04 GTO brake interlock soleniod - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors


Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tech Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #1
jayydogg
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 52


Offline
04 GTO brake interlock soleniod

Guys, need a little help. When I purchased my 04 A4 I never had to place my foot on the brake to shift the car from park (key or no key) I was in my mid twenty's and didn't really care. Fast forward to today and I was going to trade it in or do a kbb instant cash offer, I was told they couldn't take the car because the brake lock not working is a safety issue. I don't know much about the interlock solenoid or what it even looks like but every sight I've gone to do far says the part is no longer available for my car. Can someone please help me find the part number for an 04 A4 brake interlock solenoid? Or maybe any others suggestions on what else could cause the shifter not to lock? Thank in advance.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
mlformula95
Registered User
 
mlformula95's Avatar
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 209


Online
No experience with A4 but check with hawksmotorsports.com

They sometimes have hard to find parts.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
LS2-GTO
1 of 40,757
 
LS2-GTO's Avatar
 
2006 GTO Owner

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 6,106
Premium Member


Offline
Check the 10 amp fuse slot 15 under the dash.
[edit] That fuse might only keep you stuck in park.

Does the car allow you to shift out of park without the key?
__________________

Last edited by LS2-GTO; 06-18-2019 at 11:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
jayydogg
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 52


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2-GTO...View Post
Check the 10 amp fuse slot 15 under the dash.
[edit] That fuse might only keep you stuck in park.

Does the car allow you to shift out of park without the key?

Yes, I have no problems shifting, I can shift with or without the key and without pushing the brake
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
llafro
Registered User
 
llafro's Avatar
 
2004 GTO Owner

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 569


Offline
Send a message via Yahoo to llafro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayydogg...View Post
Guys, need a little help. When I purchased my 04 A4 I never had to place my foot on the brake to shift the car from park (key or no key) I was in my mid twenty's and didn't really care. Fast forward to today and I was going to trade it in or do a kbb instant cash offer, I was told they couldn't take the car because the brake lock not working is a safety issue. I don't know much about the interlock solenoid or what it even looks like but every sight I've gone to do far says the part is no longer available for my car. Can someone please help me find the part number for an 04 A4 brake interlock solenoid? Or maybe any others suggestions on what else could cause the shifter not to lock? Thank in advance.

A safety issue? hahaha. They were trying to beat you down on the price.

The neutral safety switch is a great idea, so you can't start the car in gear, but the brake interlock on an automatic is just useless.
__________________
04 Pontiac GTO
400+ RWHP / 400+ RWTQ of Magnacharged goodness --- Flowmaster cat-back exhaust
Pedders Track II with Hotchkis swaybars --- 06 GTO brakes with stainless lines and Hawk pads
10-speaker, 1200-watt custom sound system

98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
Kfxguy
Registered User
 
Kfxguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 1,165


Offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by llafro...View Post
A safety issue? hahaha. They were trying to beat you down on the price.

The neutral safety switch is a great idea, so you can't start the car in gear, but the brake interlock on an automatic is just useless.

I agree. Especially if you have the car running and someone puts it in reverse or drive without the brake being pressed. Thats always safe.
__________________
2004 5.7
78mm BILLET turdbo
Summit ghost cam
ss3200 yank
[email protected] 125 8psi (ish) (on 12psi now)
kinda slow but not really
Build thread https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837586
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
jayydogg
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 52


Offline
I don't think they are trying to beat me, they offered 12k but said its contingent on getting the shifter fixed.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:25 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.