Window Guide Part # 90224897 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > The Body Shop

Old 06-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
Jim Ignatowski
Hope he gets it!

2006 GTO Owner

Window Guide Part # 90224897

I recently discovered I had the passenger window come unglued from the track and when disassembling, i noted that one of the guide clips is broken in 2. I need to replace this before gluing the guide back to the window or it will allow the window to move too much in the door. I've scoured the google pages and can not fine anyone who has this or an alternative part i can use. Does anybody have info on where to track this part down or something else i can use for a replacement?
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 11:29 PM   #2
Jontall
1 of 262

2006 GTO Owner

You will need to get it from a salvaged GTO.
http://www.oneilengineering.mysite.com/photo3_4.html
Email this guy: If you need parts, please email me at [email protected] and include your shipping zip code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CW4G3KCPjrc
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
ChargedGoat
Premium Member

2005 GTO Owner

Premium Member

My driver side window became unglued as well, and the thing that worked best for me was windshield weld for re-gluing. It's held for about 10 years.

I tried it after several failed attempts with other glues. The windshield weld allows for some flex, and that's exactly what was required since the clips weren't perfect and the slide guide was no longer perfectly straight.
Sirius/Aeroforce Interceptors SCSS pod/Kenwood/4300K lows/HSV steering wheel/ROH R/T pc'd 18X9, 18X10/ 245 RE-11A,285 Nitto 555/fenders rollled/ARP wheel studs/DBA Wiper-Slotted/Hawk HPS/Russell SS brakelines/Lovells rr bushings/BC coilovers/Lovells strut mounts/Hotchkis sways/fake sap front bumper, SAP grills, hood scoops, rear fascia painted satin black/06 tails/Walbro 255/TVS1900/Kooks 1 3/4" LT's, cats/DMH/Magnaflow/160*/SCSS TVS mounts/LS7 Clutch/MGW-P
SD tuned by Cunningham Motorsports

Old 06-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #4
BigEd
Coco Conocido

2005 GTO Owner

I also fixed mine with window weld, and the plastic clip with plastic epoxy. It has held for a few years.
I am careful not to close the door hard, and NEVER close it unless the window is all the way up or all the way down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: