LS1GTO Forums banner

Nitrous help

770 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Realm 
#1 ·
im getting nitrous in the next few weeks, I have a m6 is there anything that would automaticly make it kick on at like 3500 rpm and make it shut off at 5900rpm. It will only be used in the summer do I need a bottle warmer? Any gauges needed?

Ive never used nitrous before so I plan on starting with a 50 shot and just buy nozzles as I go which wont take long im a speed freak. But I dont plan on going over a 100 shot do I need to retard the timing at all?

How much will it all cost after I buy everything I need + install unless I can get someone to help I dont trust myself enought mabey if I done it before.

#2 ·
Realm said:
im getting nitrous in the next few weeks, I have a m6 is there anything that would automaticly make it kick on at like 3500 rpm and make it shut off at 5900rpm. It will only be used in the summer do I need a bottle warmer? Any gauges needed?

Ive never used nitrous before so I plan on starting with a 50 shot and just buy nozzles as I go which wont take long im a speed freak. But I dont plan on going over a 100 shot do I need to retard the timing at all?

How much will it all cost after I buy everything I need + install unless I can get someone to help I dont trust myself enought mabey if I done it before.
TTT:::::::

#3 ·
use the tbyrne link at the left. look at the timing tuner they offer. it will retard timing on the juice and retard it on the juice. it also acts as a window switch.

ps - it is actually called The Timing Tuner. Hooks inline w/ the crank position sensor.

#4 ·
nox said:
use the tbyrne link at the left. look at the timing tuner they offer. it will retard timing on the juice and retard it on the juice. it also acts as a window switch.

ps - it is actually called The Timing Tuner. Hooks inline w/ the crank position sensor.
I didnt see it, im looking for something that will shut the nitrous off if I got over to many PRMs to prevent engine damage

#7 ·
MSD makes an RPM activated window switch. You put the "pill" in for low rpm on switch and another pil for high rpm on switch, that's what I used on my Z06.

For 100 hp or less you don't need to retard the timing.

You absolutely need a bottle warmer to get the bottle pressure up to 900-1050 psi for a traditional wet kit.

If you go with a dry kit or a ZEX kit, it is not critical, but you will make les power with less pressure.

The only gauge you need is a nitrous pressure gauge which usually comes with the kit.

I had great luck with the NX kit, I also like the ZEX kit but I've never used it.

Don't waste your money on a purge kit or a remote bottle valve opener.

#8 ·
Realm said:
You're looking for a RPM window switch. There a several manufacturers.

Most M6 guys run them. Some are cheap ~$50 some are fancy and run $500. Depends on how many features you're looking for.

#9 ·
mr2guru said:
You're looking for a RPM window switch. There a several manufacturers.

Most M6 guys run them. Some are cheap ~$50 some are fancy and run $500. Depends on how many features you're looking for.

Which ones do you know of that people have had good success with.

#10 ·
Nitrous Picts

Here is my setup, I really like the MSD digital window switch pn 8969 I think.

Have fun, I am!

Attachments

#11 ·
most people go with the MSD or the Mallory. I had the Mallory and liked it because you did not need the "pills" to change the RPM settings. All you had to do was turn a dial to change the settings very quickly.

For wet kits, TNT and NX are the more popular options in the LS1 community.

#12 ·
WillieD said:
most people go with the MSD or the Mallory. I had the Mallory and liked it because you did not need the "pills" to change the RPM settings. All you had to do was turn a dial to change the settings very quickly.

For wet kits, TNT and NX are the more popular options in the LS1 community.
Sounds like what I want, could you post me a link of some info on it and a place where I can buy it.

thnx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.