LS1GTO Forums banner

Places to get the Predator tuned.

880 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  rushhour 
#1 ·
Who else besides RWTD does custom tuning for the Predator? James is next to impossible to contact when you call.

#3 ·
Anyone who calls themselves a Chipmaster Revolution dealer should be able to do it as that is I'm pretty sure they software they use to modify the data in the Predator...However, dealing with James is included in the purchase price, whereas you may have to pay for someone else. Personally, I'd just wait for James - he knows his stuff and he has the experience. That's why he's always freakin' busy.

#5 ·
Go with RWTD its worth it.

Hello,
I had James do mine.
He does a really good job & he also updates it untill its the way he wants it.
All you have to do is go to his website diablosporttuning.com & follow the directions . Its worth the wait. He did mine in a few days, had me drive the
car with the predator attached & send him the new info & he updated the tune.
I just sent him my new info to see if the new tune is good or if he wants to
update it further. I really didn't see a need to talk to him, everything was done through his forum & e-mails. He has been very helpful . He answered all my
questions.
The car runs great since his tune. I have an auto & there is a reall improvement
you can definitely feel when you the on the gas.

#6 ·
monte said:
Hello,
I had James do mine.
He does a really good job & he also updates it untill its the way he wants it.
All you have to do is go to his website diablosporttuning.com & follow the directions . Its worth the wait. He did mine in a few days, had me drive the
car with the predator attached & send him the new info & he updated the tune.
I just sent him my new info to see if the new tune is good or if he wants to
update it further. I really didn't see a need to talk to him, everything was done through his forum & e-mails. He has been very helpful . He answered all my
questions.
The car runs great since his tune. I have an auto & there is a reall improvement
you can definitely feel when you the on the gas.
Through the email correspondence does James tell you what settings to adjust manually on the Predator unit or is the updated tune uploaded through your home computer into the Predator unit itself?

#7 ·
He posts your new tune in his forum where only you can see it.
Go to diablosporttuning.com and look for the gto forum.
You will get an email telling you theres a post for you.
All yu have to do is click on the attachment, save it to your computer,
download it to your predator & tune your car.

#8 ·
TprGTO said:
Through the email correspondence does James tell you what settings to adjust manually on the Predator unit or is the updated tune uploaded through your home computer into the Predator unit itself?
In a little more detail than the last guy, you plug your Predator into your car and in the process of uploading the "default" tune, it backs up what is in the PCM from the factory. You then download that using a male->female serial cable to a PC. This can be accomplished on a laptop (plug the Predator into the laptop with the serial cable and also into the car (for power)) or with a home PC (plug the Predator into the computer using either the serial cable or a serial->usb connector - you will also need a 12V 1A DC power supply (from Radioshack) if you do it this way). The downloading of data is accomplished with free software provided by RWTD that is made by Diablosport. You run it, click the "Vehicle Backup" button, and a few minutes later, you're done. Then you go over to the forums on RWTD's site, fill out their little form with the who you are and what you want, upload the file, and then some time later (a day, a few days, it varies), you get your tune. You download it back to the Predator using a different button in the DiabloSport software, plug it all back into your car and download the new tune, then go drive, record your LTFTs and KR, then you report back to RWTD how it did in the forums, and they will build you a new tune slightly different, repeating this each time until it comes out the way they want it.

Actually, I guess that was a *lot* more detail. :gr_jest:

#9 ·
phobos512 said:
In a little more detail than the last guy, you plug your Predator into your car and in the process of uploading the "default" tune, it backs up what is in the PCM from the factory. You then download that using a male->female serial cable to a PC. This can be accomplished on a laptop (plug the Predator into the laptop with the serial cable and also into the car (for power)) or with a home PC (plug the Predator into the computer using either the serial cable or a serial->usb connector - you will also need a 12V 1A DC power supply (from Radioshack) if you do it this way). The downloading of data is accomplished with free software provided by RWTD that is made by Diablosport. You run it, click the "Vehicle Backup" button, and a few minutes later, you're done. Then you go over to the forums on RWTD's site, fill out their little form with the who you are and what you want, upload the file, and then some time later (a day, a few days, it varies), you get your tune. You download it back to the Predator using a different button in the DiabloSport software, plug it all back into your car and download the new tune, then go drive, record your LTFTs and KR, then you report back to RWTD how it did in the forums, and they will build you a new tune slightly different, repeating this each time until it comes out the way they want it.

Actually, I guess that was a *lot* more detail. :gr_jest:
That was very detailed and appreciated. Thank you.

#10 ·
Here is a quick worksheet that I use to get back to James on regarding the data he wants to see. James only wants info on 2 of the O2 sensors - not the 4 - I show. I record the 4 just to watch the system for issues.

As an aside - I never get to the redline in 3rd gear. The roads around me - just are not safe to do something like that. I record the at the redline of 1st & 2nd and then get as close to the redline as I can on 3rd.

Hope this helps

Attachments

#11 ·
rushhour said:
Here is a quick worksheet that I use to get back to James on regarding the data he wants to see. James only wants info on 2 of the O2 sensors - not the 4 - I show. I record the 4 just to watch the system for issues.

As an aside - I never get to the redline in 3rd gear. The roads around me - just are not safe to do something like that. I record the at the redline of 1st & 2nd and then get as close to the redline as I can on 3rd.

Hope this helps
That is good information to post, but I do not know anything about tuning a car.

#12 ·
TprGTO - the worksheet is just the information that James requires you to get from your Preditor Live Diagnostics after you put in his 1st base tune. You then send James the values so he can make any adjustments needed. The norm is that the base file will need something done to it.

I just put his request into a spreadsheet format to make my life easier recording the data.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.