Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tuning/Dyno Results

Old 07-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
ChargedGoat
Premium Member

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Stock tune - 2005 m6

I need a 2005 m6 stock tune for a smog test. How in the world do I go about doing this..?

https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843189
Sirius/Aeroforce Interceptors SCSS pod/Kenwood/4300K lows/HSV steering wheel/ROH R/T pc'd 18X9, 18X10/ 245 RE-11A,285 Nitto 555/fenders rollled/ARP wheel studs/DBA Wiper-Slotted/Hawk HPS/Russell SS brakelines/Lovells rr bushings/BC coilovers/Lovells strut mounts/Hotchkis sways/fake sap front bumper, SAP grills, hood scoops, rear fascia painted satin black/06 tails/Walbro 255/TVS1900/Kooks 1 3/4" LT's, cats/DMH/Magnaflow/160*/SCSS TVS mounts/LS7 Clutch/MGW-P
SD tuned by Cunningham Motorsports
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
llafro

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to llafro
I just downloaded one from the HPTuners site. I think you have to have a licensed dongle to get into the tune repository. Give me an e-mail and I will send you the one I downloaded. No guarantees that it's correct, of course. You have to be careful with stuff you download from the Internet, or so I hear... :-)

Plus, it will only work using the HPTuners software.
10-speaker, 1200-watt custom sound system

98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Old 07-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
SkiPopeye36
FPFQ Herder

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Just read your other thread.

Your issue is definitely the SD tune as those readiness monitors will never set. You got away with it in years past probably because they never checked for those, but they were most certainly not completing.

There’s a temporary workaround you can do if you have HP Tuners, but it’s only temporary to get you thru inspection/emissions.

Also, do you still have a MAF installed and wired up in the car? A stock tune won’t do you any good if the MAF is no longer in the car.
CGM | CCW SP550 | Pedders Xa | Kooks | Spintech | Ed Curtis Cam | FAST 92 | Duspeed | GMM | Street Slayer Clutch | Billet Prototypes | JHP Pod, Spoiler, Steering Wheel | GTOG8TA SAP Grilles | Cold Case
2004 M6 GTO
IBM | 05-06 Hood | Holden VZ 18's | Pedders | Lovells | 05-06 Calipers | Kooks | Spintech | Svede | Billet Prototypes | HSV Steering Wheel | WCS SAP Grilles | Mavman Spoiler | VX Tails | Mishimoto | Leatherseats Interior

Old 07-05-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
ChargedGoat
Premium Member

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Not that Iím trying to be cheap here, but Iím nowhere near utilizing HPTuners. Sounds like I would need to invest $500 to just to use them for what Iím trying to do, correct? I really donít know.. this wasnít something I was wanting to get into for this car.

The MAF is wired up.

This may sound really dumb, but is it possible to give the smog guy a stock tune via email or flash drive..? And he can use it that way to get me through this, instead of screwing around with my car at all.. Please forgive my utter ignorance on this
Old 07-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
StarCaller
one life to live...

2005 GTO Owner

go find some tuners in your area, call them & ask them if they would flash you the stock tune/
they probably don't charge a fortune for that/

giving the tune to the smog guy will not work....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: