City Photoshoot - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
GTOStevie

2004 GTO Owner

City Photoshoot

Well had this done a month or so back and figured I'd share it with you guys here. It was about a 2 hour drive for me to get these pics and when it started raining I just said screw it lets take the pics anyway. Appearance mods include the Fake SAP mod, plasti dipped 17's, and 06 Tails. Only got a few pics because it was about 35 degrees outside and raining so we didn't exactly have all the time in the world to take the pics.

And my personal favorite:
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Spooky_pitboss
F Wisconsin weather in the A

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Spooky_pitboss
Nice pictures, did you use a tripod? What kind of camera/lens?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
CaliGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to CaliGTO
great pictures. Now, get those windows tinted!!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
TheRocket
I Wanna Go Fast

2005 GTO Owner

Decent Technique and good pics. The last is probably the best and has a lot of potential if post processed right. Curious on the equipment used. Are you paying attention to your background as well as your foreground??

Also, never forget your rule of thirds and symmetry.

2005 Pearl Orange Metallic
PB:12.98@107.1mph
LS3 Intake/Heads - Comp Custom Grind Cam 224/230 .609/.609 113+2 - FTI 3200 Triple Disc - Svede - Lunati - Katech - Cometic - GMPP - SLP - Kooks - MagnaFlow - BC 8/10k Coilovers - Pedders - Whiteline - DBA - Hawk - TSW Cadwells - Goldilocks Splitter - Maverick Man Carbon Spoiler - Morimoto - 06 Tails - Elemental Designs Nine.1 Amp - Phoenix Gold - Hybrid Audio - TC Sounds - Kenwood
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Falco21

2005 GTO Owner

Very nice!

Fishbowlin' the whip!

2005 M6 GTO (Straight Black): K&N Hot Air Intake (b/c I go hard like that!), UDP, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Magnaflow Cat Back, Non-Sponsor StreetSlayer Clutch, B&M Shifter, Drag Bags, Hotchkis Sway Bars
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
GTOStevie

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_pitboss...View Post
Nice pictures, did you use a tripod? What kind of camera/lens?

Yes a tripod was used and as for the camera, I would have to ask her as it wasn't my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGTO...View Post
great pictures. Now, get those windows tinted!!

I would love to get them tinted, its just one more reason to get pulled over so I'm not sure if I want to or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket...View Post
Decent Technique and good pics. The last is probably the best and has a lot of potential if post processed right. Curious on the equipment used. Are you paying attention to your background as well as your foreground??

Also, never forget your rule of thirds and symmetry.

Photo comp improvements could be made as you point them out. The issue was the freezing rain coming down at a high rate so it got to the point where we had to rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco21...View Post
Very nice!

Fishbowlin' the whip!

Thanks

An unplanned issue that ruined a lot of the shots was the orange lights. She had only seen the spot during the day and didn't realize they would be such a factor. We tried splitting the middle in between them but even this still didn't work sometimes. And on top of all that some kind of drug bust was going on behind us so we had limited things we were able to do with the big area.

Last edited by GTOStevie; 02-14-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
phantoma4

Nice photos car looks great! Love the blue always one of my favorite colors it sticks out so much in the sun.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
Spooky_pitboss

2004 GTO Owner

Did a quick photoshop touchup. This is what happens when I get to go home early...

Before

After

Windows tinted, smoked sidemarkers, and a rough front plate delete...

Last edited by Spooky_pitboss; 02-15-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Ls1Ace

2004 GTO Owner

Damn nice pics! I actually live 5 minutes from Philly in the burbs. Its ashame I don't see many fellow goats around my way.

04 Torrid red M6_SRI_Ported TB_Cammed_Trickflow pushrods_Shorties_Exhaust_Tuned with EFI live_Dynoed 370whp/311lbs. Soon to be Dyno tuned.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
TheRocket
I Wanna Go Fast

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOStevie...View Post
Yes a tripod was used and as for the camera, I would have to ask her as it wasn't my camera.

I would love to get them tinted, its just one more reason to get pulled over so I'm not sure if I want to or not.

Photo comp improvements could be made as you point them out. The issue was the freezing rain coming down at a high rate so it got to the point where we had to rush.

Thanks

An unplanned issue that ruined a lot of the shots was the orange lights. She had only seen the spot during the day and didn't realize they would be such a factor. We tried splitting the middle in between them but even this still didn't work sometimes. And on top of all that some kind of drug bust was going on behind us so we had limited things we were able to do with the big area.

Under exposing the lights/backgroud with the use of a flash (either difused or indirect) would have resulted in less flare from the orange lights and they actually would have added a nice touch. Ask her if she has a 35mm wide aperature lens that she could use. At the right aperature and right settings, it would difuse the background a little more and give your pics a nice field of depth and place the focus on your car.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
GTOStevie

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoma4...View Post
Nice photos car looks great! Love the blue always one of my favorite colors it sticks out so much in the sun.

Thanks a lot, and in the sun is real nice. A lot of colors on GTO are real nice, coming from the dull F body colors. Never was really a fan of red until I saw the Torrid red in the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_pitboss...View Post
Did a quick photoshop touchup. This is what happens when I get to go home early...

Before

After

Thanks for that, I like the changes, made the car brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Ace...View Post
Damn nice pics! I actually live 5 minutes from Philly in the burbs. Its ashame I don't see many fellow goats around my way.

Yeah in camden it was.... camden. It was my first time having the in a full out city, we went into Philly after and it was cool, but these are defiantly not "city" cars. You should check out the show my father is putting together in May in the northeast section, there will be a lot GTOs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocket...View Post
Under exposing the lights/backgroud with the use of a flash (either difused or indirect) would have resulted in less flare from the orange lights and they actually would have added a nice touch. Ask her if she has a 35mm wide aperature lens that she could use. At the right aperature and right settings, it would difuse the background a little more and give your pics a nice field of depth and place the focus on your car.

We were trying to use a flash, however there were police behind us and they were not very fond of flashing objects when doing an investigation so that made it difficult. Ill ask her about the other thing.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
2004KID
Premium Member

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

The last picture was the best as well as the blue bridge lights to match the Goat.

Best E.T. to date 11.93@114MPH
Hoosier Quick Time ET Slicks and MT Skinnies
Special Thanks to Raygnicky for all his help to make these times possible and to all my Buddies in our group!!
Also thanks to ACE for loaning me his skinnies.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #13
Spiceredm606
Banned

Monaro CV8

Looks great. It's nuts to think how good Philly looks from a distance.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #14
angelo1000r
Premium Member

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

City Photoshoot

Looks good!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2005 GTO PBM, M6, Red Interior, Full OEM SAP Kit, Flat Splitter, Pedders Steering rack, GTO supercar coil-overs kit, Full bushing replacement, Billet Hub Kit, GMM Rip-Shift, 1000hp drive shaft, axles, C.V. shafts, eaton true trac diff, Mini Tub, BMR sub frame, ls7 clutch, Tick Master, Non-Sponsor's power chamber, ported T.B., FAST 102, PRC 2.5 5.3 Heads, V2 cam, 1-3/4 ARH, UD Pulleys, 440whp 408tq, and some other Extra's.......
Old 02-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #15
Jontall
1 of 262

2006 GTO Owner

Your car looks great... I took my car out on Monday and I'm still trying to get the salt off. The City dumps so-much salt on the roads, it makes me sick.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
GTOStevie

2004 GTO Owner

Spooky that last photoshop is gonna make me go spend some money lol. I really like that look. Black side markers are in the near future and if the tints are going to look like that... its tempting. And from the outside Philly is real nice and the bridge was an unexpected prop that worked out. I havn't been able to wash the car in almost a month now cause they salt every 3 days and the hose line is frozen
Old 02-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
Spooky_pitboss

2004 GTO Owner

Lol glad I can help.

I can relate to all the salt, I have to air and watch my car as it sleeps all winter here in WI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: