New Diablo Intune/Trinity PLUS Diablew Custom Tuning Package (Great for Headers!) - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tuning/Dyno Results

Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
MarylandSpeed
Who Needs a Silly GP?
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2006 GTO Owner

New Diablo Intune/Trinity PLUS Diablew Custom Tuning Package (Great for Headers!)

We have been working on this one for a while. There are a lot of people out there who need a tune for their bolt ons or headers, and don't have access to a good speed shop. The SLP Predator with it's header tunes used to fill this niche, but was discontinued. There was supposed to be a new replacement based on the new DiabloSport Intune, but with SLP being bought by Roush, that never happened.

The demand is still there for such a product, and we are excited to announce we have teamed up with Diablew for custom mail order tuning with the intune or Predator! Anyone who has been around the forums knows Diablew (Lew) for his great Diablo support and mail order tuning. Now instead of a one size fits all tune, you can get a custom dialed in tune without a trip to the tuner!

Click here for Pricing and to Buy- http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...ew-p-5190.html

With this new package, you get a new DiabloSport Intune or Trinity (extra cost), and a custom mail order tune for bolts on's done by Diablew. This custom will be for basic bolt ons such as cold air intakes, headers, catback, or any combination of those. Diablew does not tune for more advanced modifications like superchagers, turbos, cams, etc.

The process for mail order tuning is pretty simple. You order the tuner from us, and we ship it. When you are ready to tune the car, you then contact Diablew at an email address we provide with your order number. The mail order tuning process starts with you installing the tuner, and driving your car to data log select parameters with the tuner. Then you copy the log and tune files from the tuner to your computer, and email it to Diablew. He then makes the modifications to the tune using Diablosport's advanced CMR software, and emails it back to you. From there, you copy the tune file to your tuner and then install it on the car!

With the Intune, the tuner shows up as a drive on your PC, and you just drag and drop the files. The Trinity requires DSDownloader software to transfer files, which is simple to use. In terms of difficulty, if you can use iTunes and an iPod, you should not have issues with the mail order tuning process.

Which Tuner Should I Get?

The inTune is the just released replacement for the Predator. It features all the same features as the Predator, but also has a small touch screen form factor like a smart phone. It also has a redesigned, easier to use interface, and a lot more memory so that one part number supports many vehicles. The Trinity is the ultimate tuning tool for your vehicle. It features all the tuning tools of the inTune, plus virtual gauges, a virtual drag strip, and a design that makes it easy to mount on your dash for every day use.

For details on the Diablo products, click the Links Below-

Diablo inTune (PT# I1000)

Diablo Trinity (PT# T1000)

Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
06MonteSS

Send a message via AIM to 06MonteSS
Nice!!!

-Lew

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-28-2013 at 09:53 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
WoodburyMan
Is going for a scuttle...

Other Holden/HSV

Have had a Tune from Lew on my vehicles for going on 3 or 4 years now with my Trinity. Got my Trinity from MarylandSpeed, and managed to find Lew to do my tuning on here. Great results!
My LS2 GTO made 386whp, 364ftlb torque on a Mustang Dyno after his tune with just K&N Intake and Corsa Sport exhaust. Better numbers than others with just those bolt ons had on that dyno day.

Currently have it on my G8 GT and loving it.
2009 G8 GT Sport Red Metallic, Prem Package [Appearance] 6000K DDM HID Low Beams, 6000K LED Fog, LED Reverse, Interior Domes, Trunk, License Plate, Brake, Signals, Red Caliper paint [Electronics] Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauge, Factory iPod control [Performance] Custom DiabLew ECM/TCM 93 Octane Tune, Vararam RamAir OTR Intake, BMR Bar, DBA4000SX Slot + Drill Rotors [Wheels] Summer: Stock 18" Goodyear Eagle RSA All Season 245/45/18, Winter: Moda 17" MD17 Black Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 235/55/17
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

This is a great package. I got a Predator shortly after I got my car and got a DiabLew tune not long after that. I have been more than happy and impressed with the DiabLew tune. No hype, Lewis delivers what he said he could.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
818GTO

2006 GTO Owner

I have a Diablew custom tune in my 06 A4 with a Volant CAI, 3600 stall Yank, LT headers w/ catless mids and I run 7.8x in the 1/8 th mile and 12.1x in the 1/4 mile. The Trinity with a custom Diablew tune is definitely worth it IMHO.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
06MonteSS

bump for a great deal!!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
MarylandSpeed
Who Needs a Silly GP?
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2006 GTO Owner

A reminder for everyone!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
1QWIK7

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to 1QWIK7
So I can just upload the Diablo tune straight from the box? Or do I have to alter it?

all I have is vararam, Kooks lt, catted mids, xpipe, and mufflers.

What are the changes in a stock tune vs Diablo? Just more timing etc?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
06MonteSS

the tools come with preset tunes on them, yes..

but the custom tuning is not on the tool... you'd need to get the tool, install one of the preset tunes to the car.. .get some miles put on it... record a steady driving data log... then you'd send me the data log and the copies of your tune files from the tool, and I would create the custom tune and email it back to you...

you import it into the tool, then install to your car...

the preset tunes, and my custom tunes, make a lot of changes... throttle, timing, fueling, knock retard, torque, torque management, etc etc etc...
Old 10-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
sakeunited
Vice Pres. of P.R. @ G.P.P.

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS...View Post
the tools come with preset tunes on them, yes..

but the custom tuning is not on the tool... you'd need to get the tool, install one of the preset tunes to the car.. .get some miles put on it... record a steady driving data log... then you'd send me the data log and the copies of your tune files from the tool, and I would create the custom tune and email it back to you...

you import it into the tool, then install to your car...

the preset tunes, and my custom tunes, make a lot of changes... throttle, timing, fueling, knock retard, torque, torque management, etc etc etc...

so with the in-tune you cant change the same things like injector slope, ignition timing and fueling for WOT AFR like on the predator?

Tuned by G.P.P. Performance
Old 10-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
06MonteSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeunited...View Post
so with the in-tune you cant change the same things like injector slope, ignition timing and fueling for WOT AFR like on the predator?

yes you can... I didn't say you couldn't...

you can use the preset tunes and modify them with the parameters that are available to you just on the tool...

even more can be done via getting a custom tune done for it...

and if you have headers, no cats, etc, then you'd need a custom tune anyway so that the necessary trouble codes and related items could be disabled in the tune.. you can't disable trouble codes with just the tool itself...
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Falco21

2005 GTO Owner

In the market again! LOL

I don't remember if I asked you this before, but does the Trinity have a significant advantage in regards to the tune itself over the Intune? Or is it mainly the gauges and different visual changes?

2005 M6 GTO (Straight Black): K&N Hot Air Intake (b/c I go hard like that!), UDP, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Magnaflow Cat Back, Non-Sponsor StreetSlayer Clutch, B&M Shifter, Drag Bags, Hotchkis Sway Bars
Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
06MonteSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco21...View Post
In the market again! LOL

I don't remember if I asked you this before, but does the Trinity have a significant advantage in regards to the tune itself over the Intune? Or is it mainly the gauges and different visual changes?

tunes, adjustable parameters, etc are the same on both, no difference...

the trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

A lot of people like the inTune better - because it's smaller (it's the size of a credit card), they don't need or want the extra features, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/T...ser_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/i...ser_Manual.pdf
Old 10-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
sakeunited
Vice Pres. of P.R. @ G.P.P.

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
yes you can... I didn't say you couldn't...

you can use the preset tunes and modify them with the parameters that are available to you just on the tool...

even more can be done via getting a custom tune done for it...

and if you have headers, no cats, etc, then you'd need a custom tune anyway so that the necessary trouble codes and related items could be disabled in the tune.. you can't disable trouble codes with just the tool itself...

oh okay my bad, my old predator cam with a SLP 490 PAC tune which gave me the most rwhp and I was wondering if there was anything like that on the in tune?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
06MonteSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeunited...View Post
oh okay my bad, my old predator cam with a SLP 490 PAC tune which gave me the most rwhp and I was wondering if there was anything like that on the in tune?

no.. the old SLP predators had slp's own custom tunes on them, instead of the regular diablosport tunes...

the inTune and Trinity have diablosport's preset tunes on them... a 91 Octane Tune, and a Diablo Tune - which is for 93 octane...
Old 10-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #16
gotjuice78
Neighborhood Vandalizer

2006 GTO Owner

Can you tune for a torque converter with this? Do you have the ability to tune the trans?I have bolt ons and want to put a stall in but do not want to do a major tune until I do my head/cam. Had a tune but just put headers and fast 102 no cats and did not throw any codes but could tell things need to be tightened up a bit.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
06MonteSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjuice78...View Post
Can you tune for a torque converter with this? Do you have the ability to tune the trans?I have bolt ons and want to put a stall in but do not want to do a major tune until I do my head/cam. Had a tune but just put headers and fast 102 no cats and did not throw any codes but could tell things need to be tightened up a bit.

yes the inTune and Trinity have tcm/tranny support, so you could adjust shift quickness, shift points, shift pressure...

no, can't do anything for a stall with it...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
hudsterboy

I have a question. I just got Kooks LT headers installed and purchased the "Diablew + Trinity". I also have a Svede OTR CAI on order but I hear that's going to take a few years to get delivered. Should I wait before tuning, or should I go through the motions, w/out the CAI, and then do it again when I get it?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
06MonteSS

you buy the package deal via Marylandspeed?

I can do the initial tuning for you no problem.. then when you get it and get it installed, I'd have you do some new data logs for me and would send you an updated tune...
Old 11-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #20
hudsterboy

Quote:
you buy the package deal via Marylandspeed?

I can do the initial tuning for you no problem.. then when you get it and get it installed, I'd have you do some new data logs for me and would send you an updated tune...

Yep. Got the "Diablew" custom tuning package and it just arrived today. Awesome! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
MarylandSpeed
Who Needs a Silly GP?
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2006 GTO Owner

Thanks for the order!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #22
MarylandSpeed
Who Needs a Silly GP?
LS1GTO.com Sponsor

2006 GTO Owner

This is a great holiday gift!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #23
tyler318

2006 GTO Owner

looking at buying this. i will have LT headers, catless mids, vararam intake, and a poolshark stage 2 ported ls2 intake, will the canned tunes be good enough for the short time that it will take for me to data log and send the data to diablew? and also how long would it take for him to email you back with the new tune?
-tick MC
-predator slp bobcat 421 tune
Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 AM   #24
06MonteSS

yes you will use the preset canned tune in the beginning and you'll be fine... you'll get the mods installed, install one of the preset tunes, drive a few days or so until you get at least about 150 miles put on so that the fuel trims get relearned by the ECM and settle in, then you can do the steady driving log...

I can usually have the tune done and sent back to you within 24-48 hours from the time I receive everything I need from you....

and once you do purchase from marylandspeed, they'll give you info on how to contact me, and once I hear from you, I'll email further info/instructions...
Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #25
v8_supercar

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
yes the inTune and Trinity have tcm/tranny support, so you could adjust shift quickness, shift points, shift pressure...

no, can't do anything for a stall with it...

Question? When you say "Can't do anything for a stall with it" I guess my question is can your custom tune , tune for 3600 stall? And how would one go about this? Do you just email a tune for a 3600 stall? Or do i have to drive around for days logging info for you? Is it even safe to drive around with a 3600 stall when the cars not tuned for it? Will it drive ok till the tune is in?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #26
06MonteSS

you can change shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, and torque management... other than that, there's nothing else in diablo's tune template for a stall... there is nothing in their tune templates for lockup/unlock speed, etc...
Old 01-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #27
v8_supercar

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 818GTO...View Post
I have a Diablew custom tune in my 06 A4 with a Volant CAI, 3600 stall Yank, LT headers w/ catless mids and I run 7.8x in the 1/8 th mile and 12.1x in the 1/4 mile. The Trinity with a custom Diablew tune is definitely worth it IMHO.

So you can't just send me this guys custom tune you did for him? Except for his CAI , I have a Svede we basically have the same car combination. Unless he is leaving some mods out in his post.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #28
06MonteSS

I didn't make any changes in his tune for his stall, can't - as I mentioned... so there was nothing special done for his stall...

you can change shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, and torque management...

and no, tunes are tied to a vehicle's VIN number and calibration ID's, so you can't use someone else's tune file...

yes a custom tune can be done for your car, but my point is, there is nothing specific that can be changed for the stall - i.e. lockup speed, unlock speed....
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #29
v8_supercar

2006 GTO Owner

Ok thanx for the info Lew, i learned a few things today.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #30
tyler318

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
yes you will use the preset canned tune in the beginning and you'll be fine... you'll get the mods installed, install one of the preset tunes, drive a few days or so until you get at least about 150 miles put on so that the fuel trims get relearned by the ECM and settle in, then you can do the steady driving log...

I can usually have the tune done and sent back to you within 24-48 hours from the time I receive everything I need from you....

and once you do purchase from marylandspeed, they'll give you info on how to contact me, and once I hear from you, I'll email further info/instructions...

okay thanks this clarified many of the questions i had and now i will be definatly buying this. thanks alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: