west coast speed problems - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > For Sale > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
GTGTO

west coast speed problems

Hey guys, I have been using this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I wanted to let you know about my experience with West Coast Speed.
I ordered reproduction SAP grills for my 06. I placed my order on December 12 and was given a delivery date of December 26th. I did not receive the grills. I made several calls and sent numerous emails requesting a delivery status and was told that they would ship out the next day. I still did not receive the grills. I only received the grills after i requested a refund thru Pay Pal.
I am also disappointed with the quality of the grills. I really hope that no body else has had these kind of problems with West Coast Speed. I personally will not deal with this company again.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
TheRocket
I Wanna Go Fast

2005 GTO Owner

Typical of WCS OP. Spencer is a hard man to track down at times. And although the ethics of how he runs his business are questionable, many people still use him, myself included. It just takes A LOT of patience.

2005 Pearl Orange Metallic
PB:12.98@107.1mph
LS3 Intake/Heads - Comp Custom Grind Cam 224/230 .609/.609 113+2 - FTI 3200 Triple Disc - Svede - Lunati - Katech - Cometic - GMPP - SLP - Kooks - MagnaFlow - BC 8/10k Coilovers - Pedders - Whiteline - DBA - Hawk - TSW Cadwells - Goldilocks Splitter - Maverick Man Carbon Spoiler - Morimoto - 06 Tails - Elemental Designs Nine.1 Amp - Phoenix Gold - Hybrid Audio - TC Sounds - Kenwood
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
randy555
>__<

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to randy555
Ordered grilles from him a while back. Took a while as the first paint job on them was poor so he had them repainted. Paint to this day seems to chip easily. Ordered the goldilocks from him too and it came with scratches on it. I emailed him about it but never got anything back. I really dont see him post too much on here anymore.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

See this makes me feel like I need to get a refund for my OTRCAI. $500 is no small amount and should certainly get you a bit more customer service than you would get at the local Burger king.

'Moe
Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Tripp

2004 GTO Owner

I've been waiting over 10 weeks for my OTRCAI. Won't respond to emails or phone calls. I'm waiting for a reponse from DuSpeed. I'm just going to get my money back from Spencer and order the DuSpeed if it meets my requirments.
LS6 243s|Dual Springs|Titanium Retainers|Trunion Kit|VRX3 Cam|
FAST 36# Injectors|Melling HV Oil Pump|Kooks Coated LT|Borla XR-1|
SLP UDP|Norris Motorsport Catch Can|
Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Whats the price from DuSpeed?

'Moe
Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
Tripp

2004 GTO Owner

$650+shipping
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
rockingoat
nitrous? yes please...

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I ordered sap grills from them was somewhere around 6 weeks and I hadnt seen or heard anything about them. I called someone answered told them the problem and they said they would of shipped out already. I guess they got misplaced there had them in a couple days but mine seemed to be nice quality.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
psycho1000r
1 LITER DUC EATER

2005 GTO Owner

Ive orders too many things to remember off spencer (WCS). hell, my car is in his sig lol. always takes a while to recieve stuff, and he is a tough guy to track down, but in the end, hes pretty much the only guy producing much wanted items, at a fraction of the cost of OEM replacements, so its the price you gotta pay. most people know there is a long wait time, so know one should be suprised. he could work on his communication skills though. Id hate to see him follow in jamesbizs' foot steps.

i agree with the paint issues randy started above. my SAP front extension looked like it got sandblasted after a few thousand miles. i think he needs to find a new paint vendor, the one he has now sucks.

Kooks Signature Series stepped LTs, Bassani cat back, Magnaflow X-pipe, Svede OTRCAI, P.P TB and Intake, AI ported 226cc 243 heads, Lunati custom cam, CSP tuned, SLP UDP, LS7 clutch, GMM street: 475/409
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
SkiPopeye36
Super Moderator

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho1000r...View Post
i agree with the paint issues randy started above. my SAP front extension looked like it got sandblasted after a few thousand miles. i think he needs to find a new paint vendor, the one he has now sucks.

Let me guess: The black area looks like shit and shows the base color thru it? I was SHOCKED to find out they spray the whole extension body color, then mask off and paint the lower lip black. Horrible execution.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
GTGTO

I understand that he has good prices and the parts that people desire and thats why I ordered from him. I mean its okay if parts are on back order and they wont be shipped as soon as expected but, he should just send out an email or phone call so the customers aren't worried about the money they just spent on their new parts.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
psycho1000r
1 LITER DUC EATER

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiPopeye36...View Post
Let me guess: The black area looks like shit and shows the base color thru it? I was SHOCKED to find out they spray the whole extension body color, then mask off and paint the lower lip black. Horrible execution.

exactly!!!! i was pissed!! can you imagine how horrible mine looked with a bunch of yellow specs showing through the black!! i should have just left it the raw urethane color. such a paint to keep on top of. I ended up sanding it all down, prepping it with adhesion promoter, holding up alot better know. spencer did try n help though. he sent me 2 cans of the satin spray he used to paint it.

Last edited by psycho1000r; 01-16-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
sakeunited
Vice Pres. of P.R. @ G.P.P.

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I ordered the fast acting IAT sensor and the tracking number I got for FedEx was fake and I got it 3 weeks late

Tuned by G.P.P. Performance
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
psycho1000r
1 LITER DUC EATER

2005 GTO Owner

after i prepped n painted it, lol sorry for the thread hijack.

Last edited by psycho1000r; 01-16-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
1QWIK7

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to 1QWIK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket...View Post
Typical of WCS OP. Spencer is a hard man to track down at times. And although the ethics of how he runs his business are questionable, many people still use him, myself included. It just takes A LOT of patience.

Because he has parts that no one else has. Thats the only thing he (or the entire company) has going for himself.

I dealt with them twice, 2 seperate times, 2 seperate parts.

Both times promised a certain date, both times it came twice as long, one of the items even 3x as long as promised.

My suggestion. If you can, try to find these items used off forum members. Otherwise you'll wait forever. Its the worst way of doing business, i really think they need to revise the way they do it.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #16
Poncho04

2004 GTO Owner

I ordered at set of reproduction SAP grilles from WCS also. I ordered them in the SAP silver which was way too bright. The quality was horrible. The edges had sanding scratches and blemishes from the poor quality mold. The honeycomb centers had overspray on them and rough edges on the hole openings. If you compare them to the original sap grilles, the edges on the repo grilles are thicker/wider. I spoke with Spencer and he offered to repaint them and fix the sanding scratches and rough edges. When I told him they look different from the grilles he advertised on his website, he replied they modified the mold and are now thicker/wider on the edges. I returned them and he charged me a restocking fee. Total BS. I found a set of oem SAP's on ebay.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I called him today and got a voice mail message that sounds like he is driving while making the thanks for calling message.

Unless I hear from him by the end of the week I will be taking my business elsewhere. I dont mind waiting but I do mind his piss poor communication. Its a business where you are making money and when someone pays you $500 for something they expect some measure of service interaction. I can do MANY things with $500 unfortunately I now have that tied up in what seems to be a hope and dream. It seems he will eventually ship items...but who knows when.

'Moe
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
carcrazyls2
USAF CCT

2005 GTO Owner

i was looking for parts from him, failed to email me back for a month about them. i would never give this guy my buisness, i would rather pay twice as much for good customer service than deal with these "sponsors" with terrible customer service and unpredictable wait times.

exterior- 18x8.5 drift r wheels(looking to trade for staggard 19's) tein springs, koni shocks, cf hood.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
mike_honcho

2006 GTO Owner

Wow. I've always seen and read things about him taking long on orders and being impossible to get ahold of and return calls, emails, etc. but seeing this stuff about poor quality and craftsmanship of items really turns me away from buying items from him. Even though I was looking to buy the goldilocks splitter and svede. Guess ill just wait to get one used that's good quality, or get the Duspeed. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #20
randy555
>__<

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to randy555
I agree on Spencer seeking a new painter. I'd like to buy some side skirts soon but based on my experiences and those of others, I doubt I will.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

He has products listed but based on my experience thus far it will be amazing if I even continue to wait for the Svede let alone give him MORE business. I wonder if he realizes how much his lack of communication is hurting him? Look at how many people are posting on this thread alone. Then add in all the people who view this and think twice about making a purchase.

With the prices being charged for things I would expect them to ship out in a timely fashion. The site says 2 weeks for this or that then it should be damn near 2 weeks. NOT 2 months or more.

'Moe
Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #22
psycho1000r
1 LITER DUC EATER

2005 GTO Owner

well to be clear, im not trying to disuade people from doing business with him. he gave me good deals and i love all the products Ive gotten off him. my only issue was the paint on the extension lower part. the rest of it was spot on. i waited a while, but i knew i would have to before hand, so it didnt bother me. I hate making excuses for people, but I guess hes just innundated with all the project. he needs to maybe focus on one or two projects at a time, and excel at getting those out, rather than taking on 7 projects and sucking at lead time, and customer service. these posts seem to be popping up alot more lately...

I for one appreciate that he is one of the only vendors out there making stuff for our cars.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp...View Post
I've been waiting over 10 weeks for my OTRCAI. Won't respond to emails or phone calls. I'm waiting for a reponse from DuSpeed. I'm just going to get my money back from Spencer and order the DuSpeed if it meets my requirments.

I too am getting a DuSpeed. They quoted me $520AU and $200AU shipping. Said that it would be shipped in 4 days and will take about 10 days to arrive. If you find someone that wants one as well, he will charge only for 1 item since he can fit 2 in the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmn715...View Post
Whats the price from DuSpeed?

'Moe

See above

2004 GTO M6 | 1 of 889
Old 01-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #24
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

^^Point is...I too was going to purchase the OTRCAI from WWS and after reading many of these posts over the last few days, I am ready to pay a lot more knowing that I will not only get a better product, but a product in less time.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #25
Tripp

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rguy200073...View Post
I too am getting a DuSpeed. They quoted me $520AU and $200AU shipping. Said that it would be shipped in 4 days and will take about 10 days to arrive. If you find someone that wants one as well, he will charge only for 1 item since he can fit 2 in the box.

Have you already ordered yours?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp...View Post
Have you already ordered yours?

No I have not...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #27
05 yellowjacket
Premium Member

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

My experiences from Spencer have always been great.

1) SAP Grills received in 10 days. Look as good today as 3 yrs ago.
2) I got in on the original Svede OTRCAI preorder, received in 60 days but that was expected.
The breakout harness was missing but received in 3-5 days
3) I ordered the SAP lower fake grill when first offered, received this in 3 weeks

I also was happy to receive some gift certificates as well as a flat spltter to give away during one of our yearly GTO meets. These prizes were via Spencer not solicited by me.

I just want to show that there are great experiences with West Coast Speed, not just sour grapes. I appreciate someone willing to supply us with aftermarket parts for a 7-9 old model
car. It seems most have moved on to Camaros, Challengers & Mustangs.

-Back on the road for 2014!
-BC Coilovers & Bushings installed.
-SAP grilles
-18" OEM's
-Svede OTRCAI
-SCSS Gator Pod with Aeroforce gauges.
-Mavman Billet YJ arrowheads
-WCS SAP lower grill insert

-1 of 234 (definately fewer) 05 A4 YJ'S
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #28
Rguy200073

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 yellowjacket...View Post
My experiences from Spencer have always been great.

1) SAP Grills received in 10 days. Look as good today as 3 yrs ago.
2) I got in on the original Svede OTRCAI preorder, received in 60 days but that was expected.
The breakout harness was missing but received in 3-5 days
3) I ordered the SAP lower fake grill when first offered, received this in 3 weeks

I also was happy to receive some gift certificates as well as a flat spltter to give away during one of our yearly GTO meets. These prizes were via Spencer not solicited by me.

I just want to show that there are great experiences with West Coast Speed, not just sour grapes. I appreciate someone willing to supply us with aftermarket parts for a 7-9 old model
car. It seems most have moved on to Camaros, Challengers & Mustangs.

He provided items for GOAT run 2011 as well and I know his products are pretty good. It just scares me to not hear from someone for a long time after just spending $500 with them. You will always get your product from him, I just don't have months to wait.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
PontiacGTO.info
Chunk Chunk Chunk

2005 GTO Owner

DuSpeed..

uploadfromtaptalk1358391216692.jpg

456 RWHP 425 RWTQ
Bought 7/9/08 Sold 4/25/14
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
Ironmn715
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

RGuy and Trip we should all order a DuSpeed at one time and save a dick ton on shipping...just a thought.

'Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: