LS1GTO Forums banner

The perfect wheel set up for your GTO with NO ROLLING or RUBBING

45K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  Atroiano 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ACE Alloy Flow Formed Wheels for your Pontiac GTO.

As some of you might know Maverick Man Carbon and Ace Alloy worked closely together to get the right fitment for the Chevy SS. This is no different when it comes to the Pontiac GTO. We did the test fitment again with Ace Wheels in Chino, California on the Maverick Man Carbon GTO!

By using an actual Pontiac GTO for this rather than doing the guessing like other mail-order companies we know what works! We checked for brake clearance and fender clearance as well as larger aftermarket brake upgrades like the AP Brake Kit we came up with the best fitment for the GTO! Plus we have the best deals period!

The Ace 002 is a new style for the Pontiac GTO with ACE Alloy Wheel. Lightweight and has a stronger load rating than the common wheels often put on GTOs. Every owner knows there are very limited options out there for the Pontiac GTO. It is nice to have something new and different for it! The Ace Allow 002 is your best wheel at an affordable price starting at $1455 for a set of 4! Custom offsets are also available with only a 3 to 5-day lead-time, inquire within.

ORDER HERE

Available in four different finishes and in 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

MUST READ -> BLACK CHROME IS THE ONLY COLOR AVAILABLE IN THE CORRECT FITMENT SIZE FOR THE GTO allowing you to run a 275 without rubbing*. Other colors available will fit HOWEVER they will only fit with smaller rear tires like a 265. If you wish to go larger like a 275 you will have to roll the rear fender.

More aggressive fitments flusher to the fender is available, with a possible 285 tire fitment! However, you must roll the fender and fitment is only available in Black Chrome. Feel free to inquire for details.

*every GTO differs. some may rub depending on weight, suspension, and tire sizing.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very interesting, I'm always on the lookout for new wheels since there are so few. I'm a chrome guy but know nothing about how black chrome matches up with straight chrome. I've never seen them in person. Are 18's available or is it 19's only ?

#7 ·
no sorry only as shown as in 19s. black chrome can look like chrome in certain light and then black chrome as in the photos in other light.

So what are the offsets for these magical wheels with perfect fitment? I couldn't find them listed on your website either. Also curious if they are available in 18" sizes but I'm guessing no.
actually these wheels can be cut anywhere from +20 to +52 and will be just as so for the GTO. thus being "magical". at this time there are not many wheels in a x9.5 that will fit right without a roll besides 3 piece wheels. not to mention something different out there since the same wheels the last 10+ years. lol!

What about a square setup that fits properly and clears Brembo calipers?
Weight of the wheels?
well a x9.5 won't fit in the front. a x8.5 will fit in the rear. so it would have to be a x8.5 all the way around. i would have to figure out that offset.

I like the way they look on your GTO
these go really well with this color! ;)

Agree, what is weight of wheels?
these are a flow formed wheel. centers are cast, the outers are made like a flow formed like a forged wheels.

weights are as follows.

19x8.5 weight in at 20 lbs
19x9.5 weight in at 21 lbs.

these were weight BEFORE the were drilled and cut at the hub. so maybe a tad light then this.

#3 ·
So what are the offsets for these magical wheels with perfect fitment? I couldn't find them listed on your website either. Also curious if they are available in 18" sizes but I'm guessing no.

#4 ·
What about a square setup that fits properly and clears Brembo calipers?
Weight of the wheels?

#6 ·
#13 ·

Best looking wheels I've seen for the GTO. I've been looking and debating on what to replace my stock 17's with for a while now and was leaning towards weld 17" wheels. I am a little hesitant though, by how short the sidewall will be with the 19's as far as overall ride and how that size would perform with say a set of nitto nt05r's. Anyway glad to see another great option.

#17 ·
i am not making these personally. i am the one working with the company to get them done. ;)

but for now yes. they committed with me to bring in the 8.5 in black chrome just for the GTO.

so yes they should be around for some time until they decide to discontinue the wheel over all.

Maverick, I already install brake calipers from the Cadillac CTS-V six piston in front and four pistons in the rear (all with bohmancustons bracket). Will your wheels fit with this modifications?

they should as we have been discussing over DM.

#21 ·
Has anyone ordered these yet and installed?

Black Chrome
19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

I am assuming you should run 245/35/19 in front
and 275/30/19 in rear with no rubbing in rear?

#22 ·
Those are nice looking rims.

#23 ·
I read one of you guys were curious of the ace alloy wheels they are beautiful maverick man is correct about the sizes the fitment I went 235 35 19 front 19x8.5
back is 265 35 19 19x9.5. you guys should be able to fit 275 on back and the front you should be good with 245 I went with my size to be safe because I didnt want to have to reship it back. You guys have my word maverick man is a great guy and very concerned with customers satisfaction you get these wheels you wont be disappointed, we all know we dont have much a selection for wheels for these cars get something that stands out and these wheels will do just that any questions im all ears mavman knows his shit thats for sure

Attachments

#28 · (Edited)
I am currently running ROH Fury in black ice 19x8 with 245/35/19 all around, I would love a staggered setup like this. The rims I have are heavy, like 28lbs each plus tire.

#30 ·
If these are still available in the spring its going to be reallyyyy hard for me to not score a set.

#32 ·
So what are the offsets you recommend for.

Black Chrome
19x8.5 front 245/35/19
19x9.5 rear 275/30/19

or possibility of doing 19x8.5 all around with 245/35/19

#33 ·
Damn good looking wheels!

#35 ·
Hi, Maverick, after all the correspondence in the instagram, tell me if I made the correct conclusions: to install ACE wheels on the GTO with the installed brake sets from the Cadillac CTS-V, I need to install rims - R19, ЕТ 48, 8 inches wide (i.e. stock characteristics), and on the rear axle with the characteristics that you offer for a maximum tire width of 275 mm. Is it possible to order such a kit?

#37 ·
Here's a few pics of my Goat with the Ace Alloy Flow Formed AFF02 Black Chrome wheels from MaverickMan. I got 235-35-19s up front and 275-30-19 in the back. They're sitting on Continental ExtremeContact Sports, and these are probably the best tires I've owned.

Despite going larger, my new setup is smoother and quieter than my previous setup...235-40-18 / 265-35-18 TSW Zolders, sitting on Nitto NT555s. I haven't done any aggressive driving yet to see if the tires rub...but more to follow...

Attachments

#39 · (Edited)
Those look awesome I ordered the rims too I just haven't put tires on them yet going to do that in the next few weeks. Love the Banshee hood too, I have that hood as well.

#40 · (Edited)
I had the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires install on rims, need to get them on GTO this weekend. 275/30/19 in rear, and 245/35/19 in front.

Here are a few photos, rims and tires are light.
Front rim and tire 45.2 lbs.
Rear rim and tire 47.2 lbs.

My current rim tires setup is 56lbs per rim and tire, so great weight savings and wider rear tire.

Old rears 19x8 next to new 19x19.5

New front and rear

#42 ·
They turned out amazing.

#44 ·
I have 350mm lovell springs in rear already and koni shocks, I will do 340mm in front in next year or so. Still on stock springs/struts in front.