LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
It looks similar to a motorcycle's steering dampner. There is a stock one on my bike, but many choose to put in an aftermarket like Ohlins or Scotts. From what I have read and heard, Ohlins is one of the top 2 for bikes (most people go with Scotts). It does do a very good job on bike applications. As far as a car, I've never heard of it but they are a good company.

·
Registered
36 Posts
First, I have also heard good things about Ohlins. I have no experience with the product directly though. It looks as if Ohilins mounted a remote oil reservoir for its struts on a cross car brace. The advantage to a remote reservoir is it enables the fluid in the strut to remain cool when working hard. This gives a consistant feel to the suspension.

For street use or light track use, it is probably not necessary but it is extremely "cool" and has a good wow factor to those who may know what it's for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow- I just got done watching the video and love the simplicity of the adjustment. Very convienient location and simple to do (done directly on the reservoir for those who haven't seen the video- only the picture). So, I guess let me add that if you're going to be doing alot of suspension tweaking these may also be a good choice for the ease of adjustability.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I cannot stress how expensive an Ohlins setup would be. Far more than the more expensive setup that Gravana offers, probably in the $10k range if I had to guess. Lord knows their bike suspensions are not cheap. I'll take a Ducatti 999R with that Ohlins setup any day of the week though. Mm mm tasty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
phobos512 said:
I cannot stress how expensive an Ohlins setup would be. Far more than the more expensive setup that Gravana offers, probably in the $10k range if I had to guess. Lord knows their bike suspensions are not cheap. I'll take a Ducatti 999R with that Ohlins setup any day of the week though. Mm mm tasty.
I had asked about this back in July, and Jeff Reid @ Ohlins had this to say: "We have discussed it and there are some complications but we are working on it. I don’t have a time frame yet."

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
A little rich for me but Ohlins makes great suspension parts for bikes so i see no reason why they would be any different for cars.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Good god, pass... Unless someone wants to give me one. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts