Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 07-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
Rich-Tripower
GR-RRR!

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Impressed by an inexpensive polish for black cars

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...ax+black&pos=0

The wife has an almost new 2018 Mazda 3 Grand Touring hatchback. It is black metallic. It has been incredibly hard to keep looking clean. The first wax product I tried was horrible and I moved up to my standby from Meguires that I use on everything else with great results. It looked great for a month or so but when I washed the car this morning it felt like it had no wax left on it (it has only been about 3 months). Even fresh and clean, it always looks a little less than clean. I decided to try some polish specially made for black paint, Turtle Wax Color Magic (see the link above). It was even on sale. Given the price I didn't expect a whole lot but it needed SOMETHING and at least this stuff wouldn't leave white residue at the edges. It went on easy and the original buff off wasn't too much work but left it looking streaky and slightly greasy. It was hot and humid out which always causes problems with the buffing as the wax or polish never seems to really dry fully. Anyway, I pulled out a brand new microfiber polishing cloth and gave it another buffing and it was like polishing a diamond. The black got deeper and rich looking and the shine was nothing short of amazing. I really am impressed with this stuff. Hopefully their Color Magic black detailing spray will keep it looking great in between polishings.

The wife even said the car was faster now since it passes through the air so much easier!

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 HFP
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS L79 Restoration Page
Rich's 1965 Chevelle Two-Door Wagon Project Progress Page
Bob's 1964 GTO Project Page
Rich's Brazen Orange 2006 Pontiac GTO
Rich C.
"I would rather appreciate what I cannot have than have what I cannot appreciate."
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
kurazy kracka

Check out blackfire, it's a little higher end wax but some of it is specifically for black cars. All I use now and looks stunning.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: