Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 05-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
googleman5
wHaT a LoVeLy DaY!

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Redline Goods Steering Wheel

I just received my wheel from Red line goods. It seems a bit naked. Should it have the silver trim bits on the 4 spokes? Should it have anything else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1254.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	492669

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
|bohnman's MP3 Jack|SAP Repro Grills|Pedders Street 2+|DBA Slotted Rotors|Hawk HP Ceramics|Monaro VX Tails|Kooks 1x3/4" Headers|SVEDE OTR Intake| Magnaflow w/e Catback|Hinson Solid Motor Mounts| Billet Prototypes Oil Catch Can (in red)|

Tuned by Don Kinder of SLOWHAWK PERFORMANCE

"Spending money I don't have, to buy parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know!" - Grumpy Jenkins
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
Sacrifice

2006 GTO Owner

Pretty sure youre supposed to transfer those pieces from your existing one. Looks nice though
Old 05-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
LFSADRG
Need To Drive More

2005 GTO Owner

Yes, need the spoke covers. I ordered new ones from GTOG8TA . com when Redline did my wheel.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:29 AM   #4
Glynn
Pontiac Fanboy

2006 GTO Owner

Looks nice. Care to post some more photos of the wheel from more angles?

2015 A6 SS w/:
Holden Bits|Warranty-Friendly Trinkets
Baby Mobile

2006 M6 GTO w/:
|Vararam|Ported TB/Intake|Kooks LTs|Magnaflow 2.5"|Pedders XA Supercars|Hotchkis Sways|4P CTS-V|LT1-S Twin|Billet Pro|G8 GT 19s|HINSON E&T Mounts|Whiteline, SuperPro, and Pedders Bushings|
John Doe's old ride. My take on a "1LE" GTO

1997 Grand Prix GT w/:
Sold
Old 05-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #5
googleman5
wHaT a LoVeLy DaY!

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Will do tonight. Who likes the setting of a Mobil 1 hat with harbor freight coupons.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #6
Gimpy1

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleman5...View Post
Will do tonight. Who likes the setting of a Mobil 1 hat with harbor freight coupons.

Well at least you're keeping the car/garage theme going. I've been thinking about having redline redo my steering wheel too how is the quality? I think one of the members here had some quality/workmanship issues. You definitely need the covers on the spokes. Looks really nice! More pics would be great too, but use the Victoria's Secret or Fredrick's catalog in the background.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
googleman5
wHaT a LoVeLy DaY!

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Noted, lol.

My concern is that leather is so high/deep/large that the clips won’t be able to fit. We”ll see.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #8
DangerNoodle
The battle of wits has begun.

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy1...View Post
Well at least you're keeping the car/garage theme going. I've been thinking about having redline redo my steering wheel too how is the quality? I think one of the members here had some quality/workmanship issues. You definitely need the covers on the spokes. Looks really nice! More pics would be great too, but use the Victoria's Secret or Fredrick's catalog in the background.

I have the issue with them. Their website verbiage is misleading. I've spoken to them about the short-comings of their website and they were very defensive about the website and how its impossible to improve it.

If you speak directly to someone at Redline, I'm sure you can get a quality product.

I went through their website and ended up with a sub-par item. Again, its not terrible, its just not what I was paying for. I opt'd for the "perforated leather option" At no point did the website point out that the perforated leather is a different leather that will have a different shade of color and feel like pleather.

Rant aside, that is a nice looking steering wheel. Leather spoke it!
Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Last edited by DangerNoodle; 05-15-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: