I almost overslept my last final in college haha - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > Regional Forums > North Western

Old 06-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
HardHitter

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to HardHitter
I almost overslept my last final in college haha

So this is my last quarter of college and I cannot believe I'm finally graduating. Anyway, my last final was this morning at 9:10 and the class was a joke. The teacher didn't know how to speak English and no one could understand him. Let alone, he said that if we did all the HW in the class, the worst we could do is get a B. Seeing that I did all the HW and got an 89 on the first midterm I didn't really study.

I end up going to bed a 2 with my alarm set for 8am. I go to turn over in my bed and I look at the clock and it says 9:30. I do a double take and literally sit there for a minute or so thinking "Do I have a final today? Isn't it at 9:10?" and then it finally clicks in my head that I'm late and missing it lol. I literally grabbed my keys, didn't even brush my teeth or changed my clothes and drove to the school and took the test.

I just thought to myself how lucky I was to have woken up just 20-30 minutes late into the final and how shitty it would have been if I had slept through the last final of my college career and couldn't have graduated!

Anyway, I'm all done! Graduation is Saturday. Still hasn't hit me that I'm done.

End Story

2005 GTO: Kooks Headers, Flowmasters, Tein drop springs, 18" TSW wheels - Tune and Dyno coming soon

Past Cars:

1994 RX7: A-Spec 500R Single Turbo /w Water Inj. - 405rwhp/387rwtq
2000 S4: Stage 3 setup, suspension, etc - 371awhp/417awtq
2005 GTO: Headers, cam, suspension, wheels, etc - 423rwhp/387rwtq
1994 RX7: All bolt-ons, stock twin turbos, suspension, wheels, etc - 320rwhp/290rwtq
2004 RX8: Exhaust and suspension - too slow to move the dyno rollers
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Cal Goat
Barbie Jet driver

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitter...View Post
Still hasn't hit me that I'm done.

It's pretty anti-climactic when it does. Just enjoy that weird, kind of numb feeling right now of "My god, no more school for the rest of my life."

People say they wish they could go back. All I know is that after 2 years of being a college graduate, I don't miss it that much. Sometimes I think it would be cool to go back and study religion and philosophy just for my own personal intrigue, but I don't think I'll ever really do it.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
snowairg
New home track: Nürburgring

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Goat...View Post
People say they wish they could go back. All I know is that after 2 years of being a college graduate, I don't miss it that much.

I miss college, but not school.

I stayed up late one night, we'll call it "playing online poker". Woke up at 10 AM for a 9 AM final. Walked into the tiered-seating-style classroom all disheveled. Classmates looked at me thinking "what an idiot." Teacher's not there, so I ask the class where the F is he, and of course no one knows/responds. I shuffle through the papers on his desk and find a test, then head up to find a seat, at which time the prof comes into the classroom. We say "Hey, what's up" to each other like it's no big deal that I'm late and look like hell, and I proceed to ace his exam. I even managed to finish before a handful of students that were actually on time.

I've got a few other great stories, including going to the wrong/early class because my alarm clock was set to a different time zone, falling on my face from hitting a crack in the sidewalk while skateboarding, and getting a 7% on a calculus exam for reasons I don't even know why. But I'll have to save the details for another time.

Congrats on the big accomplishment, Brian. I leave you with this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOsh_TuVJvY[/YOUTUBE]

Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
HardHitter

2005 GTO Owner

Greg I had the same thing hah. I ran into class and the teacher wasn't there and I asked my friend where the F he was and no one knew where he went. I was walking around Lucas Hall trying to find him and he goes "your test is on my desk" so I basically run back to the classroom and take the exam.

Oh well, already have that job lined up, so I'm not worried!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
PDQ GTO
Product of Italy

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Congratulations Brian!!! That’s a huge accomplishment for sure. Great story too. Now what Bro? Some R&R I would imagine.

536HP. / 540TR. (RW) - She's Blue...
Old 06-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
ww_Crimson
www.Norcalgoats.com

2004 GTO Owner

Congrats man.. my last final for this quarter is tonight and I'm pretty much F'd on it.. we have to write 3 separate in-class essays on different factors of global economics.. I spent 5 hours TRYING to study last night and I could not focus at all. If I don't pass this class I'm gonna be pissed. Our whole grade is based on our midterm and our final. I got a B on the midterm so if I can pull off a B on the final I'll be pretty stoked.
2004 A4 GTO: Chromed 17" Wheels // SAP Grilles // Hotchkis Sway Bar // 05 Brake Upgrade // Pedders Front Radius Rod Bushings // Noltec Strut Mounts & Bearings // Factory Stereo with Alpine Type-R 12" and Pioneer Speakers // Bohnman Aux Input // SW Longtubes // Continental DWS Tires (245/17) // Russel SS Brakelines // Svede Speed OTRCAI

305hp / 315tq before headers and tune - 13.99 @ 98mph
326hp / 331tq after LTs and tune - 13.58 @ 106mph
Old 06-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
Underoath
I do cocaine!

Other Holden/HSV

I slept through 2 finals in my college career. Whoops! Not just partway through....completely.

PROCHARGED
Old 06-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Cal Goat
Barbie Jet driver

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowairg...View Post
... falling on my face from hitting a crack in the sidewalk while skateboarding, ...

+1

Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Sandman SS
Space and Time

2006 GTO Owner

Congrats on graduation man... I miss college

What is your undergrad? I double majored in Zoology and Geology

Last edited by Sandman SS; 06-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #10
Ivman
Carbon Feaver

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Haha, College was some good times. Way better than high school.

Great story Greg. I look forward to some of them this weekend! Haha

Anyone object to me bringing beer?

Edit: Oh yea, and congrats Brian! It's true, it is somewhat anti-climatic. Although, you'll realize how much more relaxed you are going forward. It'll also be difficult to maintain a full schedule. I feel as though my days off are sometimes wasted now, instead of doing homework like before.

God I'm glad I'm done with College. I'm crazy for wanting to go bad for my masters next year... haha
Looks: 32%/4% Front/Rear Tint, Jamesbiz Arrowheads, SCSS Gauges

GoFast: 122HH, 228/236 116lsa Cam, ARH 1 7/8th LT's, Catless, 3in Magnaflows, Billet, SCSS Mounts, KWv3's, Hotchkis Sways, HD Endlinks, Lovells RR Bushings, SS Brake Lines, BMR Skid Plate, IW 8rib, Hex Clutch, SS Clutch Lines/Bleeder, RPM 5 T56, BMR Alum DS, EE Catch Can, Harrop diff cover, BMR Half Shafts

477hp/476ft-lbs @ 9.92psi (pre cam / LT's / exhaust / pulley)
Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #11
HardHitter

2005 GTO Owner

I graduated with a double major in accounting and information systems. I accepted a job offer with a Big 4 accounting firm after my junior year so senior year really was a time to really enjoy college by knowing I have a job already lined up when I graduate.

I don't start until October 5th so I have no idea what I am going to do in the mean time. I will probably go back to my part time job I used to work for from my junior year in high school until my junior year in college. Teaching 3-12 year olds soccer, so easy and fun.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
Ivman
Carbon Feaver

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

... I wish I didn't have to work while I went to school... lol

Maybe my reference to what it's going to be like isn't quite the same as you'll experience. I was used to long days at work, long nights at school, and everything in-between was homework/projects. I never had a break, including being way too involved with after school activities, clubs, and mentoring of other students.

It was a crazy adjustment to just be working, even if it is 50-70hrs per week.

Last edited by Ivman; 06-10-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Cal Goat
Barbie Jet driver

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
... so I have no idea what I am going to do in the mean time.

Screw hot chicks?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
snowairg
New home track: Nürburgring

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Goat...View Post
Screw hot chicks?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
peppylapu

congrats! now you can go out and get the same job a non college grad can get. So what kind of f'd up college has a non English speaking teacher in it? sounds like
Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #16
Underoath
I do cocaine!

Other Holden/HSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppylapu...View Post
congrats! now you can go out and get the same job a non college grad can get. So what kind of f'd up college has a non English speaking teacher in it? sounds like

Have you ever been to a large state university? I think U of Illinois had more non-english speaking professors than english speakers.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
Ivman
Carbon Feaver

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppylapu...View Post

And this douche popped up again... lol
Old 06-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #18
BookBinder
2005 GTO Midnight Blue M6

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
I graduated with a double major in accounting and information systems. I accepted a job offer with a Big 4 accounting firm after my junior year so senior year really was a time to really enjoy college by knowing I have a job already lined up when I graduate.

I don't start until October 5th so I have no idea what I am going to do in the mean time. I will probably go back to my part time job I used to work for from my junior year in high school until my junior year in college. Teaching 3-12 year olds soccer, so easy and fun.

Dude, take a bow! Congratulations! Enjoy the summer, you will be on a merry-go-round come October.
My daughters graduation from the Univ of Washington MPAcc program is tonight and she starts at KPMG in Seattle on October 5 too. I worked for EY for 15 years so I understand your situation.
As I said, take a bow! Nicely done.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #19
bnb5550

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to bnb5550
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowairg...View Post
Congrats on the big accomplishment, Brian. I leave you with this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOsh_TuVJvY[/YOUTUBE]

Little known fact, that guy actually dropped out of college when he was a freshman
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #20
HardHitter

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBinder...View Post
Dude, take a bow! Congratulations! Enjoy the summer, you will be on a merry-go-round come October.
My daughters graduation from the Univ of Washington MPAcc program is tonight and she starts at KPMG in Seattle on October 5 too. I worked for EY for 15 years so I understand your situation.
As I said, take a bow! Nicely done.

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats to your daughter, I am working for KPMG too. I'm pretty sure we have a late start date because we will be kept off their books as far as cost goes. We are being thrown right into a year end, so we are going to start off running!

Does she also have national training in Orlando, Florida in November? I think all first years have their training there, just like how all of us had intern training in Southern California last summer.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #21
BookBinder

2005 GTO Owner

Yep, she did say something about Florida in November. She has been so "cranky" about the CPA exam that I don't dare ask any details. Since I also passed that exam I DO understand that part too.

She is in the MPAcc program so I think her internship was a little different. I think the training was in NorCal, not sure.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #22
ls2alex
BEASTN

2006 GTO Owner

i cant wait til im done

2003 C5Z06
2004 Yamaha R1
2008 335i
Old 06-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #23
HardHitter

2005 GTO Owner

Don't even remind me of the CPA exam... has she taken any of the tests or is she going to try to pass all the exams prior to starting? I haven't even begun studying, I should probably get the ball rolling on that...
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #24
Don Smeechleone
You talk about vengeance...

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Congrats man.

I was always too much of a lowjo. LOL hairy lowjo. Never went out late when I had to be in school early the next day.. no crazy drinking. Saved that for the weekend.

Sold: 2006 CGM VZ GTO <<PICS & MOD LIST>> <<CURRENT XHAUST VID>> <<MORE XHAUST VIDS>>
424rwhp/403rwtq - CGM Mafia Don Jon
2017 Camaro 2SS M6, 2016 Sonata Hybrid SE
NORCAL GOATS <<LIKE THOSE SIG PICS YOU SEE, CLICK HERE>>
www.norcalgoats.com
Old 06-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #25
HardHitter

2005 GTO Owner

And I have officially graduated! Time to celebrate! again lol
Old 06-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #26
BookBinder

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Don't even remind me of the CPA exam... has she taken any of the tests or is she going to try to pass all the exams prior to starting? I haven't even begun studying, I should probably get the ball rolling on that...

She took two parts already (auditing and regulatory or whatever they call them now.) I think her plan is to try to be done by start date and snag that bonus.

For me, I took it spring quarter senior year, but that was a couple of eons ago. I saw too many people say they would take it later and then get busy with work, family, etc and it seemed WAY harder for them. I dunno. Each person is different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: