I don't know exactly what that was about and we can move on without it.

I know that everyone wanted to be sure that everyone agreed with plans and when that did not happen, no one would do anything. I am not here to be an organizer, just stating some events that I am planning on attending regardless if anyone else goes.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

Well, looks like plans have changed for this weekend and next week. I am on call this weekend and have to be available for support, so going to Bradenton is out.

Construction delays are keeping me from going to Sarasota next week, so they may have me going to Rockford, IL. We will see if that pans out.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

I was actually going to start a thread like this but more Orlando-specific. Subbed. Glad someone jumped on it. I have connections with almost every goat and G8 on the eastern side of the city, so I can bring numbers to any meets. I may be trading in the goat soon, but I'll still be in the game.
1972 Nova SS - 350 M22 4 Speed - SOLD

"Education is important, but racecars are importanter."
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-ohgto...View Post
I was actually going to start a thread like this but more Orlando-specific. Subbed. Glad someone jumped on it. I have connections with almost every goat and G8 on the eastern side of the city, so I can bring numbers to any meets. I may be trading in the goat soon, but I'll still be in the game.

I may be parting ways with mine as well. Need the money more than I need the car.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Cliffster18
BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Well this thread got depressing quick!

I think about selling the goat every now and then, but then I go drive it and it changes my mind when I run out a gear to redline

2006 QSM M6 - SLP LT, LM2, SSOTRCAI, Diablo
DSS, CTSV1, Pedders, B&M, Speed Bleeders everywhere
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
Ironmancan
Bite my shiny metal ass

2006 GTO Owner

Lol funny thread.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Started a trend, yessss.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

Well, I can uderstand the guys with these cars that are using them as daily drivers instead of collectors, play toys or racers. The car that I purchased as my DD before I bought the GTO, I have thought about selling/trading also.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Mine is currently a DD, but I've had it for over three years now and it's time for something new (and maybe a little more practical). I love the car, but a friend of mine who is a massive collector is interested, and I feel that would be a great home.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Mine is not my daily driver. It sits in the garage 90% of the time. I love this car like I did the first day I bought it but in my current state (unemployed) it just seems impractical to own a car I barely drive. Not to mention the insurance I pay still.

Hopefully I'll get a job soon and which, more than likely, will wipe the thought of selling it right out of my head.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #14
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

Oh man, I did not know you where out of work. I don't recall from our few conversations what line of work you where in.

I hope you find something soon, so you don't have to sell.

Six-oh, do you go to school at UCF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-ohgto...
I was actually going to start a thread like this but more Orlando-specific. Subbed. Glad someone jumped on it. I have connections with almost every goat and G8 on the eastern side of the city, so I can bring numbers to any meets.

I saw you post up previously that you hang out around Waterford sometimes. Do you still do that?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #15
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous...View Post
Oh man, I did not know you where out of work. I don't recall from our few conversations what line of work you where in.

I saw you post up previously that you hang out around Waterford sometimes. Do you still do that?

(Mechanical) Design Engineer and thanks, I hope so too.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOScorpio...View Post
Mine is not my daily driver. It sits in the garage 90% of the time. I love this car like I did the first day I bought it but in my current state (unemployed) it just seems impractical to own a car I barely drive. Not to mention the insurance I pay still.

Hopefully I'll get a job soon and which, more than likely, will wipe the thought of selling it right out of my head.

Man, good luck on the job search. The world is rough these days. But yes she is my DD, but I like to keep her in show condition regardless. I'm surprised I have yet to see you around with all the events I go to.

Quote:

Yeah I do. My roommate and I actually co-founded UCF Car Club and we meet Monday nights at 8:30 at the Wendy's on 50 and 434. We might be going on a cruise to a local park next Monday, though. I also meet up weekly Wednesdays around 8 pm or so at the Abandoned Albertson's lot up on Mitchell Hammock and 434. It's a really small meet, but there's usually a few goats, G8s and terminators there.

Pontiac dyno day at Next Level this Saturday too. $50 for two runs.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #17
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-ohgto...View Post
Man, good luck on the job search. The world is rough these days. But yes she is my DD, but I like to keep her in show condition regardless. I'm surprised I have yet to see you around with all the events I go to.

Yeah I do. My roommate and I actually co-founded UCF Car Club and we meet Monday nights at 8:30 at the Wendy's on 50 and 434. We might be going on a cruise to a local park next Monday, though. I also meet up weekly Wednesdays around 8 pm or so at the Abandoned Albertson's lot up on Mitchell Hammock and 434. It's a really small meet, but there's usually a few goats, G8s and terminators there.

Don't get out as much as I used to. The last show I was at was the WTW show at Route 46.

Geoff is a good guy. He tuned my car.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

I wish Geoff had tuned my car, but I got it done back home. I've had some work done there, though. He charges a little more than most performance shops, but his expertise and enthusiasm is by far worth it.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
b4z
Official Dragon Straightner

2006 GTO Owner

In the "Charleston GTG" we dont call them personality conflicts we call it being an asshole. But 99 percent of it is good natured ribbing. i think if people remember that the point is to have a good time and not to exert your personality, then we all have a good time. we are 4 years into out GTGs and sometimes have as many as 11. Good Luck with the GTGs!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
Anonymous
Was Here

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-ohgto...

Cool, if or when I am in town I will try and come by to one of these. I work out of town quite a bit, so weekend things are better for me, but my house is on the east side by Waterford.

Is the Pontiac Dyno Day one held by the WTW Club? I used to be a member there, but it really got repetitively boring.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Cool, if or when I am in town I will try and come by to one of these. I work out of town quite a bit, so weekend things are better for me, but my house is on the east side by Waterford.

Is the Pontiac Dyno Day one held by the WTW Club? I used to be a member there, but it really got repetitively boring.

Not unlikely with them. But no, it's a yearly G8Board thing the local guys do. So far it's going to be around 12 cars but only one goat with the rest being mostly G8s.

And sure, just shoot me a pm whenever you're in town and want to meet up.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #22
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I was contacted yesterday about a position with Boeing so I drove out to the University area to find their offices. I thought for sure I'd see at least one GTO but I did not. I'm kinda glad nobody "spotted" mine. She's all dusty from sitting in the garage, although a couple different folks stopped and drooled over it for a bit. One guy pulled up and said something to the effect that it looks a lot different then his 66 GTO but loved the color, which he said was the same color as his Porsche.

A 66 GTO and a Porsche. Imagine that stable of cars.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #23
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Hey, my father currently has a 66 Vette and an Acura NSX side by side. It could be more eclectic. But congrats on the opening! Fingers crossed good things happen. I wish I had more people "drooling" over mine.. I get something more along the lines of.. "what the hell is that?" or, "why does it sound like a boat?!" or, my favorite of all, "that thing smells like a paper mill."
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #24
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I'll bet yours sounds a helluva lot better than mine. I'd love to throw a cam in this car. There was a time I was considering a mid 220's cam (I didn't want to swap the stall) but I'm not sure now. If I keep her, maybe some day.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Go big or go home not really.. I wanted a slightly smaller cam, but mine came up BNIB on craigs, and I couldn't resist a good deal. Then again my car is a M6, but I would still stall an auto if I had one.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #26
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

What time are you all heading to NL Saturday? I may stop out.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #27
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

I'll probably be there around 2 at the latest. It starts around ten or so, but I'll be a little late. It should go until 4 or 5 like last year. It's $50 for two runs and has to be cash.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Scratch that, I'll be there around 10 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #29
TypeOScorpio

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Be there around 11ish

I assume he's still over in Altamonte Springs?

Last edited by TypeOScorpio; 01-19-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #30
Six-ohgto
Now four-six + two-two

2006 GTO Owner

Yep, he still is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: