Original Owners Club - Page 4 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors


Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tech Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #91
bnvus
What the....
 
bnvus's Avatar
 
2005 GTO Owner

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 2,588


Offline
Bought mine brand new as soon as they released the 05's. Still have it and it is going strong.
__________________
2005 Phantom Black M6 GTO
Built 416 by G-Engines

1996 BBB Impala SS
[email protected]
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-07-2019, 05:41 AM   #92
GTOGRRRR
A4 PBM/RED 1 of 631-now 1of1
 
GTOGRRRR's Avatar
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,350


Offline
smooth and fast

bought my 04' right off the transporter in March of 04'...have done a few things to her listed in my signature...currently has 56K on the clock and running like I just took it off the showroom floor....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	492585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0392.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	492587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	420.9 KB
ID:	492589   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	492591   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO-5-6-18_0331.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	492593  

__________________

JBA ceramic shorties,MP112superchargedwith maggietune,pinnedcrank,K&N dropin,06Tails,DBA rotors/Hawkpads/RussellSSbrakelines,LED's,RacemeshGrille,06Hood,50 %Tint,AeroFcGages,SplitDual w/origmufflers,CarMotorsportmats,BMRSkidPlate,
widenedoem17's,ContiDW 245/275,Optima,RR bushes,ANDmycustom"see your battery"maggie reservoir relo"Bracket"...KYB shocks/struts w/Pedders20mmlwr springs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0RjU0OG3UQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgjP27KTEzw

Last edited by GTOGRRRR; 05-07-2019 at 05:49 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 02:48 AM   #93
URNDWAY
Registered User
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Barrington, IL
Posts: 13


Offline
Original owner of a '06 PBM T56 bought in June 2006. currently ~250,000 miles (Quit paying attention after 200,000), no upgrades.

Started off as a weekend car and it never saw rain or snow for the first 6 years of its life. Drove it to work one day and never stopped, it turned into my daily driver after that day. That's how much I love driving this car.

I will have this car till the day I die.
__________________
I am one of those that lost $10,000 when I signed the title... 13 years later... well worth it!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2019, 03:56 AM   #94
sandu002
Registered User
 
sandu002's Avatar
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brookeville, Md
Posts: 3,357


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by URNDWAY...View Post
Original owner of a '06 PBM T56 bought in June 2006. currently ~250,000 miles (Quit paying attention after 200,000), no upgrades.

Started off as a weekend car and it never saw rain or snow for the first 6 years of its life. Drove it to work one day and never stopped, it turned into my daily driver after that day. That's how much I love driving this car.

I will have this car till the day I die.

Amazing to hear that kind of mileage.
__________________
1 of 484, M6
Kooks 1 3/4" LT's, Hotchkis sway bars, Pedders Extreme XA Coilovers
BMR axles, stubs, 3.5" alum ds
Kaaz diff, Harrop cover, Kircher spoiler
112HH Maggie, w 60's
ECS Tensioner
2.6" Pulley - Pulley Boys
Formato ported TB, LPE CAI
Monster stage 3 clutch
Magnaflow exhaust w h/f cats & midpipe
Billett Pro
245/40/18 (F&R)
Banshee gauge pod
1/4 = 11.82 @121 mph
518 rwhp 533 rwtq @ 9 psi
EFI tune - RPR Automotive
DBA T3's, Hawk HP+ (st) DTC60 (trk)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #95
Sooners
7 NC's
 
Sooners's Avatar
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maitland/Casselberry, FL
Posts: 318


Offline
Orlando Goat

Original owner - Recently garaged her with 107k. Was a daily driver and I drove the crap outta her. Daily commute was killing her so I decided to park and only take her out on Nice w/e's. Lot's of mods over the years.....I'm 58.....
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 04:01 AM   #96
gto57
Is that FWD?
 
gto57's Avatar
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 961


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by URNDWAY...View Post
Original owner of a '06 PBM T56 bought in June 2006. currently ~250,000 miles (Quit paying attention after 200,000), no upgrades.

Started off as a weekend car and it never saw rain or snow for the first 6 years of its life. Drove it to work one day and never stopped, it turned into my daily driver after that day. That's how much I love driving this car.

I will have this car till the day I die.

That is a ton of miles, I am original owner, sitting at 28,000....
__________________
2004 GTO - Quicksilver A4 (437rwhp 371rwtq)

Engine Mods: Livernois Stage III LS6 heads/cam | Cam - [email protected], Lift .568", LSA 114
Fast LSXr 102mm | LPE 100MM MAF | 105MM Accufab TB
SvedeSpeed OTRCAI | JBA Shorty Headers | JBA Mids w/cats | JBA Split Catback

Appearance: Banshee Hood | Banshee Dual Exhaust Inserts | DBA Slotted Rotors
Ace Alloy AFF02 Black Chrome, 19" staggered setup.

Drivetrain : | DSS CF Driveshaft | Gforce Half Shafts | Inner Axle Stubs
3200 Vigilante Single Disc


  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #97
pkjr2653
Registered User
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Columbia Heights, MN
Posts: 4
Premium Member


Offline
I have an '04. 56k. Not the original owner. Wish I could be part of this group.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 03:35 AM   #98
sandu002
Registered User
 
sandu002's Avatar
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brookeville, Md
Posts: 3,357


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr2653...View Post
I have an '04. 56k. Not the original owner. Wish I could be part of this group.

