: Lime Rock

Howie
05-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Stu qualified 23rd out of 30. Race is tomorrow live on HDnet and on Speed June 6th.

http://www.johnthawley.com/albums/albun69/aaa.sized.jpg

Old Goat
05-30-2004, 07:59 PM
:D GO STU! I'll catch it on Speed. Nice quote Howie!..... :D

FLORIT
05-31-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the "heads up", Howie. Last time I watched for Stu on the race, the '04 GTO got ZERO air time. The announcers could not stop talking about the Cadillacs. I hope they hype the Goat a little bit this time.

I see they changed the Billy Goat on the rear from white to silver. I liked the white better, but they may have been asked to change that like they were asked to change the louvers on the hood.

I really, really, really, really, really want a small version of that Billy Goat for my rear side windows. :D

Old Goat
05-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the "heads up", Howie. Last time I watched for Stu on the race, the '04 GTO got ZERO air time. The announcers could not stop talking about the Cadillacs. I hope they hype the Goat a little bit this time.

I see they changed the Billy Goat on the rear from white to silver. I liked the white better, but they may have been asked to change that like they were asked to change the louvers on the hood.

I really, really, really, really, really want a small version of that Billy Goat for my rear side windows. :D
Maybe an Autosport Design decal?

Howie
05-31-2004, 02:33 PM
SPOILER WARNING!!

Results from Lime Rock:

Audi finishes 1st & 2nd, Caddy finishes 3rd & 5th

Stu finished 18th

Race is on Speed Channel on the 6th.

http://www.johnthawley.com/albums/albun69/aaw.sized.jpg

FLORIT
05-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Well, 1) at least he finished and 2) he finished better than he started. Looking forward to the broadcast. Damn, what a fine looking car!! :D

Rockos GTO
06-01-2004, 05:05 AM
Yeah Like FLORIT said. Its great he Finnished....it just shows how much they have worked on getting this car done and the fact he moved up in the race shows the car has potential. Great Job STU & Crew cant wait to see it on SPEED

Gto 5
06-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry about the delay in reporting...Lime rock has ZERO in the way of internet hook-ups.Things went well(never as well as you want)she finished under her own power and worked better for stu.We have three weeks till mid ohio,so its back to the carbon program.Thanks for all the kind words,I'm as excited to see the speed coverage to!Dave

2loco
06-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Dave check your Private messages, and also you gonna make it to the picnic were gonna have at stoney creek?

Gto 5
06-03-2004, 03:59 AM
Loco,I'll pm you today(needed a day to catch up on sleep!)when is the stoney creek meet?Dave

mistermike
06-03-2004, 04:09 AM
I'd sure like to attend the Mid-Ohio race. Could you give me the details, date, and where to buy tickets, etc?

HUMBLER
06-03-2004, 07:37 AM
http://www.midohio.com/sportscarcourse/

Rockos GTO
06-06-2004, 10:16 AM
I just finished watching the race @ Limerock. If you are not a Audi , CTS-V or Corvette. for get about getting any TV time. They mentioned Stu's name once in the beginning of the race but that was it. I saw the #5 GTO I think 4 times and that was because of replay. everytime it was coming up to be viewed they changed the camera. Hopefully they will show more at the Mid - Ohio race.

Howie
06-06-2004, 10:22 AM
It was very annoying. THe only time I remember hearing Stu's name is when he happened to be close to one of the Caddy's during a restart and they comented on how he's down on hp.

I love WC, but I'm getting really sick of hearing about Caddy's and Audi's all race long.

Rockos GTO
06-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Your right Howie. The GTO is the only car from the Pontiac line you would think they would want to see it do well. but I think alot has to do with corp sponsors. only wanting there 2 cars shown. the CTS-v and the corvette. it does get real annoying to watch . Cant wait till Ohio, then I can see it first hand.

FLORIT
06-06-2004, 02:52 PM
I wish I could get to the mid-Ohio. That looks like the only way I'll get to see the GTO on the track. TV coverage is dissin' us big time. It's sad that to see your favorite car you have to wear out your pause, replay, and slo-mo buttons. Hey, Dave, tell Stu we're pulling for him anyway.

Howie
06-06-2004, 03:09 PM
That and I liked the white Goat from Sebring instead of the silver one!

ZillaGTO
06-11-2004, 07:47 AM
They are running up at Road America in August and i plan on going. Very good exposure there if you like seeing the pits and stalls up close.