LS1GTO Forums banner

04 GTO 630 miles 6 speed SAE HP=307.66 TQ=327.63

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  impulseblue gto 
#1 · (Edited)
04 GTO 630 miles 6 speed SAE HP=307.66 TQ=327.64

Just got back from the dyno a few minutes ago. First time for me on a dyno, was a lot of fun, enjoyed driving it.

2004 GTO 6 speed
630 miles on the OD
All stock expect: LPE CAI and Corsa touring catback (No tune yet). Mobil1 10W-30 oil.

My best run was 307.66 HP and 327.64 TQ

Lowest was 297HP but they were having issues with the spark pick so wasn't solid.

SAE correction of 1.22 - 62.34F 24.50 in-HG, 20% humidity, approx 5,500 or so feet above sea level.

EDIT: They said I was running rich at WOT 12.6:1 above 4,500RPM at tailpipe.

Dynojet 248/224 All-Wheel Drive Rolling Chassis Dyno

Slightly larger version here http://home.comcast.net/~gto_scott/307_66hp_dyno.jpg

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
GTO_Scott said:
Just got back from the dyno a few minutes ago. First time for me on a dyno, was a lot of fun, enjoyed driving it.

2004 GTO 6 speed
630 miles on the OD
All stock expect: LPE CAI and Corsa touring catback (No tune yet). Mobil1 10W-30 oil.

Lowest was 297HP but they were having issues with the spark pick so wasn't solid.

SAE correction of 1.22 - 62.34F 24.50 in-HG, 20% humidity, approx 5,500 or so feet above sea level.

EDIT: They said I was running rich at WOT 12.3:1 above 4,500RPM at tailpipe.
Did you go to DynoPros?

You and I are very close...

Back on Oct 23rd -

307.2 HP - 324.4 TQ

That was with just a Cone Filter and Magnaflow Mufflers (and Mobil1 10W-30 oil).

#5 ·
They told me $5 more for a 30 minute tune in addition to the $55 for 3 pulls (They did 5 and considered 2 to be junk due to spark pickup issues with the short wires they couldn't clamp on to).

I'm going to go back after some more toys and take my HP Tuners with me.

#7 ·
630 miles on the OD

EDIT: They said I was running rich at WOT 12.6:1 above 4,500RPM at tailpipe.

Dynojet 248/224 All-Wheel Drive Rolling Chassis Dyno

Did you go to the DSM event on Sat?

#13 ·
adearmas said:
Did you dyno your GTO completely stock to compare for gains? Looks like a very small gain in hp and some better gains in HP. Would love to see your baseline.
No, decided to go ahead and put the Corsa on this weekend so I'd get a wideband reading from both sides of the engine at the tailpipe. Put the LPE on a few weeks ago. I expected 10HP from both, didn't really think I'd get much from the catback with stock manifolds and cats.

I have some additional mods, very mild, that should complement eachother well. I'm shooting for around 375rwhp, just awaiting a few parts that are already ordered. :)

#14 ·
Since someone asked about how much a stock GTO dynos I will take the opportunity to make an observation here.

Dyno numbers will vary over a wide range if we consider an across the board set of dyno numbers. It would not be meaningful, for example to take my baseline numbers and then take GTO Scott numbers and compare for gains. The absolute value of the numbers is not as important nor as significant, for purposes of evaluating mods, as the difference between baseline and mods numbers from the same GTO and the same dyno. That is how you can really measure any gain or loss.

For example, if my car were to dyno 286 hp (some people have reported that low) and then I would take someone elses hp numbers with some mod at 316 hp, it would be incorrect to say that if I did the same mod my car would gain 30 hp. Why? because someo elses's baseline could have been 299 hp reflecting a 17 hp gain on a larger baseline number. With the 286 hp reading, perhaps all you could get is a more modest gain, say for arguments sake, of 10 hp.

In other words, my numbers are my numbers, GTO Scott numbers are his numbers. What could be significant to you, as a third person here, would be my gain and his gain to get an idea of what gains to expect within a range.

That said, it seems like GTO Scott's numbers are somewhat similar to mine; but, unfortunately we do not have his baseline to compare gains.

Hope I have contributed something.

#15 · (Edited)
Doric said:
Scott - let's do set up a Dyno Day. I'd prefer to do it at MAC, as they're more accomodating and less expensive than Dyno Pros. How do you feel about the HP Tuners software, now that you've had a chance to play with it a bit?
Sounds good - I may have a guy here at work with an 80s GT Stang that he wants to get running and see what it's doing (cheap project car he picked up).

We need 10 people total for a dyno day.

So far, I like the HP Tuners - but I haven't played with fuel settings yet. I'm running a tad rich at WOT and with some more toys it may square up to 13.0.

Edit - Dyno day details - http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14916

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.