Well, now that you have one, don't let it go.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #99
pkjr2653
Registered User
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Columbia Heights, MN
Posts: 4
Premium Member


Offline
It's a keeper for sure
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #100
73blazer
Registered User
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Birch Run, MI
Posts: 141
GXFDPD

Offline
Ordered Jan '04 (mouse over my Founding Member banner under my name for my order number, we were all waitin' then!).... Picked up May '04. Never looked backed! Currently 172kmi on it. My Daughter was 4 when we bought it. Now she's a sophomore in college
Replaced trans with a TR6060 modified because the T56 blew up at 110kmi on it. Everything else has just been standard stuff really.
__________________
73blazer
2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, G56 Trans
1973 Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 HT383 SM465/NP205 2" lift, All fibeglass body, H2 Wheels/tires, 14bff Detroit, Dana 44 ARB'd, 8pt cage
1986 Chevrolet C10 4.3L/3-on-the-tree Manual
1970 Chevrolet Impala 400/TH350 Dog-o-Matic

2004 GTO Silver/Red M6

Last edited by 73blazer; 06-10-2019 at 01:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #101
1st04GTOowner
Registered User
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: May 2019
Location: Roscoe, Illinois
Posts: 2


Offline
Original owner of a 2004 picked it up in February of 2004. Black with a red interior 6 speed. I ordered it in July of 2003 sight unseen. The dealer also ordered a red automatic at the same time and they weren't sure it they were going to be able to order anymore or ever get anymore. There was a lot of rumors going around that supply was going to be very limited. Especially after the train crash that destroyed so many. On the night I went to pick it up there was 10 guys hovering around mine when I arrived. Nobody seemed interested in the red one. After checking it out and all the congrats and hand shacks, one of the dudes offered me $5000.00 to walk away. Since I didn't know if more were coming and all the rumors about shortages and the fact that I had just waited almost 8 months for it I decided to pass on his offer. True story. I paid sticker price which I had agreed to pay and the dealer had agreed to sell me it for. Many paid over sticker at the time so I felt luck about that. I drove it home in a snow storm and it has been through 10 winters as It was my only car for 10 years. I bought the SAP appearance package that included the 05-06 hood, the SAP grills and spoiler. Then I bought the front bumper extension. Painted it and installed all the parts myself. It has an 06 rear bumper and exhaust I had installed after I was rear-ended and got a new rear bumper for free. I asked the body man if he would order the 05-06 bumper instead and he agreed and installed it at no extra charge. I installed 06 tail lights. 35% window tint that is legal here in IL that has saved the front seat and the top of the rear seats that were prone to sun damage. I have owned it for 15 years now and I still love it. It has been a great reliable car.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #102
GTOZZ06
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1


Offline
My 06 turns 13 on 6/30.
Just over 65k.

IBM / black A4 w/18”s (replaced w/ staggered 18” Drift-R’s). Other tasteful mods include Pedders fast rack, f&r zero drop springs, comfort gas struts & shocks, SLP rear sway bar, SAP mufflers with single tips, dual bezel pod with AI gauges, IAT relocate, Chris White TCM, painted IBM rear valance, blacked out arrowheads, Holden HSV/LS2 trunk badge and Liquidome HSV steering wheel badge.

It’s been a while since I lost my original GTOZZ user account due to inactivity after the site was hacked. Good to see a few OG’s are still around.

Last edited by GTOZZ06; 06-15-2019 at 07:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #103
gto57
Is that FWD?
 
gto57's Avatar
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 961


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st04GTOowner...View Post
Original owner of a 2004 picked it up in February of 2004. Black with a red interior 6 speed. I ordered it in July of 2003 sight unseen. The dealer also ordered a red automatic at the same time and they weren't sure it they were going to be able to order anymore or ever get anymore. There was a lot of rumors going around that supply was going to be very limited. Especially after the train crash that destroyed so many. On the night I went to pick it up there was 10 guys hovering around mine when I arrived. Nobody seemed interested in the red one. After checking it out and all the congrats and hand shacks, one of the dudes offered me $5000.00 to walk away. Since I didn't know if more were coming and all the rumors about shortages and the fact that I had just waited almost 8 months for it I decided to pass on his offer. True story. I paid sticker price which I had agreed to pay and the dealer had agreed to sell me it for. Many paid over sticker at the time so I felt luck about that. I drove it home in a snow storm and it has been through 10 winters as It was my only car for 10 years. I bought the SAP appearance package that included the 05-06 hood, the SAP grills and spoiler. Then I bought the front bumper extension. Painted it and installed all the parts myself. It has an 06 rear bumper and exhaust I had installed after I was rear-ended and got a new rear bumper for free. I asked the body man if he would order the 05-06 bumper instead and he agreed and installed it at no extra charge. I installed 06 tail lights. 35% window tint that is legal here in IL that has saved the front seat and the top of the rear seats that were prone to sun damage. I have owned it for 15 years now and I still love it. It has been a great reliable car.


Good story, I bought mine off lot in March 2004, dealership got 4 GTO's delivered, my friend worked there and he told me there were coming. Silver auto with black interior, silver manual with red interior, yellow manual and black auto. I watched them unload them from car hauler, all 4 cars had 2 miles on them. I really wanted silver with black interior but it was an auto, but picked that one anyway. Dealership let me use by GMS discount, got the GTO for like $31000 or so out the door, that was tax, title, etc. Drove it off the lot with 2 miles on it. 15 years later sitting at 28,000 miles, never seen rain or snow and modified nicely now with heads/cam/fast 102lsxr, rims, banshee hood, etc. Never been in accident or even a speeding ticket in the GTO.


Last edited by gto57; 06-16-2019 at 09:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:01 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.