LS1GTO Forums banner

Goatfest Video

5K views 38 replies 30 participants last post by  E_naD 
#1 ·
I heard that Sarge said I'd probably have the video up before a lot of people got home, so in an effort not to disappoint, here it is. Nothing fancy on the editing- I just stuck together the clips I had and added some music to it. I trust everyone will find the music appropriate. :)

Right Click, Save Target As

I left it in high resolution format, so the video is about 50 megs. Thanks to Sarge for putting this on, and it was great to meet everybody and see all the cars together.

I'll now return to my regularly scheduled "one every two months" Goat sightings. ;)

#3 · (Edited)
and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

never seen so many goats at once.....just unbelieveable :cool:

#5 ·
I am impressed! You managed to catch the mood perfectly! All except for "The Arrival" 20+ cars showing up, all at once. It was a near emotional experience. Next year gonna be even mo' bettah! Thanks Sarge and friends!

#6 ·
Thats it, next year we will be driving out for goatfest...looks like a great time was had by all.....

#8 ·
All I can say is............WOW!

#9 · (Edited)
Horns Keith that is just awesome man. Mama and I are just floored.....man that was a good time......just the best group of folks I have ever seen in one place. That was an event that I will remember the rest of my life....damn that was great. Padre...at the park my cellphone was dead as Naploean....thank you so much for your attempts...I appreciate it and apologize for my whacky cell phone...sometimes it works here at the ranch and sometimes it doesn't.....all in all a historical day......thanks to Baaa for blowing the oil line off of Oprah and special thanks to gofast2win for putting it back on.:):)

#11 ·
Just watched the video. Awesome event Sarge! :hail:

Wish I could have made the pilgrimage. Maybe next year.

#14 ·
Yeller Jakett said:
I am impressed! You managed to catch the mood perfectly! All except for "The Arrival" 20+ cars showing up, all at once. It was a near emotional experience. Next year gonna be even mo' bettah! Thanks Sarge and friends!

I second that!!!! Great get-together, great time, lots of GTOs. It will be interesting to see what further mods we all have done by next year. Everybody involved made this a GREAT event! Thanks!!!!!!

#15 ·
Great video, thanks for showing me what I missed! I did see a Cosmos Purple in the Buc-ees parking lot on I-10 near Luling, but the BOSS was driving and wouldn't stop. We were on our way back from a week at the Big Bend. Talk about a road trip! I will say Terlingua is quite the place to be! Well, I have bruises on my bruises! We rafted the Rio Grande, rode horses up into the Indian Head mountains and then "mountain" biked in the desert outside Lajita's. I face planted myself several times as my 13 year old son just took off! Oh to be young and agile. You know cactus really does hurt! So, the only goats I got to see were the four-legged hairy ones- no not you Joe but close!
I am glad everyone had a safe time! I hope no one got a ticket, the DPS was out in force!
I hope to make the second installment of GoatFest.
BLYGOAT

#16 ·
sgtgeek said:
Horns Keith that is just awesome man. Mama and I are just floored.....man that was a good time......just the best group of folks I have ever seen in one place. That was an event that I will remember the rest of my life....damn that was great. Padre...at the park my cellphone was dead as Naploean....thank you so much for your attempts...I appreciate it and apologize for my whacky cell phone...sometimes it works here at the ranch and sometimes it doesn't.....all in all a historical day......thanks to Baaa for blowing the oil line off of Oprah and special thanks to gofast2win for putting it back on.:):)
The event was awsome special thanks to sarge and Mama for a job well done... Hornskeith you are the man on the camera what a great job... To all the guys up north you all missed another awsome day in Texas as well as all them goats on the feild what a picture that was... And Baaa thanks for getting me in troubble but hey what are best freinds for lol... Sarge I will call Earl's tomorrow and ask them why this hose burst like it did and see if they have had problems with a production run on this batch... Once and again thanks to all that made this event it was nice to meet a great bunch of people and have a good time and hope next years get to geather brings more cars and fine people.... p/s next year bring the sun screen dam I am rosted lmfao... :)

#18 ·
:cry: I'm not too tough to cry...dayyum, I wish I coulda gone. Next year for sure! Great video! And sarge you have a beautiful place!! I'd have had to put my fishing pole in that lake at least once though.... :gr_jest:

#19 ·
lisatw151 said:
:cry: I'm not too tough to cry...dayyum, I wish I coulda gone. Next year for sure! Great video! And sarge you have a beautiful place!! I'd have had to put my fishing pole in that lake at least once though.... :gr_jest:
Your welcome too anytime:)

#20 ·
It was great to meet everyone. Very special thanks to sarge and mama for hosting the event and thanks for the purty wheels. i am probably going to go have them mounted in a bit. I will make sure to take pics.

ALSO..

I dont know if anyone would be interesting in anything like this but with the turnout we had at the Goatfest I think it might just work. Every year for the past 3 years The Club Grand Prix hosted a shootout which consisted of a 2 days weekend. The first day we had a car show with prizes and such from sponsors. The second day we rented Out San Antonio Raceway for the whole day just for ourselves. The cost for the track rental is about 2000 dollars. So if we get 50 People at 50 a piece we would have plenty to spare. we could setup heads up races bracket racing ect ect. It would an awesome time.

And for prizes for the racing and car shows. We have a great group of GTO sponsors and parts dealers I am sure we could get them to donate to our cause if we get a nice group of people.

What does every else think?

Mabye we could incorporate it with the Goatfest next year. :)

#25 ·
Sarge,

Me and the Family just walked in the door. Thanks again for a great time. A great place with some awesome cars and people! Thanks again and I look forward to next year.

PS. The Vistro restarant was Fantastic! Best Wienerschnitzel EVER! :)

#26 ·
72/04 GTO said:
Sarge,

Me and the Family just walked in the door. Thanks again for a great time. A great place with some awesome cars and people! Thanks again and I look forward to next year.

PS. The Vistro restarant was Fantastic! Best Wienerschnitzel EVER! :)
Mama and I were pleased to have you guys. Just a memorable day. Glad your home safe and sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.