LS1GTO.com Forums - View Single Post - California Smog Tests
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
GTO-Cole
Manufacturing Engineer

2005 GTO Owner

Turn off the codes in the tune. Use your tuner of choice or learn yourself with one of the softwares available on the market.

I believe all the "ECM Emission Tests" need to report as "ready", with the exception of EVAP which does not have to report.

My car passed last August (see mods in my sig.)

If you don't tune the tests out, then you may have to complete a longer drive cycle to get all the tests to perform. Keep in mind, if you re-flash the ECM, it automatically resets the emission tests. Here's the GM instructions:

In order to get all your OBD2 monitors for your GM (Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Pontiac, Oldsmobile) vehicle ready, please perform the following steps:

1) Start the vehicle from a cold start. The time to do this is if you have not driven the vehicle for a few hours and the engine coolant temperature is less than 50 degrees F.
2) Let the engine run on idle. Turn the A/C and rear defroster on. You are trying to apply electrical load to the system.
3) Accelerate to 55 mph.
4) Hold a steady speed of 55 mph for 3 minutes
5) let go of the accelerator and coast until the vehicle hits 20mph. Don’t apply brakes to slow down.
6) Accelerate again until 60 mph.
7) Hold steady for 5 minutes at 60mph for 5 minutes.
8) Decellerate (coast to slow down).
You may need to repeat steps 3-8 a few times if the battery was disconnected recently.

Cole

1967 Camaro N/A SBC(10.19 @ 136 mph)
2006 GTO PBM/Black/M6 (gone but not forgotten)
2005 GTO PBM/Red/M6 (purchased 7-18-14 w/ 87K)
- 6.2 w/ LSX-LS7 heads & LSX454 cam / Kooks 1.875" / Exh / Whiteline Bushings / etc.
http://cole.balster.googlepages.com/home