LS1GTO.com Forums

LS1GTO.com Forums (https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics (https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Obd display? Trying to decide (https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843155)

Kfxguy 06-14-2019 09:28 AM

Obd display? Trying to decide
 
I really don’t want the 15 gauge look in my car (a bunch of gauges all over the place) so I’m looking for a suitable display to keep tabs on various things.
They have cheapo China ones. And then there’s scangauge 2 and ultragauge. Do any of you guys have these? I like that the scangauge can change colors to match my interior lights. But the ultragauge looks more elegant and has more display area. So the criteria I want is as flows:

Coolant temp
Voltage
Trans temp
Oil pressure

That’s the main ones I want. Any other units you guys know of? I don’t want a Bluetooth unit because I don’t want to use a phone. I’ll have to power it on and off, I want it to function like a normal gauge. Here the links to the units I’m looking at. I also like the feature of the ultragauge that allows a performance meter.

https://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/index.php...products_id=94


https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-ii/

SoSlow6.0 06-14-2019 10:02 AM

I like the ultra gauge.

I put an aftermarket stereo in my Escalade last summer and it has all those readouts as well (don't think it has a performance meter). Was thinking about something like that for meine Ziege as well to keep it clean.

itslow 06-14-2019 10:59 AM

The Aeroforce gauges can be stuffed into a gauge pod that sits atop the center control stack - or the instrument cluster bezel - so that they don't look like a goofy add-on.

Kfxguy 06-14-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoSlow6.0 (Post 21586479)
I like the ultra gauge.

I put an aftermarket stereo in my Escalade last summer and it has all those readouts as well (don't think it has a performance meter). Was thinking about something like that for meine Ziege as well to keep it clean.


That what my buddy did in his gto. However, I feel like a no name radio will not sound as good as my pioneer unit.

Kfxguy 06-14-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itslow (Post 21586495)
The Aeroforce gauges can be stuffed into a gauge pod that sits atop the center control stack - or the instrument cluster bezel - so that they don't look like a goofy add-on.

That is a nice option. I like that you can get the display in the color you want too. Seems like a good choice, all except the price. $250 is a bit pricey but I may have to bite the bullet. I donít like the fact that it only displays two parameters at once, but I do like the fact that I could put it in my gauge pod and get rid of a few gauges I already have. So thanks for the suggestion, I had never heard of this unit before. Iíll give it some thought. Any others I havenít seen, please let me know.

lejambcr 06-14-2019 12:40 PM

I use the AEM gauges. 3 of them in my A Pillar POD. 1 of them is my wideband readout. The down side is that you can only display one parameter at a time.

LS3goatee 06-14-2019 01:33 PM

HPTuners nGauge is your best bet. 4 PIDs at a time, and a ton of other goodies. I myself run Aeroforce gauge, and I may buy another today to get rid of my boost gauge so I can replace it and also monitor an extra PID. My AFR gauge is in my Mavman cluster bezel right in my face, this is the cleanest setup IMO because I also don't like gauges all over the place!

Kfxguy 06-14-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS3goatee (Post 21586519)
HPTuners nGauge is your best bet. 4 PIDs at a time, and a ton of other goodies. I myself run Aeroforce gauge, and I may buy another today to get rid of my boost gauge so I can replace it and also monitor an extra PID. My AFR gauge is in my Mavman cluster bezel right in my face, this is the cleanest setup IMO because I also don't like gauges all over the place!

Now thatís a cool setup. I may consider it later on. Pretty pricey. I like that I can store and load different tunes. Thatís pretty cool. Thx

kurazy kracka 06-14-2019 06:37 PM

Aeroforce does everything I need and does it well. I watch trans temp, oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure. I have it mounted in my bezel where you barely notice it.

Having more than say 2 gauges just makes the car look super ricer.

gixxer711 06-15-2019 06:06 PM

Love my aeroforce gauges.

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-15-2019 07:39 PM

No love for an android device and an OBD blutooth adapter?

SoSlow6.0 06-15-2019 07:50 PM

Dont know what you mean by no name....I've got a very nice Kenwood. Does your buddy have one of those Chinese tablet stereos?

flowmastagoat 06-16-2019 04:27 AM

I like the hptuners one mainly for storing multiple tunes as well but is too bulky for me, don't know where I'd put it. Came across the banks idash, looks pretty good, displays 4 PID's and fits in a gauge pod.

Sacrifice 06-16-2019 03:43 PM

46 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoSlow6.0 (Post 21586479)
I like the ultra gauge.

I put an aftermarket stereo in my Escalade last summer and it has all those readouts as well (don't think it has a performance meter). Was thinking about something like that for meine Ziege as well to keep it clean.

I use the ultragauge as well. In my truck and the gto. Im not sure it has the oil pressure readout though. But the one in the gto is the "base", the truck has the upgraded version for trans temp readouts.

I would highly recommend the ultragauge. I like to monitor fuel trims with it as well

Kfxguy 06-17-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21586699)
No love for an android device and an OBD blutooth adapter?

Not really.

Kfxguy 06-17-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoSlow6.0 (Post 21586703)
Dont know what you mean by no name....I've got a very nice Kenwood. Does your buddy have one of those Chinese tablet stereos?

some no name china one is what he has. Now that you say something, I think the radio i have is offered in a higher model with a gauge pack.

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-17-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kfxguy (Post 21586907)
Not really.

You want something that polls very quickly and is basically instant-on?

Kfxguy 06-17-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21586933)
You want something that polls very quickly and is basically instant-on?

Yea pretty much. I mean it takes about 30 seconds for my wideband to warm up and start reading...I'm ok with that. i basically dont want to have to muck with it, basically like any normal 2 1/16 round gauge.....they just work. now changing settings when i want to is ok, I just dont want to have to turn it on, or flip through settings or pages to get to the info I want to see.

Logan71 06-17-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21586699)
No love for an android device and an OBD blutooth adapter?

That's what I use - showing oil pressure, water temp and air intake temps, which over the crucial ones for me.

I like it but it's probably not for everyone, After seeing the prices on empty pod solutions and actual gauges - not to mention wiring said gauges - I saw on other real choice.

DangerNoodle 06-17-2019 10:30 AM

Same, I have my phone mounted to the vent using a magnetic holder. I have the Torque App on my phone bluetooth connected to the OBD II bluetooth Dongle. Works if you only feel like spending $20.00 for the bluetooth dongle and the app was like $5.00.

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-17-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kfxguy (Post 21586961)
Yea pretty much. I mean it takes about 30 seconds for my wideband to warm up and start reading...I'm ok with that. i basically dont want to have to muck with it, basically like any normal 2 1/16 round gauge.....they just work. now changing settings when i want to is ok, I just dont want to have to turn it on, or flip through settings or pages to get to the info I want to see.

My dashhawk is like that. Sucks they don't make them anymore.

You kinda still have to flip through screens, but there's only so much you can fit onto that little screen. At least i have what i need the most on the main screen.

Sacrifice 06-17-2019 12:04 PM

Fyi the ultragauge can display up to 8 different gauges per page with (8? Pages possible). It can auto scroll through the pages and displays open/closed loop indicator with less than 6 gauges on a page.

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-18-2019 04:47 AM

Checked out that scanguage ii, although it is fairly simple and compact, which i like, it actually only supports a few PID's.

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-18-2019 04:48 AM

I would like something that kind of looks and operates as if it came with the car, even if it's like the atari 8-bit Pontiac G8 oil pressure guage, lol.

Kfxguy 06-18-2019 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21587201)
I would like something that kind of looks and operates as if it came with the car, even if it's like the atari 8-bit Pontiac G8 oil pressure guage, lol.

I see

Kfxguy 06-18-2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21587201)
I would like something that kind of looks and operates as if it came with the car, even if it's like the atari 8-bit Pontiac G8 oil pressure guage, lol.

why you

Kfxguy 06-18-2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21587201)
I would like something that kind of looks and operates as if it came with the car, even if it's like the atari 8-bit Pontiac G8 oil pressure guage, lol.

have 34,000

Kfxguy 06-18-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothubertjfarnsworth (Post 21587201)
I would like something that kind of looks and operates as if it came with the car, even if it's like the atari 8-bit Pontiac G8 oil pressure guage, lol.

posts lol

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-18-2019 05:43 AM

I

Nothubertjfarnsworth 06-18-2019 05:43 AM

Try


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.